Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got Barbarian spawning units that are much more advance. I am using the latest version of 'Vox Populi' though.

The CP recently did some changes to barb spawning, yeah; shouldn't be anything to do with EXCE.

Does this require Community Patch only or the whole package of Vox Populi?

Just the core Community Patch DLL. Using the full VP will still be fine, although you'll lose features like the Exploration tree rework (which is probably one of my favourite parts, ngl)

Got Barbarian spawning units that are much more advance. I am using the latest version of 'Vox Populi' though.
That is a feature of the latest Community Patch. According to Gazebo, the code is completed to how Firaxis originally intended barbarians to perform.

Its possible that Solitude is refering to the Venetian Arsenal bug, if they've mistaken the source - and are using CiD at all. This would cause Barbarians to spawn Galleass'.

Hey there, I'm new to this mod. I have a game going with this and CP/CBP loaded. I'm having trouble with attrition for units out exploring the oceans during the Atomic Era, and I can't figure out what tech I'm missing/need to get immunity. If you could please point me to a summary page of all that this mod does, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

--- Update ---
I found the summary page, and just as I had suspected, the mod has a glitch. I researched Steam Power (gives units immunity to Scurvy) several turns ago, but my ocean-going units are still suffering the occasional "-15 Attrition". You might want to look into this.

Sincerely,

Last edited:
Hey there, I'm new to this mod. I have a game going with this and CP/CBP loaded. I'm having trouble with attrition for units out exploring the oceans during the Atomic Era, and I can't figure out what tech I'm missing/need to get immunity. If you could please point me to a summary page of all that this mod does, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

--- Update ---
I found the summary page, and just as I had suspected, the mod has a glitch. I researched Steam Power (gives units immunity to Scurvy) several turns ago, but my ocean-going units are still suffering the occasional "-15 Attrition". You might want to look into this.

Sincerely,

Lua Log (http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-to-enable-logging.487482/) will be required to help debug the problem; post it either on pastebin or as a zip file.

If I'm not mistaken the latest version on Steam is v18, whereas a few pages back you posted a link to a v19 version that would solve a certain bug then found. Is it possible to make v19 available via Steam (which would be easier for auto install etc.) or are there other future plans to post a 'final' (v20?) version of this mod on Steam, since I read in your civ-thread you're looking to wrap-up all civ-5 modding in the coming months...? Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken the latest version on Steam is v18, whereas a few pages back you posted a link to a v19 version that would solve a certain bug then found. Is it possible to make v19 available via Steam (which would be easier for auto install etc.) or are there other future plans to post a 'final' (v20?) version of this mod on Steam, since I read in your civ-thread you're looking to wrap-up all civ-5 modding in the coming months...? Thanks!

It's easier to install mods manually, really. The MODS folder can be found in your Documents folder; simply navigate through My Games --> Civ 5 --> MODS and replace the v18 file with the v19.

I have some proposals.

1. Please correct what Ginger is. Is it luxury? Or bonus? Or very rare case?
2. CBO makes all resources (incl bonus) increase their yields from building. Could you add building-additional-yield for Cedar, Lotus, and Oak?
3. When vassalage (CBO feature) gives me units, they give me lots of Great Scouts. It always discourage me to use Great recon unit and tribe features. Could you fix it? At least add alternative ways to interact with tribes, please.

Thanks for making super good quality mods :)

Edit 1. Oh, I didn't notice that factory gives bonus yields to Rubber and Sulphur. Could you add modsupport text for CBO factory (and Steam Mill, England's unique factory)?

Last edited:
With CBP and ExCE loaded, I've seen the upgrade path for the Scout as follows: Scout --> Explorer --> Adventurer. Any consideration for allowing Adventurers to upgrade to Paratroopers and Special Forces? (These latter units have the same Promotions available as the earlier Scout units have.)

While on the subject, what do you think about reducing the XP bonus chance for exploration from 25% to 20%? I've made that modification for my games, and it does feel better balanced. I may go further to 15%; any lower, though, may discourage exploration.

Last edited:
You can already do so via the usersettings file...I'd say that editing the base percentage is pretty pointless. cause anyone can fit it to how they want it to be.

@JFD:
I like the idea of shipwrecks, but they are disabled. Why?
Could you explain the problem? I would be interested in trying to make them work, but if even you were not able to make them work, it might be too hard? Or is it possible but you disabled them because of another reason?

Not sure if this is an intended thing, but while I was trying to make a bunch of other stuff work, I happened upon this error in the lua log:

Code:
[1157.109] JFD_ExCE_Exploration_Functions: -----------------------
[1157.109] JFD_ExCE_Exploration_Functions: Resource type (RESOURCE_JFD_FEATHERS) was not found! check resource type in xml file.. script aborted
[1157.109] JFD_ExCE_Exploration_Functions: Resource Generator V2.0

So I digged around a bit and there's no mention of feathers in Resource_JFD_RarityMods, game's Resource table or any such table I was able to think of. I think it's intentional but thought I'd mention it just in case it isn't.

Just passing by, don't mind me.

Not sure if this is an intended thing, but while I was trying to make a bunch of other stuff work, I happened upon this error in the lua log:

Code:
[1157.109] JFD_ExCE_Exploration_Functions: Resource type (RESOURCE_JFD_FEATHERS) was not found! check resource type in xml file.. script aborted
[1157.109] JFD_ExCE_Exploration_Functions: Resource Generator V2.0

So I digged around a bit and there's no mention of feathers in Resource_JFD_RarityMods, game's Resource table or any such table I was able to think of. I think it's intentional but thought I'd mention it just in case it isn't.

Just passing by, don't mind me.
Do you use CBO? CBO disables feather resource because it is improved by constructing trading post which CBO doesn't have.

@JFD:
I like the idea of shipwrecks, but they are disabled. Why?
Could you explain the problem? I would be interested in trying to make them work, but if even you were not able to make them work, it might be too hard? Or is it possible but you disabled them because of another reason?

Ah... I don't remember, tbh. There was something about their execution that people didn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom