Fallout mod.

Time for another unit posting.:) This is the redone Mutant MG. It has the Run, Attack, Death, Default, Fortify, and Fidget in the GIF.

This particular unit was converted by Marine Corps. Hopefully the first in a long line of more to come!;)

Cheers Thorgrimm

Attachments

• mutant mg.gif
    mutant mg.gif
    236.5 KB · Views: 1,361
MC did you notice why i told you you need to view the preview in Ulead GIF Animator? The death has parts where the shadow is still black. You are gonna have to do better bud.;) :)

Cheers Thorgrimm

Originally posted by Thorgrimm
MC did you notice why i told you you need to view the preview in Ulead GIF Animator? The death has parts where the shadow is still black. You are gonna have to do better bud.;) :)

Cheers Thorgrimm

oops.:( I always previewed. Odd that I missed that.

Here is another pic i created with the Fallout 2 editor.:) It is The Brotherhood of Steel Outpost.

Cheers Thorgrimm

Attachments

• brotherhood of steel outpost copy.jpg
    brotherhood of steel outpost copy.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 1,282
Originally posted by Thorgrimm
Xen wrote,

Xen no i do not mind at all.:) It is the helmet of the Power Armor from Fallout: Tactics. One of the Fallout games i am pulling units out of.:cool:

I have attached a pic of the entire unit.

Cheers Thorgrimm

well, the rest of the armor looks good ( I thinkl the helmet looks rather stupid/ugly personally, after all, if I wanted a 6 ft robot bug, well, I dont know what actually

Xen wrote
I thinkl the helmet looks rather stupid/ugly personally,

Do not feel alone in that thought.:) As most Fallout fans, me included, wrote Interplay as to how stupid the helmet was in Fallout: Tactics.:)

Cheers Thorgrimm

The Fallout 1 Power Armor is by far the coolest. The picture on the box alone would have made me buy that game.

The Fallout 2 PA looks a little "Buggy", but I know they needed to have a different armor for the Enclave. It would have been nice to see the old armor return for Tactics, or better yet, a new design that looked more like it.

Personnaly i also prefer the Fallout Power Armor, but alas the only game i can convert units from is Fallout: Tactics. As Fallout and Fallout 2 only have 6 directions.:(

If i had my druthers i would like to use the Fallout Armor as the Early Power Armor, and the Fallout 2 Power Armor as the normal Power Armor, then the Fallout: Tactics Power Armor minus the antlers as the Advanced Power Armor.

Cheers Thorgrimm

Sorry for the long delay in this unit preview, but RL and 3 people bailing on me when they said they would help increased the workload. So it is back to Stainz and myself again.

Th unit is The Empire of the Circuit's Home defense unit called the SecBot.
The Anim has the Attack, Death, Fidget, Fortify, Default, and Run anims.

Oh just in case anybody is wondering, i do not post the preview till the unit is done. 8D

Cheers Thorgrimm

Attachments

• SecBot.gif
    SecBot.gif
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,220
Here is a screenie of how the unit icons in the civilopedia will look like.

Cheers Thorgrimm

Attachments

• Mutant Melee unit icon.jpg
    Mutant Melee unit icon.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 1,185
This is first-rate. I've spent the last couple of days putting amesjustin's fallout resources into my post-nuke mod. Image my delight when I saw that a complete fallout mod was underway! I wish I had graphics skills to offer, but I can do grunt work with Pediaicons and Civilopedia files. Need any help in the written area?

@Camber, Absolutely! If you want it would be most appreciated if you could help with the pediaicans and civilopedia entries!! Since the mod looks like it is going to be over 100 mbs i am doing most of the work on CDG.
So if you wish to help just go here http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/site/main/portal.php a nd register then PM me, and we can work out the details. :)

Look forward to having you on the team!

Cheers Thorgrimm

Here is a multi-combo screenie. :D
It is a pic of the menu buttons in the upper left hand corner, but Stainz was not pleased with them. So they are going to be redone. A pic of the Behemoth icon, and the new font. With the font compare to the font in the previous post and let me know which is preferred. :)

Cheers Thorgrimm

Attachments

• Menu Buttons, Font, and Behemoth.jpg
    Menu Buttons, Font, and Behemoth.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 1,103
Sweet!

I was thinking the other day that a Mad Max/Road Warrior post-apocalyptic mod would be pretty cool, and Fallout fits the genre pretty well.

I think it can fit into civ3 pretty well, too. It might require you make resources scarce, and technology become available in a kind of haphazard fashion.

I can just imagine building a road to an old junkyard to connect that resource to Bartertown.

DD

@DogmaDog, they are scarce, and all units require a resource to be built.
An example is Rifle Infantry, requires Small Caliber Ammunition to be built. Ghoul units require Green Goo to be built, and the Mutants require Tribals to make their military units.
In fact the Enclave requires the Deathclaw resource to build their version of the deathclaws. :D

IIRC i posted a pic of the resources in game so far. If you look at it you can see such things as Pre-War Booze as a Luxury resource. :)

Cheers Thorgrimm

Yeah you posted a pic of the resource a little while ago. But I don't think it was here as you have mostly been posting the unit previews.

Top Bottom