[MOD] Expansion Mod

Hello I have problem,game crash i just entered mediavel era. Save is attached. I install your fix and playing GOG 1.22 vers. of game. And I really like your mod :)

Attachments

• crash.SAV
    699.2 KB · Views: 123
Can't get it to work, I get an error that it misses some Palace_garden text in Napoleonic Europe (that text does indeed not appear in Napoleonic Europe). Do I need any other mods to get this to work?

Lawrencelot... Check your Labels.txt file. Add the Word Unknown between the entries PING and HOST. This provides a space and shifts the lines to correct the Steam Version.
Save a Copy of the Original if you play on Steam.

Lawrencelot... Check your Labels.txt file. Add the Word Unknown between the entries PING and HOST. This provides a space and shifts the lines to correct the Steam Version.
Save a Copy of the Original if you play on Steam.
That works, thanks a lot!

I also had to put the mod in the Conquests/Conquests folder, not Conquests/Scenarios or just Scenarios. First Civ III mod I've played, looking good so far!

That works, thanks a lot!

I also had to put the mod in the Conquests/Conquests folder, not Conquests/Scenarios or just Scenarios. First Civ III mod I've played, looking good so far!

You wouldnt need it in Conquests/Conquests. That does nothing. Conquests/Scenarios is the only place the game will read a mod properly, except of course the PTW and Vanilla sections, but those have to be those BIC/BIX versions. BIQ is for Conquests.

The person that found this "fix" for the Steam Version probably decided to make the Word "Unknown" to add to the Labels.txt for the Steam Version but I believe it could be almost any word simply to make a shift in the Labels.txt to correct what the Game "reads". So it is Not the Word that matters but the Space it causes to shift the remaining text lines in the file.

Not exact;y sure why Steam has this shift in the labels.txt for their Steam version to play the Game on Steam, however, it is a simple enough fix to correct..

*The original Game plays ALL Scenarios with a 1 pixel line of Magenta on the right side of the Civilopedia in Game due to an error in programing. This happens Only in Scenarios but there is a fix for this by "Antal1987".

*And another file you might find helpful for the Conquests .ini file to adjust the game as you want.

I believe Civ III/Conquests remains the Best version of the Civ Game and is the easiest to Modify :)

Attachments

• Civ Conquests Civilopedia Magenta Line Fix.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 216
  • Adjusting the Conquests INI File.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 127
The person that found this "fix" for the Steam Version probably decided to make the Word "Unknown" to add to the Labels.txt for the Steam Version but I believe it could be almost any word simply to make a shift in the Labels.txt to correct what the Game "reads". So it is Not the Word that matters but the Space it causes to shift the remaining text lines in the file.

Not exact;y sure why Steam has this shift in the labels.txt for their Steam version to play the Game on Steam, however, it is a simple enough fix to correct..

*The original Game plays ALL Scenarios with a 1 pixel line of Magenta on the right side of the Civilopedia in Game due to an error in programing. This happens Only in Scenarios but there is a fix for this by "Antal1987".

*And another file you might find helpful for the Conquests .ini file to adjust the game as you want.

I believe Civ III/Conquests remains the Best version of the Civ Game and is the easiest to Modify :)

It was directly put there for Steam Vuldacon. It was made to appear in the MP lobby list in replace of ping numbers (Steam version has online servers). Technically it could be anything of course as it is with any other label, but it does exist in the current Steam file list.

I think this was first thread to discuss it https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-and-keep-both-versions.545904/#post-13770047

Last edited:
work camp.png

v1.3
- added "Redcoat" Unit;
- fixed Work Camp error;
- Lateen Sail tech moved to a Medieval era with Galleas (War Tiger) and Great Galleass (Castleship) Units;
- Naval Spirit tech moved to an Ancient era with Longboat (Early Junk) Unit and Voyage of Discovery Wonder;
- other minor fixes.

Last edited:
Began to play (now I am in the middle of the second era). Graphically accurate mod, technical problems was not revealed. Some additions to RAR are logical, some - are a little disputable, but do not cause rejection.

Gratitude to the author for the big and thought-over work.

Concerning the fact that it seems to me a problem. Because protective units with a force "3" demand the copper resource, many countries strongly are late with their production. Result - a possibility of early aggressive expansion of the human, much more extensive and simple, than in original RAR.

Began to play (now I am in the middle of the second era). Graphically accurate mod, technical problems was not revealed. Some additions to RAR are logical, some - are a little disputable, but do not cause rejection.

Gratitude to the author for the big and thought-over work.

Concerning the fact that it seems to me a problem. Because protective units with a force "3" demand the copper resource, many countries strongly are late with their production. Result - a possibility of early aggressive expansion of the human, much more extensive and simple, than in original RAR.

hello.

may be you have a suggestion with copper resource and all "defence" units?

Apologies for a delay with the answer.

The idea of the copper resource for building of early defense units is pleasant to me (I thought of something similar). A problem in too big "step" between the defensive force of units, not demanding and demanding copper. The defensive force of Tribal Guardsman - 2, Spearman - 3. The difference by one and a half times, it is a lot of. Also at a significant amount of the nations in the place of start it can not turn out in availability of this resource that considerably worsens their chances of survival.

I have no exact recipe of the solution of this problem. But there are some thoughts...
The way is radical, but labor-consuming - it is possible to double force of the attack and defense of ALL units. Then Tribal Guardsman will have protection force 4, and at Spearman - 6. It will allow to enter between them one more intermediate unit (which is not demanding copper) with a defensive force of 5. Naturally, it will give the chance to add, if necessary, and other intermediate units, having increased their variety.

The second option - to make units doubles of early protective units (Spearman, Pikeman) with the requirement of a resource of iron, perhaps, with the raised building price.

Last edited:
And there are a little more remarks and thoughts.

Sharpshooter in the description has a bonus 1-point hp, really it is absent. Also at this unit the image is hard to distinguish from Line Infantry.

It seemed to me strange that Cog of the opponent was involved in fight earlier, than Great Galleas.It is logical to assume that the fighting ships have to protect transports.

Armies initially, before construction of the Pentagon, have the capacity 3, but not 2.

The fact that Pikeman for construction demand copper, but not iron is logical in terms of a gameplay, but is not historical :).

Early introduction of land transport modifies offensive operations. Early introduction of land transport modifies offensive operations. Now columns of invasion cannot be intercepted on a march not ready to fight. It depreciates camel units. How do I understand, AI is not able to use land transport? It can be interesting in multiplayer game, however simplifies a game single-user.

Last edited:
Top Bottom