ExtremeMod

Thanks, I'll set a game or two up the way you suggest and give it a try this weekend. I'll report back how it goes.....

OK I tried the set up as ypu suggested for 2 games and couldn't get past 450BC before graphics fell apart. With the first game I got a black screen and had to reboot (what causes that) and in the second game the words went all 'coloured blocky' and became unreadable. Just to check I ran vanilla BTS 3.19 and got the black screen so there must be some problem with my set up and/or graphics. Any suggestions on what might be going on?

I have returned to ExtremeMod after a bit of rest and I am busy at fixing bugs, filling in empty civilopedia entries, and of course adding ton of new content. I hope to have another version ready in the next month; although my initial ideas was just a xml update, I have already added new art and will thus have to upload the entire game again for Extreme3.1.

OK I tried the set up as ypu suggested for 2 games and couldn't get past 450BC before graphics fell apart. With the first game I got a black screen and had to reboot (what causes that) and in the second game the words went all 'coloured blocky' and became unreadable. Just to check I ran vanilla BTS 3.19 and got the black screen so there must be some problem with my set up and/or graphics. Any suggestions on what might be going on?

I would suggest looking for new video drivers or try running the game in some form of compatibility mode.

Have you tried running some of the other large Mods for Civilization IV to see if they have the same problems?

I have very little experience with Windows 7/Vista in gaming, so perhaps others could offer more suggestions.

For those interested in a different perspective of a Thomas War-Extreme amalgamation, I have created a new mod called Extreme2 -- Not to be confused with ExtremeMod Version 2.

All leaders are animated

All new Tech Tree

All new Units

More refined Gameplay

No Magic or other fanciful inclusions

I am now turning my focus on ExtremeMod and also another Mod I have been working called Age of Discovery.

Module Update of 04-25-11

Started working on this mod with the idea of unifying the magic, the steampunk, and the real world technologies and units.

Finalizing Extreme2 (a completely different mod) for its next version but as my playtesters work through the bugs, I will start playing around with new ideas for this game.

Very excited about getting back into this game!

Put Extreme2 to bed last night and started working on a new ExtremeMod Final version.

Ran into a bit of a snafu when I unpacked all of my art files and now I see a lot of broken links -- I assume that folders were not copied over correctly.

So first I need to get the art assets in order, then I will start vamping the units and building. Have some interesting ideas for the magic and steampunk technology lines.

Will provide a daily update as I did with Extreme2 as the production moves forward.

Hey Guys,

I am still working on this mod, along with Extreme2 and Age of Discovery, and hope to release something soon for this Mod.

For those interested and use Twitter, i am often tweeting about the game as ShalimarTroy.

Always can use suggestions and new ideas.

I just encountered the "waiting for other civs" bug in this mod. That's when you wait forever for the computer's turn to end. That's the first time that's ever happened to me in a mod. Is there a solution for it?

I just encountered the "waiting for other civs" bug in this mod. That's when you wait forever for the computer's turn to end. That's the first time that's ever happened to me in a mod. Is there a solution for it?

Do you have an earlier save?

When did this occur? I am working on some really odd bugs and it is driving me nuts because of the haphazard way they appear or do not appear.

I have had it where you go back on an earlier save (even an auto save) and it doesn't repeat itself. Then I have had it where the game is just borked and no matter what you do, it keeps going into the endless waiting for civs.

I wish I could be more help. Anything you could provide me with, as in size, number of ai (both at start and at the time of the bug), what era? That sort of thing may help solve it.

Troy

Maybe the ai is getting stuck in a loop somehow because of all the additional stuff in the mod? I've seen this happening in RiFE too, so thats why I'm asking...

Maybe the ai is getting stuck in a loop somehow because of all the additional stuff in the mod? I've seen this happening in RiFE too, so thats why I'm asking...

Very possible!

So much going on in the mod, with many variables being tapped that it wouldn't surprise me that an AI is hitting a loop somewhere.

I have a save from just before it happens. I tried twice to get passed it with no luck.

Attachments

• Blue Senshi AD-0620.CivBeyondSwordSave
    684.1 KB · Views: 88
I have a save from just before it happens. I tried twice to get passed it with no luck.

Have you gone into world builder and see what is going on? Alternatively, have you turned on enable Python exceptions/logging in the CivilizationIV.ini This may help you isolate the issue.

Sadly, the version of ExtremeMod I have on my machine is a much later one. I am getting near pushing out a new version so I don't want to load up an older version to check out the issue.

I did discover some problems in the game including a date bug that I will hopefully fix.

Have you gone into world builder and see what is going on? Alternatively, have you turned on enable Python exceptions/logging in the CivilizationIV.ini This may help you isolate the issue.

Sadly, the version of ExtremeMod I have on my machine is a much later one. I am getting near pushing out a new version so I don't want to load up an older version to check out the issue.

I did discover some problems in the game including a date bug that I will hopefully fix.

You could install a copy of civ on a flash drive and then play that instance on your computer to test older versions. Just saying...:mischief:

Top Bottom