1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall From Heaven II Erebus pbem

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Eclipse4449, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Eat a Snickers Knoedel "wow"!

So is there an advance start or start with a few units or maybe skip the first Era

We'll use the best options available, not pick apart anything here

2. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

Both of those are options, yes. (And EitB and possibly EMM subdivide the eras further so it's easier to start an era in without screwing up balance.)

Another option RB uses occasionally is to add a shade at game start (shades are sidar units which can be settled as Great People - this speeds up the early game by reducing the "hump" of early-game slowdown.)

3. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

I am unfamiliar with what RB and the other 2 abbreviations stand for

4. ReallyEvilMuff

ReallyEvilMuff King

Hey, I've never played FFH2 other than the shipped scenario package, but would be interested in joining if it is the EitB mod. With the balance fixes it has it will be a lot more forgiving to those who are just picking the game up.

5. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

Apologies. In order:
    EMM==Extramodmod
    EitB==Erebus in the Balance
    RB==Realms Beyond

6. BobCW

BobCW Warlord

Not to rush anyone, but assuming this game is actually happening, did you guys want me to make your map? I never did receive an answer to my offer.

7. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

I for one would be in favor of it, yes. No need to build it from scratch though, but if you randomly generated something and then made same balance fixes that would be grand.

8. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

This will certainly launch soon, there are several good points made and some discussion about them. Simultaneously I'm launching another game which is just a bit further in the process and then I will message you. And Thank You for the offer. I agree with Knoedel's last post

9. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Here is a few notes

ReallyEvilMuff are you still here?

I'd like to use the Erebus in the Balance on a Standard size map 4(5) players and 4 AIs
    Quick speed appears less desirable so Normal speed will be selected and I'll suggest a few things added to all players including the AIs (I will propose these to BobCW and post a few options.)

Post #1 updated

10. BobCW

BobCW Warlord

Cool. One thing I need to know that I haven't seen discussed much, whether I hand-draw the map (which I'd be happy to do) or simply edit one is what your tolerance for "flavor" is, ie: stuff added to the map with the intention of making it more interesting. Give me one of the four following options for my mandate:

No flavor: I will not add anything to the map that is not expressly for balance purposes.

Low flavor: Small changes made for largely cosmetic purposes, such as adding signs to particularly interesting natural features.

Medium flavor: Moderate changes involving using the Worldbuilder to add things to the map that would not be generated normally. For instance, in addition to adding signs I might pre-place certain held barbarian units and tile improvements (like a citadel with a Chaos Marauder guardian).

Heavy flavor: Significant changes to the map encompassing large geographical areas. Along with preplaced units, improvements and signs I might add special "adventure" regions with tough monsters and treasures for players who can conquer them. You'll get something much more interesting than the map generator would normally spit out, but balance will be more difficult to maintain (although I'll do my best).

11. ReallyEvilMuff

ReallyEvilMuff King

Yeah more than happy to play with the eitb mod. Perhaps for balance purposes a 5human/5ai would be easier? Essentially to give the mapmaker an easier time is all.

With regards to the flavour it seems like a fairly interesting mod anyway, and I am willing to have some built areas to try and gain whatever (I assume some equivalence of huts?) by fighting barbs/trolls/sid meiers evil creations. So as much flavour as everyone else can tolerate is my preference.

12. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Welcome ReallyEvilMuff

I sent BobCW a PM prior to his post here but isn't as detailed, we shall sync up soon

13. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Before we get much further here I think we need to pick our Leaders/Civilization, I will be last.

14. BobCW

BobCW Warlord

Replied to your PM; sorry for not responding earlier, Civfanatics unchecked my alerts for some reason.

You might want to consider the RB method of picking leaders. Everyone sends their top 3 picks in order of preference to the mapmaker (ie. me) via PM, and then I'll place everyone with their favorites. When two or more players select the same first choice, I'll use Random.org to select the winner, and whoever doesn't get their first pick will move down to the second leader on their list, and so on.

15. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

I'd like the naughty elves please! If we decide to do Bob's method then I will need to research my #2 and #3 choices.

16. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

I thought you wanted the good elves? :confused:

I'd prefer we go first choose first serve, but for myself I'll prolly go random anyway.

17. ReallyEvilMuff

ReallyEvilMuff King

I'll have a download and look at it sometime this evening. Which version of the mod are we using?

I like your pick idea :)

18. BobCW

BobCW Warlord

Please use the most up-to-date version, located here, as that is what I will be using to make the map.

The general mod discussion forum is located here. Feel free to pester Qg with questions, I know he loves that :mischief:

19. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

Questions! :D

The changelog can be found in the download, or slightly disjointedly where Bob linked. The latest version (which Bob also linked) works as a standalone, and won't replace or interfere with your normal FFH games.

20. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

There are several things, ideas and discussions yet but I agree Bob will use EitB but as noted previously leaders to mention the first must be chosen.

And 2 I spent several hours considering details I'd like to elaborate on as soon I have a bit more time