1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall patch discussion thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Skulbow, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Feyd Rautha

Feyd Rautha Prince

OR Reduce horseman movement to 3 per previous iterations of Civ. They'd still be able to attack that archer on the same turn they see him on the hill, but they wouldn't be able to move through hills and then again through hills, completely avoid ZoC, etc. etc.

oedali likes this.
  2. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Is it just horsemen that are over powered, or knights too?

3. Europa Victrix

Europa Victrix Chieftain

After playing a bit, I have to say that the patch did help a lot with some AI issues, and also the Religion gameplay.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  4. Battlehelm043

Battlehelm043 Warlord

I think he meant for the Human player to have the border withdrawl request option available.... Which is something that I believe is indeed sorely needed and was promised by the Devs early on...

Stilgar08 likes this.
  5. Zhahz

Zhahz PC Gamer

I'm kind of impressed - the first patch is out faster than I'd expected and it addresses quite a few player concerns. Decent sized patch too (as in number of items tackled, not the 2g size on steam).

I'm 1000% sure that there will still be lots of unhappy players since some people are happier being unhappy and complaining but this should be a nice patch for many players.

6. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Yeah I haven't gotten it yet but it seems pretty solid. I do scratch my head if they haven't fixed the "last built" in the city menu though. It's that exact kind of thing that I would have expected in an early patch like this.

Victoria likes this.
  7. DonPato

DonPato Chieftain

Does anybody know if the Mac version will have the patch now too? From what I can see, Steam isn't downloading a patch for me on my Mac =[

8. Zuizgond

Zuizgond King

No more carpet of apostles occupying your tiles?

9. manu-fan

manu-fan Emperor

The Mac patch will be later, unfortunately.

10. DonPato

DonPato Chieftain

Fart. We don't have any idea of how much later?

11. manu-fan

manu-fan Emperor

Aspyr tweeted this:

Hey y'all. Won't be getting CivVIpatch out today, but cross-platform&new patch will be all in one in the near future. Thanks 4being awesome!

12. mayhemster

mayhemster Chieftain

Ok so I've just been playing on the new patch for a few turns, the game feels much nicer to play now you can turn off unit auto-cycle off... seriously this 1 change is massive for how nice the game feels to play!

One change that I think went undocumented is that you now can't chop forests outside your own territory, this is a really good change as you could really exploit chop.

13. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

My first thought was Religious Units. When a religious unit dies in combat the winning unit's religion gets a boost while the losing unit's religion takes a hit. If your Apostle is low on health and you don't think it'll survive the next turn, deleting it would ensure your religion doesn't suffer. Now you can't cheesily avoid that.

14. DonPato

DonPato Chieftain

I just read the patch notes; it's AWESOME that you can finally declare a joint war with somebody and incur NO WARMONGER penalties whatsoever as a result of that war. This will create groundbreaking improvements in terms of relationship building with the AI. I would love to see them have the added relationship-improving modifier of making it so that delcaring a joint war with an AI gives a significant "friend" bonus.

15. juanpavo

juanpavo Warlord

On a related topic, I wonder about the behavior when units are forcefully disbanded due to negative gold. Will my full strength units be taken before the partially damaged units? Makes no sense to me.

narmox and jamesviago like this.
  16. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

And no encampment district either.

If city states played by major Civ rules they would never had decent military since ecempt strategic resources encampment is required if less then 2 rexources are available.

17. Miravlix

Miravlix King

Confirmation bias, there is no widespread map generation issue with oil. It's the same as iron/niter, if that's not good enough for you, the advanced options for map come with settings for resources.

18. Bakaroyna

Bakaroyna Chieftain

A lot of good fixes, but I'm disappointed that they didn't add the Hall of Fame :(

19. TiglathPileser

TiglathPileser Warlord

Can anyone please verify this?

20. manu-fan

manu-fan Emperor

Really? I had no Oil in my last game. Looked around and I saw perhaps 2 on the whole map. In a Lets Play he had no Oil too. Then found about 1 or 2 later. It seems way more scarce than any other resource. Are you sure it's the same at Iron/Niter?