Failed to Load WOTM#33

EntropyNZ

Chieftain
I'm trying to load the latest WOTM game #33 and am getting a breif "Failed to Load" message before Warlords exits back to windows.

I bought Civ4, Warlords and BTS recently off of valves steam service so i'm wondering if there are any complications to playing GOTM's with this.

- I've downloaded HOF mod 2.13.004 and loaded it up
- Made sure that I am at version 2.13 of Warlords
- I have BTS so don't need to change the coredll file in the warlords asset folder.

Anything else I have missed?
Thanks.

I also had an issue with the Steam Warlords and Vanilla Version. (Buffy and BTS runs fine).

How I solved the issue:

Used the Asset checker (http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=assetschecker) to check which files are causing the problem. Then I copied the files from a 'Standard DVD' installation into the steam folders. I don't know of another solution.

If you don't have the standard installation then you could post here the list of the problems that the asset checker is complaining about (make some screenshots) and I can send you the files via email.

I ran the asset checker file and got a truckload of errors.

I ran with the "Steam - Pick version to check" : Warlords radio button selected so am not sure why it was displaying errors with Vanilla.

Vanilla Files - Path: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vanilla: Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll,<-- Error: Files do not Match
Vanilla: Assets\Python\CvEventManager.py,<-- Error: Files do not Match
Vanilla: Assets\Python\Screens\CvMainInterface.py,<-- Error: Files do not Match
Vanilla: Assets\XML\GlobalDefines.xml,<-- Error: Files do not Match
Vanilla: Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml,<-- Error: Files do not Match
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\autolog.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\autologEventManager.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\Civ4lerts.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\configobj.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\CvCustomEventManager.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\CvEventManager.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\CvUtil.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\DomPyHelpers.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\EntryPoints\CvEventInterface.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\EntryPoints\CvHOFCallbackInterface.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\EntryPoints\CvOptionsScreenCallbackInterface.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\EntryPoints\CvScreensInterface.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\HOFContext.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\HOFSettings.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\HOFUtil.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\MoreCiv4lerts.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\Screens\CvDawnOfMan.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\Screens\CvExoticForeignAdvisor.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\Screens\CvMainInterface.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\Screens\CvModSpecialDomesticAdvisor.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\Screens\CvOptionsScreen.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\Screens\CvVictoryScreen.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\python\Screens\IconGrid.py,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\xml\art\CIV4ArtDefines_Interface.xml,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\xml\GameInfo\CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\xml\text\CIV4AdvisorInfo.xml,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\xml\text\CIV4EnhancedTextInfos.xml,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\xml\text\CIV4GameText_HOFmod.xml,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\xml\text\Civ4lertsTextInfos.xml,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\xml\text\CIV4ModSpecDomAdvisorInfo.xml,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\xml\text\HOFGraphicsOptionsTextInfos.xml,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: Mods\HOF-1.74.004\Assets\xml\text\MoreCiv4lertsTextInfos.xml,<-- Error: Not Found
Vanilla: PublicMaps\aDebugMap.py,<-- Error: Extra file

* * * Vanilla: 6 Errors have been found * * *

Warlords Files - Path: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Warlords
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warlords: Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll,<-- Error: Files do not Match

* * * Warlords: 1 Errors have been found * * *

* * * 40 Errors have been found * * *

I had the same issue with the strange HOF 1.74 error messages. So I installed the HOF 1.74 Mod in the Vanilla and the Warlords path:

...\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv\Mods\HOF-1.74.004
...\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Mods\HOF-1.74.004

About the other messages:

Just delete the file

Replace them with these files:
View attachment Vanilla files.zip

Replace them with this file:
View attachment Warlords - CvGameCoreDLL.zip

Hints:

- I'm playing Vanilla and Warlords since ~ 3 month with these customizations and had no issues.
- As far as I remember there are some more files to replace in the Warlords folder - give me some feedback and I will provide these files.
- I disabled the 'automatic update' option for civ4 in steam to avoid a corruption of these customizations ;)

@Moderators:
- If the posting of the files is a problem PM me and I will remove them immediately

Hey thanks for the help!

I installed the HOF mod to warlords and BOTS and don't get the errors about HOF anymore.

I'm still getting errors with some files:

Vanilla Files - Path: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords

Warlords Files - Path: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Warlords

* * * 7 Errors have been found * * *

I copied all the files you sent but still am having problems. Have no idea what to do lol!

I've noticed quite a few paths to the CvGameCoreDll.dll file:

- C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv\Assets

- C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Warlords\Assets
- C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Assets
- C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Warlords\Assets

- C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Assets
- C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Assets

which confuses the heck out of me!

Edit:
Off topic: I didn't manage to start the BOTS #37 map with no errors.

