1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guillelmus

Guillelmus Chieftain

Like some people who complained about it in the More Luxuries thread, "when I have YnAEMP v23 enabled and both More Luxuries and Exploration Continued Expanded enabled (08/12 update, in my case) I get a blank screen and am unable to pick any civs". I deselected all other mods and the problem is indeed between these ones. The first image that a guy posted there describes exactly my problem: http://imgur.com/a/uGP7U

2. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself, but I can't remember if it was you I replied to in ynaemp thread. In any case, when loading up ynaemp, try hitting the 'reset' button at the bottom of the setup screen. That might do the trick. Next thing to do if still not working is clearing your cache. Otherwise report back (preferable in the ynaemp thread).

3. hokath

hokath King

Just wanted to say that I tried CBP with ExCE in my last game, and no impassable CTDs occured!
    Might just be a fluke, but considering how reliable that crash was... We'll see.

4. shader301202

shader301202 A Pole

What does "CTD" mean?

5. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

crash to death.

6. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

crash to desktop : the application totally crashed and you get to the windows desktop without any error pop-up telling you what happened

7. shader301202

shader301202 A Pole

8. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

Yup, to desktop, of course. Why did I write "death"? Dunno. Is that a brainfart-like thing?

9. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Freudian slip. You have now completed your transmogrification with this game. You are now eligible to join the Lychegate, however, you will have to wait in line for 1000+0.2 years.

10. hokath

hokath King

11. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

12. dilophosaur

dilophosaur Prince

Most probably cause, thanks :p.

13. lordrune

lordrune Prince

I'm running the most recent version of CBP (complete with CSD, luxuries, C4 diplomacy) - 12-18, plus the fixed DLL that Ilteroi uploaded a couple of days later.

Quite keen on adding this mod if I can get it all to work together, but I'm having a few issues. The attrition/diseases all seem to be working, but jungle impassability isn't - even after researching mathematics (where jungles should become passable again).

Also, skalds (yes, I was playing Iceland...) and caravels can't traverse oceans. I haven't reached Astronomy yet in the game.

There aren't any other complex mods that I'm using, one that adds about 40-50 religions and icons, and another one that randomises city names. And a couple of the JFD civs. That's it.

In usersettings.sql I have this:
    VALUES ('JFD_EXCE_COMMUNITY_BALANCE_PATCH', 1), -- Community Balance Patch (automatically disables Policy changes)
    and
    ('JFD_EXCE_ATTRITION_CORE_JUNGLE_IMPASSABLE', 0), -- Jungle is impassable until Optics.
    -the latter I changed to make jungles passable.

EDIT - Well, after undoing Ilteroi's fixes and going back to 12-18, oceans are passable again. Not sure about the jungles yet.

EDIT pt 2 - Ilteroi's most recent hotfix fixes this issue, and works with jungles as well - i.e. no need to change JUNGLE_IMPASSABLE from the default of 1 :) Compatibility achieved as far as I can tell.

14. hokath

hokath King

I experienced all those things Lordrune said.
    Can happily say that the CTD CBP/ExCE incompatibility seems to be resolved once and for all. Much rejoicing.

2 things,
    1) Sulphur doesn't appear on strategic view for me. Not sure about rubber.
    2) CBP buffs every luxury by adding a 2 yield upgrade at some building or another. E.g. temples buff wine, incense and amber 1gold/1culture. As a result ExCE luxuries are weaker than their non-ExCE counterparts. Would you consider including this in a future update? Same goes for bonus resources in CBP, but due to the unique nature (on lakes, in forests etc) of the ExCE bonus resources, I don't think they need this increase to yields.

bonus 3) Would you consider bringing feathers back to CBP with the camp instead of the trading post. I know I've asked before, but they're so pretty :O

christmas bonus 4) Had you considered Natural Gas as a bonus resource on sea tiles? Upgraded like oil and making some more use of that Sea Platform model? Can't remember if this has been mentioned before.

15. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Including the resolution, I hope :p

1. Will look into it.
    2. Can do.
    3. Not possible, I'm afraid. The Camp graphic is specific to the resource, and not a generic model that can be plopped on top of something else like the Trading Post.
    4. An interesting idea, but probably a bit late to be adding new resources. But will keep it in mind should the opportunity arises.

16. shader301202

shader301202 A Pole

Putin avatar :D

17. Skaz881

Skaz881 History Major

Perhaps a new model? I think there are a lot more available now with Civ 4 models being converted for Civ 5.

18. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

19. hokath

hokath King

Sad times :(
    I can draw you up a list of appropriate CBP buildings to put the buffs on, based on what's already on them and how many resources they already buff.
    Edit:
    Opium - Garden/Bath/Candi - +2 gold - Has Citrus and Cocoa
    Saffron, Ginger - Market/Bazaar - +1 gold +1 production - Has Spice and Sugar
    Vanilla, Obsidian - Herbalist/Longhouse - +food/+gold? - This building requires a forest/jungle within city borders, but since these resources spawn in jungle should be fine?

For the sake of evenly distributing would want to put ginger or saffron on the herbalist, but they aren't guaranteed to spawn with forest (iirc) so can't really do that.

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Quick update for ExCE according to Hokath's request:
    • With CBP:
    • Vanilla and Obsidian improved by the Herbalist.
    • Ginger improved by the Market.
    • Saffron improved by the Temple.
    • Opium improved by Garden/Bathhouse.

(I put Saffron at the Temple so that the Market doesn't become overcrowded, and to match the general idea of the Monastery buffing it in vanilla).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.