Fëanor's 200x150 Middle East Map (Clear) (PTW only)

Fëanor

Chieftain
this is the map i made for my gulf war scenario its a cleared map (no Resources , cities roads and that stuff)

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Nice, to much hills in Iran though.

well this elevation map of iran shows that the whole central iran is between 2000 and 5000 feets (610 to 1525) and the only clear plateaus i could see on my maps were the 2 salt desers , feel free to suggest were to add more :)

yes if you want a perfectly accurate map it should all be hills, but perhaps gameplay is more important then accuracy?

I think you are wrong, hills do not represent any specific hight, it represents places where the terrain got alot hills. Its a plateau like you say yourself, plateaus dont have to have many hills.

Just put grasslands for a lot of Persia with mountain ranges, this makes it possible to play there, and the mountains give limitations, like the real Iran.

im gonna DL this, and give it a try, ive been looking for a good middle eastern map, (wish it had resources...);D, but lets it ll work...lol

if any one knows where i can find more middle eastern maps, please post them to me...

i could give you a map with resources on in , the only problem is that it has allso roads and railroads to match modern middle east

So what do you do without resources? Sorry I'm new. Don't hit me with an oversized trout plz.

MAJOR ERROR: GUY! If I recall, this is a map of the Sinai Peninsula, with the Nile River, Suez Canal etc. But how come did you start talking about Iran? Iran is not in this map at all, the west if Egypt, the central is Sinai, and the east is Saudi Arabia! But however, even with the misunderstanding, you've still got the elevation right in northwestern SAUDI ARABIA, which is identical to the western part of Iran.

and the western part of Iran isn´t Saudi Arabia.

BTW animatet avatars are illegal on this site:nono:

Edit: I have already sent him a warning PM on that. ;) --Padma

feanor can i build off this for my middle east scenerio? i'm looking at different ME maps, i'm not sure of any particular one yet.

Originally posted by Yoda Power
animated avatars are illegal on this site:nono:

Edit: I have already sent him a warning PM on that. ;) --Padma

:o.... FIXED!!! :D

Originally posted by mrgenius
feanor can i build off this for my middle east scenerio? i'm looking at different ME maps, i'm not sure of any particular one yet.

sure , what kind of scenario are you gonna make if i may ask?

probably between the creation of israel to the six day war, or i might start it from the the six day war onwards.... i'm gonna try to put lots of effort into this one... don't worry, i'll give you credit if i use your map

Top Bottom