1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Existing Buildings Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Vokarya, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

The next set of 20 on my list are for sure ...

1. Arawak (American)
    2. Belgian (European)
    3. Choson (Asian)
    4. Confederates (American)
    5. Dahomey (African)
    6. Dene (American)
    7. Haida (American)
    8. Irish (European)
    9. Jomon (Asian)
    10. Moche (American)
    11. Nazca (American)
    12. New Zealand (Oceanian)
    13. Sassanian (Middle Eastern)
    14. Scythian (European or Middle Eastern) [Not sure]
    15. Shang (Asian)
    16. Siberian (Asian)
    17. Spartan (European)
    18. Trojan (European)
    19. Xiongunese (Asian)
    20. Yamato (Asian)

Also have Dolphin, Cham and Syrian that have units but no wonder yet.

Beyond that I have a few more in mind but nothing planned out yet.

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Best thing to do for that right now is, look at the Hydro's Cultures (Embassy folder) and start looking that over and see if buildings for alot of them (especially) the HUH, never hear of the country, one's and figure out buildings for them first. If you get my drift.

3. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Belgian is just a fusion of French and Flemish. Do you have Flemish as a culture? If you don't but you have Dutch, I would replace Dutch with Flemish, and then let the player fuse it with French if he so desires and has the means and opportunity.

Irish is basically the same as Boudicca's Celtic culture from the vanilla game. I know she was English-Celtic - a now largely extinct branch of the Celts - but the game gets so confused between English, Scottish and Irish Celticity that this doesn't really matter.

By New Zealand do you mean Maori (the indigenous Melanesians of Ao Tearoa/New Zealand)? No offence intended, but there is nothing significantly unique about New Zealand culture that doesn't come from the Maoris.

4. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

Response in bold

5. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

Since Culture (Maya) requires Jade I don't understand it's inclusion at Petroglyphs. I suggest moving Maya to Mining at which Jade is discovered. Same for Chumash it requires Clam so I suggest moving it to Trap Fishing.

Edit:Tattoo Parlour should only require Military Tradition in my opinion. Tattoo tech is redundant.

Another redudancy at Naturapathy. The Nature Cult building requires Druidist religion. So why not move it to Druidism?

Rope Factory should require Plastics only. No need to show up in a Prehistoric tech. Not sure on Assembly Line.

Cock Fighting ring requires both Games and Poultry Domestication. First one is redundant since you need Games and the techs after it to research Poultry Domestication

6. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

7. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

8. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

9. strategyonly

Pls do an edit, rather than have 5 or so post in a row, thx.

Fixed thx.

10. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

Fixed already apologies.

11. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

@Hydro:

I'm thinking that we should from now on not add new Cultures unless we have a Unit to go with them, otherwise they are dead weights until we come up with a unit. That said another batch of cultures sounds good to me.

I'd also like to try and make the Culture Units more unique, many of them are only different from their base unit in that they have some Terrain promotions, I think we could make the new ones much more interesting and fun to use with some thought.

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Sparta and Trojan are not the same as Greek.

13. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

I think they are low priority. Heck if we add Sparta and Trojan might as well add Athens and Thebes as well. And I don't think they should be added separate of Greek.

14. strategyonly

I agree here, especially those darn Countries i dont think half the people never even knew existed. I'd like them to be even more defined also, not like the OLD way either UU/UB, i really didnt like that way to begin with, but a different way, terrain/environment around them etc.

15. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

An interesting idea.

16. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

You mean like all those Native American countries you keep adding.:mischief: Where you live has a bearing on what nations you know about.:D

I do as well as the Corinthians. Heck who has ever heard of the Dene, Haida or Moche? I may have heard of the latter, it depends on how it is pronounced.

17. strategyonly

Huh or Who? :dunno:

18. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

Hell while we are at it why not add the Visigoths,the Aragonese, Andalusian and Gallicia as cultures

19. Hadron

Hadron Chieftain

I agree. The current culture mechanics don't really add to game immersion as much as their potential suggests - build one, get the UU/UBs, and then totally forget about it (like world wonders). Cultures should have more pervasive effects.

E.g. a monoculture might be stable but not as dynamic (baseline, no +/- to anything). Too many cultures create the potential for great dynamism (+% to culture and science) but can also cause revolution and chaos if the wrong civics are used (+unhappiness & -cultural points for every X cultures present when using 'intolerant' type civics).

20. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

More or less or whatever the more modern version is.

This is separating from the old style of say Pagan to the more Christianized and modern styles. If Celtic was a Prehistoric culture than Irish would be a Medieval Culture.

As in the European colonists who settled New Zealand. We already have a Maori culture.

1. Yes more like Flemish.
    3. I have some more Korean units and wanted to represent different Eras of Korea.
    4. Yep. I also have Texan and Californian in the next incomplete set.
    11. Yep.
    13. Again I have some Persian units I want to separate off.
    17/18. Those have some different units I want to split off.
    20. Again I have some other Japanese units I want to spit off.

Like I said above a have a bunch of units read for cultures. However some more original cultures don't have units yet. I also have said that I am not adding those until we finish the set we are currently working on. Alex Costa asked what other one I was working on. Infact it has been posted for months now.

I am considering "Greek" and "Athens" as the same culture.

I won't be posting any new ones until the current set of 20 are filled in. In addition I am glad I have expanded your horizons on what people existed in history.

Maybe in the set after next? I almost did add the Visigoths but then we have the Goths. So I was unsure.

Hmm interesting idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.