1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Existing Buildings Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Vokarya, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GT Ranma

GT Ranma Slowest of the Slow

Yeah, it is unfortunate that the last era games are almost unplayable at times, after all those hours you spent getting to that point, you pretty much have to restart and just play the beginning eras ; ;

2. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

No, Alpollo Programm was my best city and cure of cancer my 2nd best. I think one big factor is the "doubles speed with aluminium" from the alpollo programm. But still, that would need the cancer building would take more than 60 turns which I think is too long. I can easily research one tech every 3 turns, so there need to be more balance between tech costs and bulding costs.

3. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

Why is Culture (Sioux) at Nomadic Lifestyle with the Bison requirement? I suggest moving it to Scavenging when you discover Bison resource.

4. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Its based on the theme of the tech. However it may be better to move them to Portable Shelters tech.

5. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

That will make it right after the Incans. Which I don't understand why they are very early in the tech tree. There wasn't an Incan civilization in the Prehistoric Age.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Whos prehistoric age? However i do think the Inca Culture should be after one of the writing techs.

7. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

The Incans are at currently Stone Shelters.

8. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Dang! They came that late in history?

9. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

If you want an early culture in the area of the Andes I suggest either Chavin or Mochica

10. GT Ranma

GT Ranma Slowest of the Slow

... Well, the game isn't really an exact model of humanity thou, it would be impossible. For example, the Mayans were doing brain surgery in 1400BC, the Europeans didn't get it until around 600 or 800 AD...

11. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

Weaving is a redundant requirement for the Weaver's Hut since you need Shelter Building and you need Weaving to get it. In fact I suggest moving it all the way to Sericulture since you need a Silk Farm in order to use it unless the Primitive Silk improvement also allows it. The Yak farm should also move to require only Animal Husbandry. I am not sure may it be a redundancy (And either way why would you skip Weaving on the way to Animal Husbandry which I doubt you can). For the Tailor's shop the Weaving and Tanning requirements might be dropped in favor of soly be at Aesthetics.

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Prehistory = pre writing could be said to be pre 1700 here in Australia. Although the Aborigines had a way of enhancing there oral traditions with rock paintings they did not have writing. Which reminds me, now that cave painting is restricted to only 10% of the things it used to represent we need a whole new set of buildings and wonders. Something to represent the Djulirri rock art which is so interesting because it is recent enough to throw light on the transition from oral to written traditions.

Ancient Egyptians were also doing work on the brain and subjects were living longer afterwards than you might expect given the circumstance.

I have said often and loudly since we started C2C that the building should be at the last tech it needs but was shouted down and told buildings should show at the first logical tech for them!

13. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

And I agree with you. A prime example is Shelter Building. I didn't check it all but I bet it is full of redundant requirements.:scan:

14. strategyonly

Dang i like the way you think, some else said and poof your off on something else related to it, NICE!!

15. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Originally Inca stuff was at Construction but I though that was much too late for their technological advancement so I moved it to Stone Building. Also their UU (Huaminca) comes early so the tech fit.

And as we have said technological level is not based on a historical timeline. There have been many culture that have stayed at different technological levels as well as others who have taken different tech paths. While C2C is not as flexible as real life we can have situations where you can say discover one branch of techs and not research another branch across eras.

We do have the Quechua (Camel Domestication) and Mapuche (Agriculture). But yeah South American civs are highly neglected.

You also ave to account for the fact that the tech tree has been redone numerous times. The Prehistoric era alone has has 3 major re-do's. Thus things like this get overlooked.

It was said before that we should have some new Cve related buildings such as Spelunking, Bat Guano Gatherer, etc. Not to mention all the types of Wonders you could make.

16. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

Hydro I am preparing a list of redundancies don't worry once I finish they could be done at the rate you guys want. I posted some up in this thread already if people need to confirm.

17. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

That would be helpful. Thanks. :goodjob:

18. strategyonly

1. Yeah but thats more or less like the USA, were are you going to list ALL of the ative tribes, i'd like to but darn, there are sooo many.

2. Yeah, but our Wonder person is taking an absence of leave, in January, and he says he doesn't know for sure when he will be back :dunno:

I want to do all of Platyping Promotions and a TON of his Wonder's(Which are now alot more easier for python, since DH more or less is giving me a guide on it), but look what happend when i just put 1 promotion in-game??:mischief:

19. Alex Costa

Alex Costa Warlord

What Cultures are gonna be added in the near future? I might do some research and think of some wonder's as well to be added.

20. strategyonly

Come to think of it, it has been quite awhile since i have added any, i had around 200 on my list to do, but then i got sick, then my HD died etc etc.:sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.