Fall Flat Release

At one point my beta group had exhibited some interest in, at high tiers, being able to use production from multiple cities to build a Titan Construct of sorts, like the spaceship victory but instead of a spaceship, building a giant walking steam titan that kills all your enemies.

But that doesn't really feel Dural-ish. Now, when I drag the Mechanos in.......

hmmm mechanos...

National Units Limited to 1 - Can rebuild parts if they get intercepted
Titan Head
Titan Torso
Titan Left Arm
Titan Right Arm
Titan Pelvis
Titan Left Leg
Titan Right Leg
(could add feet and hands too)
Titan Power Plant

All 0/1 units, movement 1 except Power plant, it is immobile, have to move other pieces to it. Varying costs and Resource requirements. (Might consider adding some of the new resources from Orbis also)

Once all in one city combine them into the end result. Which is a World Unit, can only make one.

Better make it a ritual/project imo. Just have a giant 'assembly plant' national wonder which makes them buildable and marks the city where the titan will emerge once completed. That is, assuming you want a titan for Mechanos. Could replace the cheesy Goliath imo. It is almost as ridiculously op and worthless as Auric.

As for an Asian civ, other than pointing out that you can rip art from here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7610520, there's little I can think of.

An idea about "asian" civ (partly inspired by Jade Empire):
and evil emperor-ghost who is undead and is presented as a single unit. He holds all the souls of the people within the empire and is immobile in your starting capital (he may be dragged between your cities via a buildable ritual "summon emperor"). His attribues and abilities/spells should be determined by civics. Obviously he should get the biggest power from the "God-King" civic. The idea is if he's killed the game is lost for the civ (for example, all cities/units turn barbarian).

That's not a bad idea, Deon, except we already have one all-powerful civ controlling undead omega-Emperor, and I don't want to step on his toes.

Hmm, I don't see how it's bad to have another emperor since the concept is different, and I can't see an oriental-type asian civ without an emperor worship :). You can always call him "Great Dragon" (and he can be a shifted dragon... oh wait, no, Kuriotates...) or "Dark Wizard" or anything. Just use imagination ;).

P.S. Also if you hate another emperor, it could be an unique type of leader. I.e. anime-style witch sisters (hello to Mylene Farmer) as 2 units, every with her trait, so you'd have a civ trait + 1st sister trait + 2nd sister trait and you could lose 2 of those 3 :). They may represent different spheres, i.e. fire and water or life and death.

Good news is that there's plenty of time to stew on "Oriental Civ" because the existing civs and the Mechanos implementation come first.

You could make an army of anime models xD

If this was February or March I'd seriously consider doing an April Fools Day version of Fall Flat with an anime-inspired race, including giant robots, with absolutely no explanation.

Hmm, I don't see how it's bad to have another emperor since the concept is different, and I can't see an oriental-type asian civ without an emperor worship :). You can always call him "Great Dragon" (and he can be a shifted dragon... oh wait, no, Kuriotates...) or "Dark Wizard" or anything. Just use imagination ;).

P.S. Also if you hate another emperor, it could be an unique type of leader. I.e. anime-style witch sisters (hello to Mylene Farmer) as 2 units, every with her trait, so you'd have a civ trait + 1st sister trait + 2nd sister trait and you could lose 2 of those 3 :). They may represent different spheres, i.e. fire and water or life and death.

That just makes me think Zelda.... Although, that's not really such a bad thing lol.

Did they share an eye between the three of them perchance?

Actually, I'm wrong. It wasn't a trio, it was a duo... They didn't share an eye, but they WERE representing different elements... One fire, one ice. Only way to beat them was redirecting their attacks at each other. :lol:

Edit: Damn, this is going to force me to go out and find an emulator... Gave my 64 to charity years ago. Miss that game.

Yeah someone else mentioned that in the bug thread...which I had never seen before. Nice to know heh.

the windwaker promotional disk had every zelda game up to and excluding windwaker on it. That includes the super nintendo games. I still have it, and, looking at Ocarina of Time, it would be interesting to get some time-travel into this game.

hmmm mechanos...

National Units Limited to 1 - Can rebuild parts if they get intercepted
Titan Head
Titan Torso
Titan Left Arm
Titan Right Arm
Titan Pelvis
Titan Left Leg
Titan Right Leg
(could add feet and hands too)
Titan Power Plant

All 0/1 units, movement 1 except Power plant, it is immobile, have to move other pieces to it. Varying costs and Resource requirements. (Might consider adding some of the new resources from Orbis also)

Once all in one city combine them into the end result. Which is a World Unit, can only make one.

So what, they magically forgot how to make another? The entire point behind the Mechanos if I remember right is a lack of divine, excluding "Mechanical spirits." Which from what little I could gather... There'd be nothing stopping them from merely rebuilding it. I'd say make it a national unit or have a "Pieces of barnaxus" styled mechanism to rebuild it, but the second time it's rebuilt have it cost more and get a +1 to deffense. Perhaps double the cost every time it dies for an additional +1 to attack and deffense, and make it unable to be promoted otherwise? Or perhaps that that's the only way it CAN get promotions, and give it some unique and expensive buildable "weapons."

I might make it rebuildable, but whenever it dies you'd get a sudden (and MASSIVE) happiness penalty in all of your cities for a decent number of turns... call it "loss of national pride". This thing would be the height of your culture's might, engineering prowess, and effort. If your leader goes out and gets it disassembled, it'd be pretty shameful.

Top Bottom