Faerun

Hi :-( it happened again, crashed while using Cormyr, but in this case I can tell you how. The first time summoning a giant eagle with the druid, from then on I dodged, the second time during a shift change where a barbarian white dragon appeared and then crash.
These are small details that I hope can give an idea to understand the problem. Thank you!!!

Some more issues to report:

Cormanther always seems to start crashing to desktop after playing for a while, making them unplayable. It always happens at the end of the barbarians turn/start of my turn. The earliest it's happened to me was turn 58. Some times I can go back a few saves and the game will advance past the crash point but not always. I really tried to upload a save for you to look at but I couldn't even find the darn things. I really have no idea what's causing it, sorry. (This also happened to me with Algorond but much later in the game.)

The magic victory type really does seem to be bugged. I've been able to to get it only once in one of my several play throughs and it can be triggered right at the start of the game using the Ingame Editor mod, but most of the the time it doesn't trigger when I get the four schools of magic completed and 1800 weave. Sometimes I might have been beaten to it by another civilization that didn't beat the mobs that appear, so that could be part of it, but I know with certainty that I was way ahead in spells unlocked in one of my games and it just didn't trigger.

Having dwarves being able to cross mountains seems nice but mostly just results in dead dwarves when auto pathing. I'd just as soon have you remove it, though I suppose you could leave it in and not have it do damage to the units.

The free zombies that Many Arrows get are kind of out of control. In one game I played as another civilization Many Arrows had at least 150 of them just standing around clogging up their entire territory.

In regards to caravans making roads, I'm glad that you are planning to make it an option that can be turned off in games that you setup. What about the scenarios though? I'd appreciate it if you'd turn it off in those too.

Thanks again, hope my notes were helpful.

Oh, one other thing. I attempted to attack a barbarian unit with one of Cormanther's treant settlers and the game crashed.

I found another issue in the Sword Coast mod. When you do the druid class quest (The Beastmaster), the Beastmaster unit seems to be somehow corrupted and crashes the game after several rounds; also you are not able to load any saves when the unit is active. Hence here is the last save that works (just before the quest gets triggered).

Cheers, Andrje

Attachments

• Sword Coast (Wizard, Day 158).Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Hey FranmedArchitect,

I don't know if you still check this thread or not, but if you do I was wondering if you might help me out with something. I decided to try and make my own map to play on the other day but when I try to fire up the World Builder with your Faerun mods loaded I just get a white box with a big red X through it and an error message. Any insight into what I might do to get it running would be appreciated. The error message is as follows:

Application: World Builder
User: Unkown (Not an in-house user.)
Time: Tuesday 6/28/2022 4:32:53 AM

Runtime: 32 bit
Machine: DESKTOP-P18P11S

Exception: System.AccessViolationException
Source: WorldBuilderEngine
Thread: Main Thread
Description: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Stack Trace:
at FireGrafix.CRenderer9.Render(CRenderer9* , IDirect3DSwapChain9* )
at RenderWindowManager.Render(RenderWindowManager* , HRenderWindow hRenderWnd)
at FGXWinformsRendering.FGXControlRendering.Render(UInt32 hRenderWindow)
at FGXWinformsRendering.FGXControl.OnPaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmEraseBkgnd(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Whelp never mind and sorry I bothered you to ask. I think I have it figured out, just had to make the mod files readable, duh. Next time I'll try harder to find the solution myself before I ask here.

Hi

If you still intend to make an update to this great mod, there is another critical bug: If you attack an 'Orc Squatter', the game crashes.

Cheers, Andrje

Top Bottom