Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well must say I really really like ExCE. Now we have more reason to use scouts as recon units and keep warriors near capital.
But I think you should add civilopedia text to Tribes

Yes- the only difference between your version and this, Exploration-wise, is the Great Recon units, and fixes to the bugs Jan pointed out. Trade and Colonies will be complete in due time.

Yes- the only difference between your version and this, Exploration-wise, is the Great Recon units, and fixes to the bugs Jan pointed out. Trade and Colonies will be complete in due time.

Wait, are you saying Trade is there but disabled?

Question:
What I can do with advanced Recon units? I'm a fan of scouts( extra healing&defence rules), but scouts are useless in the late game.... :p

Wait, are you saying Trade is there but disabled?

Nope; I meant functionally.

Would it be possible to simply paste the released Exploration module over the beta version we have?

Is impossible.

Question:
What I can do with advanced Recon units? I'm a fan of scouts( extra healing&defence rules), but scouts are useless in the late game.... :p

Is this... a serious question? Or are you trying to trick me...

Advanced scouts can be used to found cities, or to act as support for military conquests.

Is this... a serious question? Or are you trying to trick me...

Advanced scouts can be used to found cities, or to act as support for military conquests.

I'd said explorer and adventurer are more YnAEMP thing.

I'd said explorer and adventurer are more YnAEMP thing.

Or for Large and Huge random maps. I often find myself not exploring half of the world until I research Satellites, so Explorers + Adventurers might change that.

Also, upgraded Explorers should be great for founding colonies - they don't halt city growth like settlers, even though they have to be paid a bit to get that ability.

Also #2, airship hype.

If I recall correctly, yes. You can't build farms on deserts without fresh water. You can around Oases, since they provide fresh water around.

That's a relief. If this wasn't the case, it would destroy the Garamantian civ, which I like very much. Instead it actually buffs them. :D

Congrats! So many great ideas to enjoy!

That's a relief. If this wasn't the case, it would destroy the Garamantian civ, which I like very much. Instead it actually buffs them. :D

:)

(Though, I really think the Garamantes need a little bit of a rework... and a new leader screen... and an improvement graphic... Someday :/ )

I haven't had a chance to play with this yet (I'm at work), but can the upgrades to Explorers, Adventurers, and Airships be done on the fly, or do you still need to bring the units back to your territory as usual?

This may just be a problem on my end, but all the text for units and buildings added by the mod is in the form of 'TXT_KEY_JFD (etc)'. On further inspection, none of the new resources or improvements are showing up either in game or in civilopedia - so I assume this is a compatibility issue. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I have logs, regardless.

Yes I have the same problem, also my game crashes at the end of the first turn so now I'm trying to find the root of the problem (lots of mods active :\)

Anyways this looks amazing! Cannot wait to be able to play it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom