ExtraModMod continued

lfgr

Emperor
Download setup
Download archive (Recommended for GOG installations)

Code repository
Older versions | Even older versions (by Terkhen)

Old ExtraModMod Thread

See the download pages for installation instructions. If you have an earlier version of More Naval AI or ExtraModMod installed in the "Mods/Fall from Heaven 2" folder, I recommend removing it and re-installing Fall from Heaven 0.41 with patch "o".

Information and Goals
This is a continuation of Terkhen's ExtraModMod. For more information on ExtraModMod, see its thread.
I will incorporate all fixes I made in MNAI-U, my MNAI fork. I will further try to fix any remaining bugs specific to ExtraModMod, and maybe add smaller features from time to time.

Please report in this thread any bugs you find and didn't report in the Extramodmod Thread yet. For more information on testing, see Terkhen's excellent Testing Guide for Extramodmod. To produce assertions, you'll have to replace your CvGameCoreDLL.dll with CvGameCoreDLL_assert.dll, which is also included in the download (backup the former and rename the latter file). Moreover, please consider setting
Code:
AutoSaveInterval = 1
in your CivilizationIV.ini file (see Terkhen's Guide on how to find it). This makes an autosave every turn. The impact on turn times should be negligible, and you will be able to provide saves directly before bugs happen, making it much easier for me to fix them.

Acknowledgements
  • Thanks to Terkhen for making this great mod in the first place.
  • Thanks to everybody mentioned in the MNAI-U thread.

Last edited:
CHANGELOG

Changelog of emm-0.6.0-beta4u and later versions is included in the download and can be viewed on notabug.org.
For older changelogs, see the old ExtraModMod thread.

Spoiler v0.6.0-beta3u :
Based on More Naval AI 2.8.0u. Not compatible with older savegames!

Changes specific to ExtraModMod

Bugfixes:
  • Kuriotate city counter now only counts non-settlements
  • Kuriotates are now able to build Queen of the line
  • Fixed faulty Flavour start gameoption
  • AI can now use great generals to lead units again.
  • Stopped Inspired Mission event from triggering when no event option is available. Additionally, made the options a bit more likely by allowing spreading religion to cities with more than one religion already present.
  • Some typos in text entries
  • "Buggy Event" message updated to point at this thread (report by Lamabreeder)

UI/Graphics:
  • Boar and Hyena now come in packs (graphically)

Code:
  • Release builds now use whole program optimization (devolution)
  • Some some unused text entries
  • Moved Aeron's Chosen promotion requirement to XML
  • Fixed some event callbacks
  • UniversalPrereqs can now used for events; help strings only work partially, work in progress.
  • Fixed a typo caused misleading assertion errors.

Changes from MNAI-U

Bugfixes:
  • Fixed some recurring events not having effects when triggering again. This includes the reported Mushroom and Volcano events.
  • Newly joined civs (such as Infernals) no longer get effects by already triggered global events.
  • The "Declare War" trade deal that makes your trade partner X declare war on Y, is no longer available if X is already at war with Y.
  • The Hidden Attitude mod from BUG works now, can be enabled and disabled in the BUG options (Ctrl-Alt-O).
  • The Pre-Chop mod from BUG (workers pause 1 turn before chopping done a forest) works now, can be enabled/disabled in the BUG options, too.
  • Various parts of the code are no longer confused by FfHs pseudo-eras that change the Improvement art based on religion.
  • Barbarians no longer attack simultaneously. This also fixes a problem where some barbarian units don't move at all because they try to attack while there is already fighting on their plot. (reported by Devils_Advocate, omegaflames)
  • Fixed typo inherited from bts that screwed up help messages for units with <FeatureImpassable> (applies to MagisterModMod)
  • Fixed spanish Stasis text
  • Worldbuilder loading/saving works again
  • Signs use proper encoding in wordbuilder saves (fixes python exception when playing in spanish)
  • "Gift of Kylorin" Scenario doesn't show popups when enemy units try to open chests anymore
  • Fixed item duplication bug occuring near Acheron's city
  • canCast() now considers PromotionImmunes of targets
  • Captured units now retain their original name
  • Pre-Chop now only acts if the feature is not maintained by civilization, e.g. forests for elves (report by MagisterCultuum)
  • Transport units unload their cargo when they sacrifice themself for a trade mission, a golden age, research, a great work or hurrying production
  • Misc. text fixes

AI:
  • Choke/canal points are no longer overvalued as city founding sites; added defines for manual adjustment (report by Lamabreeder)
  • Barbarians no longer build forts

Features, UI:
  • Added two missing [ICON_BULLET] in french texts (omegaflames).
  • RevCDM no longer has a second, unnecessary "Hidden Attitude" option.
  • Removed "Events with images" BUG option.
  • Removed duplicate spaces and invalid characters (that showed as spaces in-game) in text files, additional text fixes (MagisterCultuum)
  • Removed an old BtS hint about fighter jets.
  • New BUG option to hide ownership of water tiles in the minimap
  • Minor tweaks to Revolution code and RevolutionWatchAdvisor
  • Derandomized and tweaked revolution crime effects
  • World Builder now allows changing IgnoreHide and Blockading status (MagisterCultuum)

Code:
  • Removed duplicate text keys, fixed some technical problems in text files (omegaflames, lfgr)
  • ForceCivic and NoBonus resolutions now apply to all players part of the respective council instead of being tied to the Overcouncil. This has no effect in Extramodmod.
  • Removed all default values in CIV4UnitInfos.xml
  • Release DLL is now compiled with whole program optimization (devolution)
  • Current infotype and tag is now displayed in XML-related asserts
  • Replaced "PromotionImmune1/2/3" tags by an XML list "PromotionImmunes" (old tags are still functional for compatability)
  • Added CvUnit::isPromotionImmune(PromotionTypes) and exposed it to python
  • Default iAdvancedStartCost for units is now 100 (as suggested by MagisterCultuum)
  • CIV4UnitInfos.xml now uses spaces instead of tabs (as suggested by MagisterCultuum)
  • pyAssert now actually throws AssertionError when condition is false
  • CvUnit::isBlockading() is now exposed
  • Added custom profiler for more reliable profiling (requires recompilation of DLL)
  • Removed unused event callbacks in CvRandomEventInterface.py (as suggested by MagisterCultuum)
  • Removed some non-existing python function calls, fixed a scenario callback in CIV4EventInfos.xml
  • Misc. documentation and cleanup

Other changes
  • The World Builder now allows triggering votes (MagisterCultuum)
Spoiler v0.6.0-beta2u :
Based on More Naval AI 2.7.2u

Changes specific to ExtraModMod

Event changes:
  • "Affluent Duke" now requires Aristocracy civic
  • Removed "Centaur Pants", "Goblin Waste", "Massive Suicide" and the two "Werewolf Morality" events.
  • Reworked "Necro Cannibalism"

Changes from MNAI 2.7.2u

AI:
  • Minor adjustment to how the AI values techs for their favorite UnitCombats (Tholal)
  • AI somehow thought Adepts in cities with a river could cast spring. This also lead to AI loops, possibly slowing down turns.
  • Terraformers don't try (and fail) to move to unreachable city. Again lead to AI loops.
  • Presumed embassy value no longer includes presumed open borders value - AI doesn't basically consider embassies and open borders the same anymore.
  • AI is now less paranoid about players winning religious victories, and will trade open borders more willingly.
  • The two above changes should fix at least one instance of the deal-autocancelling behavior.

Non-AI Bugfixes:
  • Unhealthiness in city and global unhealthiness was swapped in Event description
  • Religious Influence overlay no longer shows Council of Esus cities to civilizations that don't follow the religion. (Terkhen)
  • When Hyborem or Basium are resurrected, the civilization will get its leader traits back. (Terkhen)
  • Mimics can no longer gain promotions from naval or mech units (Tholal)
  • fix for potential crash if you select a worker when you have no cities (fallout from change to prevent chopping production from being sent to settlements)
  • Snowgenesis no longer removes hell terrain twice (lfgr, found by omegaflames)
  • Negative Spell iResistModify no longer causes division by zero CTD (lfgr, reported by FireBlaze, applies to MagisterModMod)
  • Removed some duplicate Art and Audio entries. Fixes Great Lighthouse video, and makes Balseraph catapults moo again.
  • Empty boolean, int or float elements now revert to default value and show a moderately useful assertion error.
  • Griffon Illusions are no longer displayed as red blobs (reported by Spaceman98)
  • Dragon slaying no longer shows up in sevopedia promotion tree (reported by Antuano le Reddit on bitbucket)
  • Sailor's Dirge cannot spawn on ice anymore (reported by omegaflames, spaceman98)
  • Player score now counts land correctly, there were minor problems when specific plots had their PlotType changed.
  • Other minor fixes (Tholal, Terkhen)

Gameplay Changes:
  • Scorpion Clan goblins are now upgraded to Scorpion Clan wolf riders. (Terkhen)
  • The fact that the organized trait allows building command posts without great generals is now shown (thanks Bickendan, Devils_Advocate)

Code:
  • Erebus Mapscript no longer causes assertion errors
  • Exposed CvGame::castVote(), CvGame::addVoteTriggered(). For details see CyGame.h and CyGameInterface.cpp in the code repository.
  • Fixed a few XML/Schema problems
  • Added UniversalPrereqs, a powerful system to define Event requirements (and possibly requirements for other mechanics).
  • Other minor code fixes, documentation and cleanup with no direct gemeplay impact

Last edited:
Awesome! subbing

This is from before the patch, but I figure I'll post it here. I saw this "terrain feature" in the far north of the map. With a name like that, it must be a truly eldritch location!

Attachments

• UnpronouncableFeature.png
    UnpronouncableFeature.png
    858.9 KB · Views: 558
Just finished my Illians game, so I'll probably actualy download the patch soon and try it out. Two interesting things I've noticed towards the end of the game. I'm not sure if they're bugs or intentional, but I'm curious what people think:

1: Frostling slaves get +1 cold combat. I tried upgrading one to a Berserker and it still had 16 strength (12+4 strength from mithril weapons). Was it supposed to have 17?
2: Victory buildings cannot be hurried by spending money, but you can buy slaves, and slaves can hurry production. Its inefficient, but if your rich and its the end of the game so you can set science to 0, you can get enough money to finish the tower of mastery in ~5 turns with slaves.

Frostling slaves get +1 cold combat. I tried upgrading one to a Berserker and it still had 16 strength (12+4 strength from mithril weapons). Was it supposed to have 17?
Berserkers have base strength 11, so that seems correct.

Victory buildings cannot be hurried by spending money, but you can buy slaves, and slaves can hurry production. Its inefficient, but if your rich and its the end of the game so you can set science to 0, you can get enough money to finish the tower of mastery in ~5 turns with slaves.
Thanks for the report, I think that shouldn't be possible - this means they can also be hurried by great engineers, right? I'll look into it at some point.

Thanks for the report, I think that shouldn't be possible - this means they can also be hurried by great engineers, right? I'll look into it at some point.
Most of the times I've rushed those end-game buildings using 3-4 Great engineers, or a crowd of Soldiers of Kilmorph. and it worked.
at least it use to work. and it was planned as such in Vanilla FFH.

