Fallout mod.

Means the beta could be coming any day now, is my only guess.
I haven't made much. cause I've been busy installing new software, mainly freeware music programs and doing background research on projects.

Also texturing of the gun models has been a *****, since my programs loses materials in converting from lwo to 3ds/obj. Anyway.

This comes from DAZ 3d and is FO related, more like how Fallout would be if we created it ala FoT, so have a look for possible inspiration:

Thorgrimm said:
Flame, good suggestions, but I did a lil research on the jacksons chameleon and it has a skin pattern close to what you see. As I used a lizard skin bump map along with RGB measurements from the RPGs. Also I went back and played both Fallout and Fallout two, the DC's in the RPG's weren't hairy, but I did see the pic in the Fallout 1 manual with the hair on the arms, so it does bear some thought. :)

:nuke: Cheers Senior Elder Thorgrimm :nuke:

I was searching for stuff to delete from my hard drive to free up some space, and I re-discovered this pic. Should give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Watch the tail and neck amongst others.

-Also, I've uploaded the leather texture I've talked about before. Find it in my board.-

Attachments

• deathclaw.jpg
    deathclaw.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 698
I'm rendering a new unit, that takes too long to post today. Adding flic conversions and sounds, so it should be ready tomorrow. Take a preview in my thread, Wasteworld.

I expect at least some feedback here on it, as I didn't have any on the settler. Sounds, flics etc, in case I might benefit from for future units.
I assumed the settler was pretty crappy, since then is the only reason for no comments. If the same stands for this(no comments etc), I will still work on them, but only for Wasteworld.

Also, tell me if now you're working on units, you're doing them in 160 or 140.
Search for the files in my board aprox. midday US time, tomorrow.

Finally, after months of agony, life responsibilities and tangents, I bring you the walled cities:

Attachments

• walled city.jpg
    walled city.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 646
Hey. most impressive work there Reddog! Well worth the wait! :)
I'm posting to let now that I reworked the attack anim and so extra time was needed(6 hours), but I only need to do the flics and get or create sounds. so I'll posts the results early tomorrow(one has to sleep a bit).

Hope you'll like it. I'll post an in game screenie here except for the files in my board.

Here is the lastest version of the Terrainbuildings.pcx gfxs. Any suggestions before I finalize it would be welcome.

Attachments

• TerrainBuildings16m.jpg
    TerrainBuildings16m.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 607
I think it's awesome.
Btw, do you know of any handy terrain graphics tutorial thread? I want to implement some ideas of mine for a mod. :goodjob:

Edit:
Lol, I forgot to post my graphics yesterday.
I wanted a real post apoc in game screenie, so I modified the game an started playing ,but got hooked...

Btw, used some of the FoT units and a few seem to be unaligned, like the pipboy and the turret. Was this problem solved or does it come with the conversion?

Anyway, here's a preview of the shotgunner(name subject to change in Wasteworld) in game(looks better in game, for some reason it gets less quality in screencaps):

Well, everything is uploaded now, the full unit. Go get it from the board, I will prob erase this weekend.

Attachments

• Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 603
Thanks,
Well about the terrain tutorials I dont know of very many. I just looked at other peoples work and observed how they went about making gfxs. If you have a specific idea which you need help with I am glad to help.

Gents, I apoligize for my disappearence, as my butthead bro forgot to pay the net bill and it got shut off till today. :blush:

@ Reddog, I thought you had dropped off of the world. ;) Those cities are graet looking. Can you get them to me ASAP? The terrain icons look great, but could you make the goody hut a destroyed vault door?

@ Flamescreen, yes I am still working on units, only slowly. :D The normal units are using the size 175 x 175, and the muties are using 200 x 200, if I get your meaning correctly. I never commented on the settler as It was good for me. I WILL give more feedback on the vault shotgunner, I promise.

@ Flamescreen, regarding the FO:T units being unaligned, it can be fixed using Steph's SBB program and centering them on that. As I had the same problem and that is how I fix it. :)

:nuke: Cheers Senior Elder Thorgrimm :nuke:

Reddog said:
Hey thor, I just sent you the walled cities.

Reddog, I just checked my E-Mail, and no go on the cites. :hmm: Do you think you could send them again?

:nuke: Cheers Thorgrimm :nuke:

Could you PM me your email, I think I might have lost your address.

Reddog said:
Could you PM me your email, I think I might have lost your address.

Sent my friend. :)

Reddog, did you get my PM?

So, I've been busy modding for wasteworld these days ,so I didn't do anything else, but I wanted to work with the palettes, so I read some tutorials. The shotgunner seems fixed as unique, but i'm having some trouble with the citizen.

It will either have all the geck covered in civ color, or a few bits here and there, not too much probably unnoticeable, but it might look worst in 160(The reason I ask was for rendering time. Each shotgunner direction took about 3.5 hours, not to mention the corrections and post render work, since I'm rendering for 140 for wasteworld. Anyway, seems I can't escape doing both.)

The screencap here should display how it looks now(just be carefull not to give the civ a color that looks too striking). Select a version.
I'll be absent for a while, more than a week less than a month. Slight reworks on the shotgunner can be done, expecially the attacks(what is said, less frames etc), since I kept the animations, so if you want to ask something on that, do it now, so I see it when I'll be coming back.

Attachments

• Prisoned.bmp
    348.3 KB · Views: 499
% wize how much content has been added and how much is left before bug fixing and balancing?

I was going to ask something similar as well.
Do you think it will be ready by January/Feb 2006 Thorgrimm?

Also, I still don't see here any comments on the units I asked for. I certainly am not going to beg for it. It is accustomed to comment in positive or negative ways for art, right away, so that's why I haven't set a deadline.

But I also don't want to get a reply in years, so, you have till midnight Sunday the 17th July(East coast US time) for it(a month after I've send the prototypes)--regardless if I'll be around at that day. If you don't want more (VD)units you can just say so, I don't see what's the big deal.

I'll be sending the x160 versions and three buildings ASAP. Might take some time though, i have more in my hands now.

Hmm, I have'nt heard from Thor in a while now. Does anyone know what is going on?

Flamescreen your units are looking good :goodjob: keep up the nice work.

flamescreen said:
I was going to ask something similar as well.
Do you think it will be ready by January/Feb 2006 Thorgrimm?

Also, I still don't see here any comments on the units I asked for. I certainly am not going to beg for it. It is accustomed to comment in positive or negative ways for art, right away, so that's why I haven't set a deadline.

But I also don't want to get a reply in years, so, you have till midnight Sunday the 17th July(East coast US time) for it(a month after I've send the prototypes)--regardless if I'll be around at that day. If you don't want more (VD)units you can just say so, I don't see what's the big deal.

I'll be sending the x160 versions and three buildings ASAP. Might take some time though, i have more in my hands now.

Well, I hate to say it, but Real Life does have Priority over mod making, I have been in Iowa for the last two weeks.

As for the mod, It is in testable format now. Just everybody and their brothers have bailed, so I saw no reason to announce it. As nobody was around to help. Stainz has disappeared also, so the interface is only about half done, and other gfx are not complete either. Unit wise I have the models textured, but I can't animate them. Right now I am using placeholder gfx for the units, and that is what the playtesters will get.

To help playtest you have to have contributed something to the mod. The list of folks who may playtest if they wish, is as follows:

Flamescreen
Reddog
AmesJustin
Marine Corps
Recon 1591
Stainz

I am currently waiting on FTP access on Evo games, as that is the place where the playtesting will take place. If you are on the list and wish to playtest, give a shout on this thread. If you have contributed something to the mod and wish to playtest, but is not listed, Give a shout also.

Top Bottom