Fallout Submod: Previews

flamescreen

Ancient Mariner
It's rather early yet to post this thread, but I'm changing my sig and want to include some stuff in it, plus the space for pics is dropping and I have to pic were to post my personal previews.
This is not an antagonist of main FO mod. I'm a member of the team there, anyway.

This will be a scenario as I'm thinking it. Probably sometime after FO 2. Most of my stuff from FO mod will be here as well, I'm thinking of including more stuff though. The release date will hopefully be about a month after the main mod.

Some previews of stuff that will be on this mod(and also the main mod, which is turning to be one of the best mods, imho).

A settler type unit, the Citizen, and a robots(probably) building. Minor updates will be here, but major ones on the main thread(in my sig)

Attachments

• Citizen128.bmp
    48.1 KB · Views: 456
  • Scrap Mt Proc.jpg
    Scrap Mt Proc.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 432
Hi, some updates:
Tell me if you'd like this unit for the worker(He works people). I might just use that for a black vault guy.

Some details about my mod:
It will have extra leaderheads(mine), about 10 extra units(If I can help it - additional to the core mod's probably), Buildings, tech-tree, New Art in general, possibly new music.

Attachments

• Dude.JPG
    Dude.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 941
A minor update on the submod:

I've thought that the starting year for the best result in all possible purposes of my thoughts, will be 2273. Leaving room for some of the new elements brought in the FO world.

And some ancient concept art that was dropped in the process of creating more stuff. Partial made on poser, partially on Cinema4D.

The protagonist of the scenario will be a part-old, part-new civ, the "Vault Commonwealth". Traditional FO elements will also be present, of course, to the best of my abilities.

Attachments

• FOGrp1.jpg
    FOGrp1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 210
  • FOGrp2.jpg
    FOGrp2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 213
Some changes I've thought up recently:
The mod is now called "Wasteworld", as I've decided to add some little things from Wasteland were possible.

Also, some concept art of units in the works, as i'm beginning to feel better and more in co-ordination than I recently was. They'll probably change and I've not included tools or weapons, but you'll get an idea of what to expect at least.

I've included the worker again, cause I've made some changes(like making him look more athletic, as a worker would be). Probably not evident here, but will be evident on game.

The feet of your units look very :mischief: Planet of the Apes ... is this intentional :confused: ... has there been genetic mutation to the black and white male geneome :p ...

I really like the look of the luminescent 'unclean' trio in the top row ... I would imagine they would look really cool in-game :cool:

Look interesting ... Keep up good work

Regards :goodjob:

Well, the feet are of the models of Kinboat. i can't change that, as I'm not good in making my own models and use his(which are great in my view).
I think they look a lot like barefooted humans(or at worst case, mutants). Especially if you think I had in mind using 140x140 versions. The idea was to give them a primitive kind of shoes, but they look different than I expected in game.

But I've changed my mind and will use shoes for most, not just collored textures, though it's impossible to change the setter(with GECK) now.(So the answer is no, not intentional). I might keep the feet if I'll do tribals and such.

Those glowing things are supposed to be glowing ones(which were whitish in FO, but I'm afraid possible problems with pallettes might occur). The face smudge in particular is annoying, so if I can help it, it'll go.
The other one is a simple ghoul.

These are concepts, so I'll probably change them in course(Hair and maybe add clothing pieces), however. Thanks for the comments! :)

Some of those units are looking very Star Trek, don’t suppose you could do some simple modifications on them in the future to fulfil my trek unit needs? ;)

You request in a kind manner, but I'll probably not be able to help you.
Reason 1: I'm not your typical unit creator, in that I create stuff for my upcoming mods, not like Kinboat, aaglo, etc to cover the gap for modders.
Reason 2: Your idea for Trek land units is very good. saying so, cause I had it myself too, after Fallout mod and Wasteworld! :) So I have to save my limited skills for them mainly.

I might do you something, but only if I get the time, and I'm not making any promises. However release some details about the era your covering, so we don't fall into each other(But I'll probably have to change to my made up series, since I'm not seeing it in the forseeable future), in your thread, so if I'll make something i know it's close to what you need(again, that's NOT a promise, i'm expressing good will to help only).

Thanks! Well, there are a few problems with it, I've tested it on game, but only after Thorgrim posted it, I noticed the Geck looks slightly crappy(out of me forgetting to include the textures--to mention one glitch).
I might redo the default and other anims to correct that.

For a perfect version of how it should look, check out this thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=115350

Also, I am making new units and stuff, but the rendering will be on hold till I convert all of my 3d models and poser additions. I have beams and effects I want to use and it's taking time(since my drive space is close to zero--I NEED a DVD Writer, me thinks!!!).

If you're posting for comments here, so someone does, don't mind! :lol:
I don't. I expect people will after I'll release this, and even if not, I make it for myself, first and foremost. But thanks for the feedback, anyway. :)
I enjoy the exchange.

Yesw, months ago.
I have an x 140 version and an x160 version.
Thorgrimm has the first(0.8) version.

It's not public cause I want it to be as good looking as it can, and preferably not civ colored(it's meant to be a unique unit).

Also, I've promised the Fallout mod several units that they'll have first(Unless the mod is not out by Jan 2006, I plan to have my scenario ready for end jan or feb 2006).
The public can use version 1.0 or 1.1, that will be available with my mod/scen, Waste world.

Expect that for early 2006(sorry if it dissapoints you). Also, another reason for delay is Steph new tool, that will render Pedit obsolete. I have some trouble with palettes, so I'm waiting for it.

Here's a pic from a 3d creator's work I acquired and will use on combat FO units. Haven't textured them yet, I only got the models, but that shouldn't be a huge prob. I'll ask him if he wants his name posted here and then credit, else use his old(known to me) alias.

Attachments

• Overview11.JPG
    Overview11.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 644
So, I'm back from my leave, but now I've learned I'll have to do extra work for a while(which means more pay but also less time avail, almost none at all). So I don't know what I'll be able to do for a while and next, but anyway, here's some stuff I've done lately.
Hopefully you'll recognise them; also, I've changed the glowing one, but will keep the greener version, and the combat armor is closer to the original, but I'll need to add a backpack, if I'll find were I stored it.

So, enjoy. :)

Attachments

• Fallouters.jpg
    Fallouters.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 522
Do you still need any terrain I have some slightly modified snoppy’s terrain that could work for a fallout type mod or scenario ?

The mod, is not ready. I was relying the main mod will be out by Jan-Feb so I could take some of the FoT units I needed, but this seems unlikely, so I'll have to ask Thorgrimm if I can convert them, now he's gone the 3-d model way. If not, I might have to wait after he's done with RoC to release this.

So suggestions are welcomed, though I can't say I'll use them, be warned. I've layed out the characteristics, but not finalised ont the looks(have lots though). Send me a link in pm of how they look and I'll tell you if they're like what I have in mind. :)

Top Bottom