However, I know that Magistermodmod (so maybe MnAI ?) changed those from "building" to "project" or "ritual" or something... and GE / SoK don't work anymore;

re Berserker: I see what you mean. oops

I do have another bug, but this one is rather minor. We all know the Balseraphs are crazy, but this city's particular crazy seems to be an eating disorder: they think they're starving when they're not. It only shows up on the popup, not in the city viewer screen, so I think its a text thing rather than something that's affecting the game. I've attached the save if its of any help. This isn't very important though, so I totally get if you don't do anything with it.

Attachments

• BlaserphasEatingDisorder.png
    BlaserphasEatingDisorder.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 432
  • Starvation.png
    Starvation.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 317
  • BlaserphasEatingDisorder.CivBeyondSwordSave
    219.2 KB · Views: 219
Yeah. No worries if it's not something you want to prioritize. it didn't really affect my game

New release: v0.6.0-beta3u. Not compatible with older savegames!
Thanks to all bug reporters and to omegaflames and MagisterCultuum for code contributions (via MNAI-U).

Download
Please extract into "Mods/Fall from Heaven 2" (not into the Assets folder!)

This release incorporates the MNAI-U releases 2.8-beta1u, 2.8-beta2u and 2.8.0u, along with a few ExtraModMod-specific bugfixes. The release DLL is compiled with whole program optimization, which should improve turn times (thanks to devolution for pointing this out).

I will not have much time in the next 1-2 months, but don't hesitate to report any bugs.

Last edited:

previous extramod from installing/overwriting is clean, this bug is from the current version

Last edited:
:nuke:

My bad, I forgot to include the updated DLL in the download. The download link above has been fixed. If you already downloaded "extramodmod_v0.6.0-beta3u.zip", you can alternatively extract the attached archive into the Assets folder. Thanks for the report!

Attachments

• extramodmod_v0.6.0-beta3u-CvGameCoreDLL.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 198
Got this message. The only option of the event was greyed out but the buggy event error handler let me "ok" out

Attachments

• EventisBuggy.png
    EventisBuggy.png
    808 KB · Views: 272
  • Keyleen-TURN-0064.civbeyondswordsave
    114.6 KB · Views: 223
I've got a weird error where I can't leave Tribalism now. I switched religions out of ROK, and now I'm stuck in tribalism, can't even go back to Arete...

Attachments

• Einion Logos TURN-0370.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 278
The religion civic's stability bonus doesn't seem to be working. As seen in the screenshots I am running religion, I follow octopus overlords, I have the overlords holy city and I am getting no stability bonus from the religion or the civic. I am also not losing any stability from RoK being in my city. What's going on?

Attachments

• Keyleen-TURN-0324.civbeyondswordsave
    331.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 69480290_386694725365393_1170945253260132352_n.png
    69480290_386694725365393_1170945253260132352_n.png
    651 KB · Views: 281
  • 69296809_357341991821585_3286397782490873856_n.png
    69296809_357341991821585_3286397782490873856_n.png
    577.6 KB · Views: 296
  • 69274544_696800987474421_7368503948090540032_n.png
    69274544_696800987474421_7368503948090540032_n.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 297
I've got a weird error where I can't leave Tribalism now. I switched religions out of ROK, and now I'm stuck in tribalism, can't even go back to Arete...
Unless ExtraModMod changes this, the Arete civic requires Runes of Kilmorph as your state religion.

Some of the info for the civic is rather misleading, however. Not only does the Civilopedia entry state that Arete gives +20% Great Person Birth Rate in Cities with State Religion, but mousing over it on the Civics screen show that it gives +20% Great Person Birth Rate in Cities with your particular state religion. E.g. if your state religion is Octopus Overlords, it it shows that Arete gives +20% Great Person Birth Rate in Cities with Octopus Overlords. Even though it also says "Reqs Runes of Kilmorph".

So, for that to be correct, it must be possible to run Arete without Runes of Kilmorph as your state religion, and RoK therefore must only be required to adopt Arete in the first place. So switching religions shouldn't take you out of it.

But it is not correct. The game lies. Naughty game!

Top Bottom