1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall patch discussion thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Skulbow, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Olleus

Olleus Deity

It is, updated it earlier today.

qadams and orasis like this.
  2. Haggbart

Haggbart King

Soooo, did anyone try to play with the patch and notice any difference with the AI?

(I'm asking because I'm away for the weekend, and can't try myself before monday)

3. orasis

orasis Prince Supporter

They do have sleep functions represented by the 'moon' icon and the fortify/shield option does the same for units. None of my units ever awake themselves on the next turn unless I select them, or any enemy gets close to them.

4. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

Nothing about making genuine diplomacy actually possible. Wait for the expansion perhaps?

5. Dockmeister

Dockmeister Chieftain

I was mamluk-rushed with hit of medieval-era on Immortal. I am very happy and sad - was a good game until then :)

whyidie likes this.
  6. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

Did Arabia use the Mamluk's well? I've seen them mass up their UU before, but they've always run around my city when I've played.

7. Dockmeister

Dockmeister Chieftain

Wasnt that bad, still room for improvement though. I was really suprised since i was never rushed like that after classical era before the patch. I saw the diplomatic intel that Arabia hit the medieval era, 2 turns later he declared war on me and came with 6 mamluks and a carpet of warriors.

8. bovinespy

bovinespy Prince

Really? I never tried the moon thingy because I didn't want to park them permanently. Not seeing a 'Sentry' option, I always just fortified. If that's the case, then they really oughta make that more clear in the UI that the unit will wake up when it spots an enemy.

9. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

The city governor is deciding to value a different tile highly right before grabbing it. Check every turn leading up to the grab and you might notice it switch.

What exactly needed to be done to update the mod? I had a working mod I was working on right before the patch, and now it just keeps kicking me out to the main menu once it finishes loading the civ explanation screen, with a "Start Game" message.

10. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

shouldn't your being able to do both be the whole point?

LDiCesare likes this.
  11. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Absolutely. The point I was making is that the card helps increase the speed at which you can conquer... which skews the victory paths (even further) in favor of warmongering.

Not sure why you are bringing up 'the right choice' here. Its a change. Are other options available? Of course. The purpose is to make the game more balanced. The devs made an effort to do that. With so many opinions on the matter, you could have an unending thread on the 'right choice' and never arrive anywhere. How about seeing how this plays out?

12. orasis

orasis Prince Supporter

... And you can. I personally prefer wide play... for now.

It is so liberating after years of laying down four cities now to be able to expand as far as my civilization bonuses allow!

I now know how East-Germans felt when the wall came crashing down. I too had tears after expanding past six cities.

skyclad and bovinespy like this.
  13. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

Yes, the process of acquiring artifacts and art includes some meaningful decisions. Already when you dig up artifacts you can influence the likelihood of receiving artifacts that are more likely to help you get a themed museum. It's still not exactly my favorite part of the game, but at least it requires that you make some choices and better choices are likely to lead to better results.

The actual theming process, moving around artifacts between museums, is an unnecessary minigame. It has only one correct solution and reaching that solution is pretty straight forward. As such it's not about making an interesting choice. Also, the interface is really bad, which makes it a very tedious minigame. To start with, they could add filters that would show only the slots containing great works of art or artifacts. Next add some kind of visual indicator that tells the details about the works so that you don't have to hover over them all to find out what they are. If there's a filter to show only the art or archeological museums (and possible other slots currently housing items of that kind), then maybe there's even space on the screen to write it out in plain text.

Atlas627 likes this.
  14. 2evster48

2evster48 Chieftain

I meant sentry not sleep - whatever it's called we need a button that allows units to wake when approached by enemy forces......

15. gibson1314

gibson1314 Chieftain

My citizen buttons for Food, Production, Gold etc won't work now anyone having this problem. Every time you click it on the city screen it doesn't stay.

16. HF22

HF22 Warlord

Arguably, they are unbalancable. The best you could do I suspect is make wide harder, yet still more rewarding (because tall is naturally easier).

But apart from that, you can always just play smaller maps etc.

Atlas627 likes this.
  17. Olleus

Olleus Deity

I had to add a dummy entry to the <Settings> entry in the .modinfo. Had to do that for both of my mods. No idea why, I saw that someone else had done the same thing so copied it, it references one of the components which might make the difference. It's also got rid of 2 warnings I had in database.log that I had been ignoring.

18. jamesviago

jamesviago Chieftain

yeah! i just assumed that "fall patch" meant that it was 6 months late...
    Still missing: new game defaults, reroll, sentry, stop goto when enemy newly sighted.

19. jamesviago

jamesviago Chieftain

is there are bug register somewhere? does anyone know if the pin deletion bug has been reported? very frustrating.

20. bbbt

bbbt Emperor

I think there's a middle ground between ICS and 4-cities... Personally, I'd prefer a system sort of ICS with higher revolting - I.e. plant s many cities as you want but if you can control them all (i.e. keep them all happy, whatever), then some end up revolting and sending barbarians at you (and can be conquered by any civ with no warmonger penalty/declaration of war).

Roald Amundsen likes this.