F^4 Do you get to have any Real Life? At all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yndy

Emperor
I for one confess that the 30-40 hours a month that I use to play the game are the largest part of my free time/entertainment time. For the rest I get to see my family, meet my closest friends and maybe, just maybe get out somewhere once a month. Before GOTM, I used to see more of my friends, used to play pool, or bowl, used to play other computer games (I bought four other games in the last year and got to play two of them, just a little).

Yes, before Civ3 I had a real life.

I played SMAC and flew klingon battlecruisers online at Gamespy.

Where has the fun gone?

RL is so packed you might as well ask whether I get to play civ. The answer (of course) is not enough :)

Real life?

No. My friends that I used to hang out with all the time have to come over to my house every once in awhile and 'kidnap' me and take me out every once in awhile to get back to the real world.

And my cats have to walk across my keyboard to remind me to feed them.

I seem to be doing just fine at combining my real life and civ3. I only play the GOTM and I usually have HoF attempt running, but I don't play every free moment... Methinks my girlfriend would be somewhat disappointed in me if I did... :blush:

I don't play CIV at the weekends at all. Because I have very young children doing much during the week after work is difficult, though we do get our parents to babysit two or three times a month.

So for me CIV really just replaces television. When most people are watching TV, I'm playing CIV.

Originally posted by mad-bax
So for me CIV really just replaces television. When most people are watching TV, I'm playing CIV.
Ditto!

Ted

Fortunately my wife is an Ebay trader and spends a lot of time on her machine. This allows me to play Civ and do the odd bit of work around OT.

My work tends to be very heavy at certain times ot the year - and less at others. Right now I'm i one of the light periods :)

:hmm: Real life for me lately has been very hectic. Moving countries, changing jobs, buying new house and all the extra things like that.

My partner isn't working at the moment (looking for a job), so she gets a bit bored at home all day be herself. Hence, I try and spend time with her when not at work.

Lately, I've managed to sneak of onto the PC for short periods. Mostly writing programs, but last night I managed to play my first Civ for 6 months - started a game as the persians and beat up my neighbours for a while. Hope to even resume GOTMing next month. :)

Family Life and GOTM in parallel is already a challenge. But I also manage a limited social life :D

Yep! And during some of it I don't play Civ3 ;)

Me three! Rare is the moment I watch television. This gives me about 14 hours a week of gaming time.

Yep - I play games while the misses watches those compelling docu-drama shows.

If I were producing one of those: OK, this guy is a looser, he screws up, he gets what he deserves - end of story.

How it gets made: Poor guy is a victum - feel sorry for him. Did we mention he brought it on himself? Oh, we almost forgot - he left a trail of destruction on the way down. Gosh, maybe you shouldn't feel sorry for him at all.

Sort of: Get the occassional date night with the missus. Plenty of Family Picnics now that summer is rolling along and hopefully some yard work if the weather ever improves.

BTW: Is any one else having way too much fun with these threads?? :D.

Thanks Cracker we were in need of a little levity :lol:

I have a real life,...I think. However, GOTM is usually the first leisure activity on my mind when I'm free. It's amazing how you can find time for it when you really want to/ need to play. I do, though manage a normal social and family schedule, though often I play the tired one with dreams of GOTM instead of throwing a few drinks down.

i'm at college so whenever i don't feel like going to class, I can just play Civ:) But usually I can get in a few good hours. my girlfriend is in love with The Sims and will play that for hours, giving me plenty of time to play my game:D

I don't play CIV at the weekends at all. Because I have very young children doing much during the week after work is difficult, though we do get our parents to babysit two or three times a month.

Civ is more interactive than watching the TV + In Civ there are no re-runs.

Moderator Action: Datascat, What you are doing here is called "Dredging" and it is where you wander through the old threads and then resurrect them with a post that is barely on topic and could be referred to as spam. Stop posting in old threads and spend more time just playing the games in a thoughtful way and then reading and participating in the game discussion threads. The games are the centerpiece and common point of reference that will let you meet people and find your own place in the community. - cracker
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom