1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall patch discussion thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Skulbow, Nov 17, 2016.

1. MyOtherName

MyOtherName Emperor

AI cities were easily conquered with or without the production card.

As an aside, assuming for the sake of argument that Horsemen with +100% production are too cheap by a factor of 1.33? You could drop the production card to +50% to fix that, or you could increase the cost of Horsemen by 33%. Why is nerfing the card the right choice?

Atlas627 likes this.
  2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I keep saying this in posts... horses before stirrups sucked. They only had impact when demoralizing led by a general and outflanking type behaviors. The only exception was the steppe type horse archers who lived in a saddle. I just shake my head that a horseman comes out of a barb hut with the power of a swordsman upgrade. Its just wrong. In the early battles archers where pretty important, slingers were the pits as they are. Also Spearmen were rubbish, it was a cheap weapon not at all well used in a strong defensive line against horsemen.

Knights had stirrups and Armour so were much much better but it was not just long bowmen that took them out historically.

On the Patch
    OMG... been playing a french match and bang bang bang, China is grabbing those wonders faster. The fix to make the civs more victory focused seems to be in place. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

steveg700 likes this.
  3. lionbadger

lionbadger Chieftain

I just want to be able to customise my civ without having to MOD, change a leader name and maybe the CIV name,

glad to see you can at least tweak city names now.

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

From the patch notes: "Units may no longer remove features from tiles that are not owned by that player."

5. criZp

criZp Emperor

If fact I'd say it isn't anything, since no one use spears. Why should they? With +cav production bonus card they are 50% more expansive to produce, same strenght, half mobility, in addition to getting completely destroyed by swordsmen if the opponent got any.

6. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I was just playing from a pre-patch save with the patched game with no trouble. As far as I could tell, the patch changes were applied - for example, the amphitheater now has two writing works slots.

TiglathPileser likes this.
  7. TiglathPileser

TiglathPileser Warlord

Great, I'll install the update now then. Don't want to lose the current save I've put hours into already!

8. DonPato

DonPato Chieftain

that's going to be interesting to see how your pre-patch game pans out post-patch. I'm in a game now where I'm planning on removing a gigantic rainforest inbetween me and Scythia to help my fight them, which won't be possible post-patch.

9. Cywil

Cywil Chieftain

In my pre-patch game every amphitheater built before the patch has still only single slot after the patch but newly built amphitheaters have two slots.

Olleus likes this.
  10. Manifold

Manifold ModderProtectionAdvocate

[GAMEPLAY UPDATES]
    • Added the ability to rename cities.
    :banana::dance::band::bounce::dance:

Well finally, the Scythians are playable. I am eagerly excited....

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  11. CelJaded

CelJaded DENOUNCING!

I am gutted about this too. MP co-op is my favourite way to play Civilization atm and it's broken. :(

12. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Well, if you don't have horses and you don't have iron, then that rather limits one's options.

13. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

Ruhr Valley is still only +20% production according to the XML.

Edge scrolling also reverted to the original messed up version, had to edit that xml file again. I'm surprised they didn't fix the edge scrolling, since it was quite a major complaint on the first day when people posted their first impressions, and a simple solution that made it all a lot more intuitive and smooth was also offered on the very first day after release.

14. orasis

orasis Prince Supporter

• Changed Dan Quayle rankings.
    It's about time!!!!

15. Gagilence

Gagilence Chieftain

Saves that were crashing the game immediately after loading are working after patch! Wow, didn't expect that.

16. SirSaab

SirSaab Warlord

@Stilgar08 - my fault for not being clear: I was hoping to see them add the ability for the human player to ask AI to remove troops from their borders. As it is, you watch the AI pile on, waiting for the inevitable DoW, or you take the advantage, but score a warmonger penalty.

Stilgar08 likes this.
  17. orasis

orasis Prince Supporter

Were you part of the email campaign as well?

18. orasis

orasis Prince Supporter

To prevent you from preventing your enemy to gain XP.

19. orasis

orasis Prince Supporter

You should try the "8 ages of pace" mod if science feels too fast.

Not sure if it's compatible with this version, but, I'm sure if it is not that an update will be shortly available.

20. orasis

orasis Prince Supporter

No. Am I the only one around here that loves ICS? I would hate to go back to that 4 city mini-game.

whyidie, Photi, CaiusDrewart and 4 others like this.