Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't like the fact that their bonuses were boring, and that I just ended up picking loads up accidently by just sailing my csravel out of a bay :/

Does it mean that I can activate it with my preference or not?

Sounds like a cool feat though; could be something with a workboat/archeologist spending few turns to gain great work of art or landmark or a combination with gold bonus. Only from certain ships that were defeated until Enlightenment or Industrial era (higher chance farther from capital)? Higher gold bonus for XP that ship had?

Ah... I don't remember, tbh. There was something about their execution that people didn't like.
I tested them by outcommenting the lines in usersettings.
Then I placed them via ingame editor, but they had no graphics.Although I had astronomy researched.

So I may be doing something wrong here, but I can't seem to annex tribes if they're within my borders. I'm using the 11/28 version of VP, with Cultural Diversity, Events and Decisions (CBP version) with events off, JFD's event compendium, and a few QOL mods like Civ-linked Great Generals. They're currently at full health, and they're great scouts made through getting a scout to level 5. Also, if I enable Great Scouts\Explorers\Adventurers to upgrade into airships, will it work with VP's airships? I noticed that adventurers are kind of stuck in a weird since they can't seem to upgrade to Zeppelins, and Zeppelins seems to be the better option once they're available.

Attachments

• DataLuaXML.zip
    9 KB · Views: 68
Regarding Tribe Consulates, is there a possibility to write a leader trait which allows double bonuses from Tribes without needing to paste all the duplicate building data in the Civilization Mod? Just wanting to make sure, otherwise I'll just write a trait for a custom civ which doubles the construction speed of Consulates.

Have a few (bug) reports and thoughts on ExCE following a game with the Moors (using all up-to-date JFD gameplay mods, EE, HR, E&D and CP 14-dec version):

- Naval units can get desert immunity. Doesn't make much sense for naval units to pick up immunities not related to ocean.
- Units in cities aren't getting diseased anymore. Would be nice to get that feature back.
- When a tribe is inside your territory, any city can build a consulate (even if on other side of globe). Would it be more realistic to allow this for just the city/cities that have the tribe in cultural territory?
- Noticed some strange behaviour when trying to found city with Great Scout - couldn't quite distill rootcause. In certain spots that would be perfectly eligible for a city, the button to found city was not showing, whereas for instance in a similar spot next to it, it would show again. At first I thought this may be because of a hidden strategic resource (??) but seemingly it also happens on every forest tile (??)

Also 2 suggestions that might give ExCE more body (although already love it don't get me wrong) since mod is content-wise smaller than CiD or RtP:
- In earlier posts, the concept of shipwrecks was mentioned. I could imagine this to work in similar fashion as archaeologist on a antiquity site - with output e.g. great work of art, gold, landmark (?). Think you mentioned already having some coding in but de-activated. Would such a thing with archaeologist work and would you be interested in re-activating that?
- There is another mod "Wondrous Nature" (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/wondrous-nature.573645/). Had high hopes for it - to bring more variety to Natural Wonders - but it seems the creator has abandoned it since already few months no action/log-in. There was already some code added to the CP to ensure compatibility in September, but then the WN-mod never got updated to match that. Also, the creator shared all coding in the thread to encourage others to leverage it. The concept of more/other Natural Wonders would fit so well with the theme of Exploration, so was wondering if you've ever considered integrating it into the ExCE? Currently there are 3 additional Natural Wonders in it.

- Naval units can get desert immunity. Doesn't make much sense for naval units to pick up immunities not related to ocean.

Eh. However it is the promotions are given, I doubt it's consequential to not have Naval units pick up the land-only ones.

- Units in cities aren't getting diseased anymore. Would be nice to get that feature back.

Diseased units were just annoying tbh - the combat penalty generally just made barbs weaker, and the chipping health didn't have a meaningful impact aside from having you cycle units through healthy cities and reminding yourself to move units out of diseased cities when the alert hits.

Diseased units were just annoying tbh - the combat penalty generally just made barbs weaker, and the chipping health didn't have a meaningful impact aside from having you cycle units through healthy cities and reminding yourself to move units out of diseased cities when the alert hits.

Hmmm, yeah that's fair actually... see your point

Recently, I felt that there are too many Great Recon units in the game and it is weird to me that GP can fight. I have a suggestion-just my opinion-. How about combine all those Great Recons? In my idea, GR has no combat strength and is born through Great Recon Point like other GP rather than turning recon unit into it. Units with Reconnaissance promotion can generate GRP by revealing the map. Unit icon and model would be changed by era like Great Scout (Ancient~Medieval) -> Great Explorer (Renaissance) -> Great Adventurer (Industrial) -> Great Airship (Modern~).

I have these mods:
Community Patch (all)
Cities in Development
Rise to Power
Cultural Diversity
Exploration Continued Expanded
YAEMP v24

Has someone figured out a way to play with Community Patch's More Luxuries mod?

I have these mods:
Community Patch (all)
Cities in Development
Rise to Power
Cultural Diversity
Exploration Continued Expanded
YAEMP v24

Has someone figured out a way to play with Community Patch's More Luxuries mod?

Afaik ExCE and More Luxes are perfectly compatible; mind explaining what your issue is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom