Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Need to convince Jan to download a F4 mod that launches Photoshop instead of the game :3

2. noncasus

noncasus Chieftain

Ah ok, gotcha

3. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

I don't mean to push JFD to do something and I know JFD have said that he had abondon ITRD for many times, but I want to say that ITRD is my favourite mod, too.

Maybe JFD can consider about making a 'smaller' version of ITRD -- delete some elements which made the game unstable.

4. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

5. Inawordyes

Inawordyes In a word: Illyria

Since you've implemented a by-continent resource adapter, would it be possible now to include at least Rice and Maize for Asia and Americas (respectively) as a replacement for Wheat? It's not a luxury but you included Bison over Cow, so there is a precedent. :)

6. SULOMON

SULOMON Mod Civs Best Civs.

In the far future when you have time a Scramble for Africa Deluxe scenario would be superb.

7. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

Hi JFD,

I'm trying ExCE (v8) with Community Balance Patch (11-20). Compatibility flag for CBP is set correctly.

CBP grants AI starting scouts based on difficulty. However, those scouts are starting out as Great Scouts (on turn 0).

The CBP sets AIStartingExploreUnits to 0, 1 or 2 (via xml) relative to difficulty. In the dll, that falls to addFreeUnitAI(), which selects the best available unit (i.e trainable). Since the trapping tech change is disabled for CBP, Great Scout is technically trainable and therefore selected.

I have no idea how to explicitly make them untrainable (or if that's even a good idea), so to test I just put Great Scout at trapping and it solves the problem.

I've also seen Great Explorers running around early. Have to play a bit to see whether that's related or something else (like in v7 of ExCE).

EDIT: On further review... looks like any event where a free unit is granted can yield a Great Scout, if it's trainable. So, starting units, mil ciity-state gifts, barbarian horde spawns, etc.

8. Ixor_Drakar

Ixor_Drakar Warlord

Ok something is wrong. Resources spawning on jungle don't show as improvable or have the right yields. It may have something to do with plantations or the switch to luxury for ginger. Here is a screenshot of spices that were in jungle, I just cut them down and cant build a plantation despite having the technology.
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

• Logs.7z
      File size:
      21.7 KB
      Views:
  9. noncasus

noncasus Chieftain

I wonder if this is related to the settlers problem as well

10. max_gradient

max_gradient Chieftain

Guys how do i disable the EXCE resources? I checked the .sql file and did not find any option for it, does it have to be somehow done during map generation? How? I just want to play with attrittion, nothing else, no tribe huts, no vanilla/rubber/etc.

Thanks all!

11. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

In the version I'm using (v8), it's lines 73 and 74 in JFD_ExCE_UserSettings.sql.

12. max_gradient

max_gradient Chieftain

Oh man how could I have missed that. Feeling so stupid right now. Anyway, thanks a lot and hats off to you sir! :lol:

13. Unixy

Unixy Chieftain

Previously I have been using this mod, as well as a couple of others and everything has worked perfectly. However, when I updated today, whenever I attempt to load back up my previous save the game crashes. Updating seems to be the only change I've made, and if I start a new game everything loads fine - no crash. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to continue this load?

I don't know if setting back this mod version is possible/if there is a way, but I assume that this may fix it.

14. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Out of interest, are you meant to be unable to improve feathers?

15. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

You should be able to improve them with a trading post after researching guilds.

16. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

oh, okay. It doesn't say that anywhere, so I kinda assumed that it was just broken
    Thanks!
    On another point, it seems a bit weird that Destroyers are affected by the wind... Would it be better to remove those wind effects after researching Combustion and Electronics?

17. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

I have a "TXT_KEY_RESOURCE_JFD_RICE" and a "enable to load rice texture", maybe you've forgotten it ?

18. Citrakayah

Citrakayah Chieftain

None of the added resources (luxury or strategic) are allowing me to build improvements on them, with the exception of feathers. Interestingly the Sami's UI, the Seidi, /will/ connect the luxuries to my trade network (as I found using the in game editor) but the improvements that should connect them (plantation, for instance) won't, even when it's added with the In-Game Editor.

Attached Files:

19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

'Twas my mistake, sorry! See below.
    Destroyers aren't affected by wind, other at least, they shouldn't be. Wind effects stop once you rearch Industrial Era. At least, that's what the code says.

Very minor update to ExCE:
    • Removed reference to choosing ancient ruin bonus in the strategy text for the Great Recon units (it occurs to me that you can't actually access this, as they don't appear in the tech tree nor pedia :lol:)
    • Added Belem Tower audio, thanks to Nichlenm. (could someone please confirm whether this is working. I dunno why, but all my wonder audio has stopped, including speech (and yes, I have the volume right :p Tech quotes work...))
    • Fixed an issue wherein Feathers could not be improved.
    • With CBP, Great Scout is unlockable at Trapping (to fix the error heinous_hat brought up, at least partially). This only affects your being able to purchase them.

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.