1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Well, Health is easily translatable into Food when CID is inactive. Loyalty doesn't have the same benefit.

By new art I mean new models and icons. But like I said, I had used the Kampung model before and I didn't care for it. A water-based Tribe would be a good idea, but I'd be very particular about what it looks like.

2. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought the you had used the potential Moriori improvement I linked to, not the kampung.

3. DarthStarkiller

DarthStarkiller King

If you're interested in a water-based tribe, I think the Uru would be a good idea.

4. Stangle Khan

Stangle Khan Warlord

Hey just a note. CBP compatibility needs to also turn off adding the CBP ruin bonuses, it causes them not to work. Disabling them in the config makes them work.

5. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

6. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

I'm having an issue where the Exploration_Units.sql file fails because of a missing column: Class error. I saw a similar error when I was coding the RER triggers, and I found that it had something to do with triggers. I might be able to provide more details in the next few days, but I'm currently typing this bug report from memory :/

Also, settlers spawning in Tribe land is really annoying, because the AI doesn't know to move the settler out of the land.

7. Grishnikov_007

Grishnikov_007 Chieftain

Just throwing ideas out there. Are antiquity sites also hardcoded? A cool implementation of shipwrecks could be as a water version of antiquity sites. It could even have its own unit to extract it?

8. hokath

hokath King

Shipwrecks were really cool for flavour. Would love to see them return.

9. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Yeah, triggers are a pain - problems don't show up unless I remember to find and enable a mod to add the thing that the trigger is, well, being triggered by *trigger warning*. Will look into though - thanks.

I think they are - I know one of CL's civs had to jump through hoops just to make their civ see Antiquity Sites from game start. A new unit would be quite a challenge, too, because it'd need the animations of the Archaeologist, not to mention new art, model, etc.

Hm, yeah. Nice to see support for them, but I'm not sure I can make them useful given the age in which they appear. Maybe I can artificially create ancient ruin effects which trigger instead of the standard - will see.

10. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

The Calusa demand shipwrecks! Those Europeans aren't going to salvage themselves.

11. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Use an animation from one of the fishing boats, if possible. When people go trawling for treasure (so to speak) they typically use ships with specialized equipment. Treat sunken ships and looted trade routes like defeated units, in terms of how they generate Antiquity Sites.

(I say this not knowing how unusable the hard code is)

12. Chrisy15

I found that SQLSpy was a big help for triggers.

13. Zares

Zares Warlord

CBP adds now some movement bonuses promotions. Trailblazer II gives double movement on Desert and Snow. Any idea how to give extra bonus to movement on Ice as well to this promotion?

14. Chrisy15

Point about ice exploration: I'm fine with units having Scurvy on ice, but the wind effects are kinda annoying. "Low winds slow your scout as he crosses some barren ice"

15. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

That sounds more like a CBP question?

What? Your Scouts don't ice skate everywhere? :p I'll add a check to make sure the unit is actually a ship.

16. Reedstilt

Reedstilt Prince

Or embarked. It makes sense pre-Steam Power Naval Units and Embarked Units would be affected by winds.

17. Buildkirbyus

Buildkirbyus Trainee Modder

I don't know if this has been brought up before-
    AI units don't know about attrition, they'll get damage and then fortify to heal- when they cannot, so the unit just slowly dies.
    I think this may be a hard-coding problem or was fixed in the latest version (i was using v12 for this bug report)
    Once i get the chance i'll obverse the AI in v13 and see if they do the same thing.

18. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

19. mslogie

mslogie Chieftain

So it says to copy and replace highlights.xml but when I go to the folder, there isn't an existing copy. do I just throw it in there anyways?

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.