@Moderators:
- If the posting of the files is a problem PM me and I will remove them immediately

No problem. We actually publish download links for the .DLL files on the GOTM site, in this FAQ entry.

@ EntropyNZ:

There are six different CivGameCoreDLL.dll files in a fully modded and expanded Civ4/Warlords/BtS installation. There's one each for the three game variants, and one each in the HOF Mods for the variants. To play a WOTM you need at least four of them to be correct - the vanilla and Warlords ones.

Vanilla: PublicMaps\aDebugMap.py,<-- Error: Extra file <- delete the file

Replace the other ones with these files:
View attachment Vanilla Files.zip

Replace with this one:
View attachment CvGameCoreDLL.zip

Please double check the file paths, it is quite confusing because the paths are so similar... maybe I made a mistake with the first files I provided :crazyeye:

Edit:
Off topic: I didn't manage to start the BOTS #37 map with no errors.

I had no problems with BTS. This worked without any manipulation.

What is the error message? Can you provide a screenshot?

How to you load the savegame? -> I have to start BTS and then load the savegame -> BTS tells me then it has to restart to load the Buffy mod. This works for me.

Sorry, I meant to say "I did manage to start BOTS #37"

I tried those new files in the following paths:

- c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll

- C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Assets\Python\CvEventManager.py

- C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Assets\Python\Screens\CvMainInterface.py

- C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Assets\XML\GlobalDefines.xml

- C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml

- C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Warlords\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll

Warlords won't actually start now lol :) Thats ok because I can verify the integrity of the game through steam to fix it.

I meant to say "I did manage to start the BOTS #37 map with no errors" can't submit the current christmas one though because I will out of time.

The paths are looking good and I copied the files from these locations.

Maybe give it a second try? Do this 'check integrity' thing for Vanilla and Warlords in steam and try if Warlords starts again. Then replace the files.

Another thing we can try is that I send you an email with the following folders/files packed in one zip file (this is a 11MB email):

SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Assets
-\Python
-\XML
-CvGameCoreDLL.dll

This attempt is probably less error prone for both of us :)
If you want to do so PM me an email address.

I'm having the same exact problem trying to play WOTM 34. Up until now I had only played the BOTMs and they work fine.

When I try to load WOTM 34 I get a message that says:

"The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assets in your MOD folder have not been changed"

then when I click "OK" another message says "load failed" and then it quits to the desktop.

I downloaded Civ IV complete off of steam. I have made sure i have the right version and MOD. I tried replacing the DLL files...and then i also tried replacing the files that Srad uploaded. When I run the assets checker it continually says the same thing as EntropyNZ:

Vanilla: Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll <-- Error: Files do not Match
Vanilla: Assets\Python\CvEventManager.py <-- Error: Files do not Match
Vanilla: Assets\Python\Screens\CvMainInterface.py <-- Error: Files do not Match
Vanilla: Assets\XML\GlobalDefines.xml <-- Error: Files do not Match
Vanilla: Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml <-- Error: Files do not Match
Vanilla: PublicMaps\aDebugMap.py <-- Error: Extra file

Warlords: Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll <-- Error: Files do not Match

* * * 7 Errors have been found * * *

i dont know what to do from here...

EntropyNZ, did you ever figure it out?

You can try going to this site.

At this page it explains that you can:
If you have any questions:

Click on the "Save" button and save the results to a temporary folder.
E-Mail the results file along with your questions to hof.civfanatics@gmail.com.

The HoF guys developed the mods and know them better than I do. Plus, I do not have STEAM versions of Civ IV, so cannot test anything for you. They should be able to answer your questions. :please:

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Carazycool, I can offer you the same as I did for EntropyNZ:

Another thing we can try is that I send you an email with the following folders/files packed in one zip file (this is a 11MB email):

SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization iv warlords\Assets
-\Python
-\XML
-CvGameCoreDLL.dll

If you want to do so PM me an email address.

EntropyNZ never contacted me so I have no feedback if this works.

hey thanks srad.

I downloaded the files you posted for EntropyNZ and was careful to replace them in their appropriate places. What's weird is that the assets checker still reported the same exact errors as before i replaced them.

i'm pretty sure all the versions are up to date. i actually just downloaded vanilla and warlords...i previously only had BTS installed. i'll double check, though.

i actually just downloaded vanilla and warlords...i previously only had BTS installed.
It's difficult to see how you could expect to play a WOTM if you didn't have Warlords installed. The 'W' stands for Warlords!

Alan,

I downloaded warlords before i tried to play it. i meant that i had only recently downloaded warlords. like right before i wanted to play the WOTM.

BTW, GOTM works fine, as well as BOTM...it's only the WOTM that gives me problems.

Top Bottom