Extraction Outpost TI

jarcast2

Janitor Raccoon
Extraction Outpost

DOWNLOAD

This is a little mod for the late game when you are in need of Strategic Resources but it's too inconvenient to settle new Cities just for that.

Features:
  • Late Recon Units (Paratrooper, Special Forces, XCOM Squad) may be expended to create an Extraction Outpost improvement on any Strategic Resource in neutral lands to connect them (it also claims the tile).
  • Extraction Outpost unlocks at Flight together with Paratrooper.

Credits: DJSHenninger for the TI model.

Last edited:
Nice idea. However is it possible to sieze control of this resource tile from another player?

Last edited:
The AI is using this improvement as well, however not to its advantage:

outpost.jpg

And my game is currently in the Renaissance Era, still a long way to discover Flight.

Or is it a Unique City States for VP problem ?

Nice idea. However is it possible to sieze control of this resource tile from another player?
No. The outpost claims only neutral tiles and once it is claimed, only a Citadel can steal it. It's first come first serve.

The AI is using this improvement as well, however not to its advantage:

View attachment 666208

And my game is currently in the Renaissance Era, still a long way to discover Flight.

Or is it a Unique City States for VP problem ?
Loading the latest version of UCS doesn't change any related database entry.
So some dumbfounding shenanigans are happening here. :huh:
And that seems not the only problem.
IIRC on top of the picture there is a Mound improvement (uses the Motte-bailey graphics) that is only buildable by allying Cahokia, I doubt a city state could do that.

IIRC on top of the picture there is a Mound improvement (uses the Motte-bailey graphics) that is only buildable by allying Cahokia, I doubt a city state could do that.

No, this is just an ordinary Motte-and-Bailey Fort. I am playing with the Iconian's Fortifications changes (v 2) Mod.

Can you load the game you are playing that gives the issue (until the DoM screen is fine) then go to "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache" folder and send me the "Civ5DebugDatabase.db" file?
I would like to inspect it.

Smol improvement graphics update.
Download in first post.

Spoiler Pic :
Screenshot_1.png

Top Bottom