Fall Patch

I assume so. Since the patch came out for the pc first I suspect they had to port it to objective C. When I looked at coding objective C for the iPhone i did a xbox360 on it(you'll need to know why the xbox360 called what it is to get this comment) :p

Both versions for the Mac are coded the same way. I doubt if there's much ObjectiveC in the code. It's mostly the original Windows code, with compatibility layers to convert things like file system calls, and to translate DirectX into OpenGL/OpenAL. So the only delays between the Steam and AppStore version have to be to do with the Apple approval process.

There's nothing wrong with ObjectiveC if you know what you're doing :)

I just downloaded the fall patch from the App Store. I've noticed that after the install in the game that when I move my curser to the top or bottom, my top bar and dock appear, respectably. This is pretty annoying, especially when dealing with another civilization and I haven't found a way to disable this.

Does this have a solution and has anyone else experienced this? I'm using a Macbook Pro, NVIDIA 320M card with 8GB memory, 10.9.1 version of Mavericks.

Afraid I'm not experiencing this problem. My specs:

MBP mid-2009 (9400M integrated graphics); 2Gb memory
OSX: 10.9.1
BNW from Steam: 1.0.3.144 (114623)

No problems with the top bar or dock appearing. Even though my graphics card is unsupported I've found that BNW runs much better than Vanilla CiV, I've experienced no problems at all.

Hope you find a fix for your issue.

I know I've definitely got the problem, and while it didn't bother me at first, it is now super-annoying. And like I said, I'm on a tower and using a 23-inch display. At first I thought it wasn't too bad because I play in full-screen mode and had no way to check emails while waiting for turn progression. So at first I thought it was kind of nice (for a bug). But now, it happens at the most inopportune times.

I know I've definitely got the problem, and while it didn't bother me at first, it is now super-annoying. And like I said, I'm on a tower and using a 23-inch display. At first I thought it wasn't too bad because I play in full-screen mode and had no way to check emails while waiting for turn progression. So at first I thought it was kind of nice (for a bug). But now, it happens at the most inopportune times.

Its also confirmed to occur at mid-2012 15-inch Macbook (Inter HD4000/Nvidia 650GT 1GB), and mid-2010 13-inch Macbook (Nvidia 320M). Lots of macs use these same or variant GPUs so defect affects many. Hopefully Aspyr fixes it soon or provides way to rollback to previous version. As of now game is quite unenjoyable to play because of this bug.

^^I certainly hope they fix it. I've had countless games where I go to select a unit near the bottom of the screen and BAM! The dock appears and I launch Photoshop or something. :(

Nice, latest update from app store seems to fix this :)

^^I certainly hope they fix it. I've had countless games where I go to select a unit near the bottom of the screen and BAM! The dock appears and I launch Photoshop or something. :(

Top Bottom