1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Faerun

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by FramedArchitect, Dec 16, 2012.

1. AndreaB

AndreaB Chieftain

Hello, new to the CivForum, it's the first time I write something: first, your mod (faerun for BNW - not tried swordcoast yet) is SUPERB. I tried it 2 years ago and it was very nice, but a little unbalanced (imho) with wonders and quite easy to beat. Now it has really improved and it is absolutely nice! I just played a marathon game with Mulhorandi, i won with Evil ending after 890 turns of pure destruction and had lots of fun, really. I love Faerun, being a d&d master since '91, and this is a true gift to me, so thank you thank you thank you. Now, i'm writing to ask (if possibile and if u have time to answer) 2 things:

1) In the mentioned play i reached the Mystra reqs to spawn the goddes, but she never appeared. I was using the divination spell that revealed me ALL THE MAP (forever - is it right or is a bug and it shoul have a duration?) , so it is possible that it stopped mystra from spawning. She never appeared elsewhere, even in Dambrath who had reached the full weave schools and reqs also). 2 years ago i won with magic in 3-4 plays, and it was working fine at the time. Is it possible that she won't spawn immediately but only after certain time or conditions? also, i don't have any Mystra follower in any of my cities (cause the city state is too far in this game), does this have an impact on her appearing? I tried for 56 turn an dkilled 2 barbarian events in the meanwhile, hoping maybe she would have been the next but nothing. At the end i won conquering the 11 capitals

2) I just want to ask if there is a way to play with big faerun map + underdark using the TSL mode: i know it is possible as SCENARIO, but in that case the game pace is standard, and i HATE standard pace. Is there a (easy) way to tweak the scenario or to impose marathon pace using TSL? It would be the "cherry on the pie" on your mod!!

Apart from point 1 (that might be me making the Mystra crash with those spells) , thanks again for your efforts and time, version 17 of the MOD with all its additions and improvements is a masterpiece!

PS: just two things are missing: the ZENTHARIM faction with manshoon, chess, and all the others cyric-bane war villains - and the cult of Lolth. But... it's only beacuse i am a seasoned faerunian :p

Have a nice time everybody :)

2. AndreaB

AndreaB Chieftain

Just to let evbd know, I found a way to play with TSL faerun scenario in Marathon mode with 21 civs and 24 city states: in this forum there is a post in wich is discussed how to hex mod the scenario changing the STANDARD PACE into MARATHON PACE, and changing the number of turns into 1500 instead of 500. I hex edited it and all is fine. To change the number of default civs wa enough to edit the civ5Worlds xml file in the main game directory and change the default huge map players in 21 instead of 12 and the job is done. Btw, the thread i'm referring to is this: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/faerun.483184/page-35#post-13975353 just watch out for the numbers cause they're incorrect: you have to find the 500 limit, not 300 as stated in the post. But they are close to the PACE property as stated in the post.

Good luckk

3. Malkor

Malkor Chieftain

I'm having a bug playing Faerun for BNW v. 17. None of the Stable buildings do what they are supposed to, I can't make mounted units. Instead they are giving a bonus to food production percentage. Also, they require mounts to build, which seems wrong.

4. AndreaB

AndreaB Chieftain

Noticed the same thing here: no mounted unit option after stables, and the same with stables II and III.

Another strange bug noticed: Also, playing on Menzoberranzan, the "magic" system seems blocked, it always requires me 60 points for new spells,. It goes to 110 sometimes but when i reach 63 points it gives me the new policy and the counter restart from the beginning (i am able to learn all the spell in a bunch of turns this way, and is impossible to reach 3,600 points for Mystra. To continue playing i have to donate 50 points every 2 round to some city state to avoid getting stucked.

They are minor issues anyway

5. AndreaB

AndreaB Chieftain

Btw, i noticed that none of the civs, except city states, makes mounted units at all (except for 2star swordsman that has an option for that after upgrade)

6. Alexej

Alexej Prince

Some city states wants Emigrants in exchange for influence. Where can I check how many of them I have and how to obtain more? Game pedia found nothing. When I paid City state influence with this Emigrants my income per turn decreased a little.

Why mithrill hall dwarves have only range 1 with their shooting units? Everyone else shoots with 2 range or just the elves?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  7. Malkor

Malkor Chieftain

I don't know if anyone is still playing this mod, but if they are, I've found out how to make at least some of the mounted units. You have to build swordsmen or macemen and then you can upgrade them to some of the mounted units. This worked for me when playing as Cormanthor (the elves). I was able to upgrade swordsmen to centaurs and macemen to human mounted units.