Fall from heaven SG - High to Low

Sorry didn't even realise I was up. I'll take the game and play tomorrow.

The game looks like the next move is to consolidate our armies and push against Auric, so that is what I'll do.

Looks like fun - I just caught up, I'll follow the rest with intereset. I'll be getting this mod.

@Mosher, download the manual as well, it is very handy (if sometimes out of date) for giving you an idea of the different civs and mechanics.

Ok I've the game played, but am too tired to get into the roleplaying the report deserves. But lets just say we are now the proud owners of a barrage1 Mimic!

And the screenshots, which will tell a tale worth reading:

First the fall of AtM:
Spoiler :

NB: There are a number of units in AtM including our two best candidates of Phalanxhood.

Next came Sopor:
Spoiler :

We kept both cities, AtM for it's location and goodies, Sopor for a nice defensive line to the north.

Next up was taking out both Einion and Varn (on turns 597 and 599 respectively) delayed slightly by healing matters:
Spoiler :

Straatus was annoying because I lost a few high odds battle (including a 91% one:mad::mad:), but we got 'er done. Nubia was easier, and this is where Sphener picked up his mimic friend.

And some ending shots:
Spoiler :

Supermutants of Doom is appropriate, got the 65 of them together and unleashed Gaelen on them. Our power is frankly scary at the moment. One small detail, there's a couple of Calabim tigers by AtM, the remains of a stack of them. If they're there next turn farm the XP's as best you feel like.

Will write up a lore tomorrow.

Edit: Sorry about the blacking out of Gostai, didn't even realise it until re-reading the post. There's a large stack of frigates in there. Be afraid, fishies, be very afraid!

Attachments

• Capria AD-0599.CivBeyondSwordSave
    703.3 KB · Views: 123
Yeah I'm sorry about the lack of lore or a full report. I'll put it up tomorrow, and in the meantime I believe Fleme is up.

Thumbs up for the huge mutant stack, haha. I'll pick it up and play tonight.

Played a set. Uninspired as far as our added lore goes since it's just mopping up. I did have fun with our Mimic stealing promos. Also, really nice rolls on most of the mutant stack, there's only a handful of those with weak promos while the majority are mutant supermen in their own right.

Few highlights:

Stephanos! Phat lewts, as they say in the biz. I think. Biz? Anyhow, he spawned at Kabhalg, attacked a Champion and...

...won one fight without conversion resulting in...

Woot woot! Donal was in the neighborhood so he rallied over to capture the Crown. If the paths of Donal and Sphener do cross in the next set however, you should transfer it to Sphener for a sweet 50% conversion rate.

Plan I laid back in my previous set came to fruition:

It's nice to see stuff that you started to actualize in a game like this, isn't it? Effects were inconsequential but it's my lighthouse damnit!

An expedition reached the treasure:

The actual progress on the warfront:

Everything else burned except Mutanbo. Sandalphon knew our achilles heel and rusted the stack. Man, it felt like the army was crippled and I had to sacrifice a few weenies to capture the city. Had to keep it to remove rusted from the boys.

Most fun I had was exploring a dungeon with the Mimic and he found something that enraged him there and ran off. Then he opened a can of pain and slew (is slew the past tense of slay?) a bunch of tigers, captured a worker and then finished off on a Mage. Yea, he survived and his rage passed and he joined the stack with promos designed for summoned creatures. Fun guy really. I did not get a good spot to create a new Phalanx so that job still has an opening. I also didn't reinforce the stacks, just rallied everyone to AtM, you'll find a mix of all sorts of units waiting there.

Things to look forward to in the next set:

1) Playing with the Mimic to see how many promos you can get for him. Use Shrine of Sirona to keep him in full working order in case other measures aren't enough.

2) AC reaching 50. That means a new horseman and more loot. DO WANT.

3) Wiping the floor with the remaining AIs.

Attachments

• Capria AD-0609.CivBeyondSwordSave
    706.4 KB · Views: 114
You're right on slew Fleme, good turnset by the way. This might come back to you, but that will simply because there's so much to mop up.

Yeah, such are the implications of conquest without diplo :) It's not that bad really, as this has been quite a ride and it's nice to go back to the monster units/heroes we've built and rampage over weaklings.

Our campaign continued towards the Ilian heartlands and the last non Bannor hero was slayed:

Soon vampirism was forever cured and the Sidar capital fell to us. The holy city of Octopus Overlords was taken from Balseraphs.

Check out the odds of converting units.:lol: Valin also got the War from Buboes.

The Ilian capital fell and our Paladins made sure that Mulcarn wont return. Sandalphon was also turned into a ghost.

So who is left?? Yeah, the crazy clown! Well Sphener and our converted super Mimic with tons of promos dealt with him. Next..

Right, this came next:

We have won a Conquest Victory!!:king:

The starting situation was:

Spoiler :

First switch:

Spoiler :

Second switch:

Spoiler :

The beginning of the Great War:

Spoiler :

The west fell first:

Spoiler :

East followed quickly:

Spoiler :

Score and power:

Spoiler :

Score:

Spoiler :

Some war stats:

Killed

88 Archers
192 Champions
95 Mages
330 Tigers:lol:
184 Priests
94 Adepts
90 Catapults
75 Assassins

Lost

115 Demagogs
42 Champions
46 Axemen

A total of 48 cities razed!:king:

Attachments

• Capria AD-0624.CivBeyondSwordSave
    708.3 KB · Views: 101
Nice one Jusos. Could you put up the turn before save (if you still have it) when the forum is unkinked?

Congratulations all, I'd be more than happy to play with ye again some time.

Yep, job well done everyone! It was lots of fun!:D

I'll put up a save when it is possible again.

Sorry to resurrect but that was great and I will definitely be downloading this mod! :goodjob:

Top Bottom