Fallout: Tame The Wastes bug reports

We could just strip all of the unnecessary stuff away and just keep in the DLL that we actually need.

Everything that I have added to the .dll, will be used eventually, and really I have no interested in taking backwards steps after all the time I already put into it...

I will get back to it eventually, i just need the energy and motivation to go talk to the mod makers and find the right questions to ask to find solutions to the issues.

Great Plains, standard size, normal speed.

Can't see anything on the tech pop-ups.

Can't read the descriptions on the Doctrines page, but figured out I could hover the mouse over the list in the Civilopedia.

The mouseover descriptions are so transparent that it's work to distinguish them from any background text.

Raging Barbs are useless when barbarians are too weak to matter.

Can't make fishing boats except through WorldBuilder.

Great Elder started very fast with the early Settlers, but didn't research +:science: techs to compensate for -:science: cities: he has 2 Survivors in 3 small (6,4,4) unhappy towns and is taking 150+ turns to research Workshop.

CTD -> deleted a Slaver N of Boston -> no CTD.

Enclave and NCR are doing best. I was expecting upkeep to kill them, but it hasn't yet.

Just switched to Wealth/Robo/Cit/Barter/Sim -> money out my ears.

Corporate icons are OK in the city display, but shifted one on the Map, Domestic and Corporate Advisors - e.g., Vinnie's gets the Iguana icon and Nuka-Cola gets no icon.

Did the Heavy Weapons tech found Ghouls? Or Capital City plus x turns? My missionaries can't spread it outside my and my Vassals' territories yet.

Couldn't build a Gun Locker with Ghouls, can with BoS; both had a Vault under their Capital. If this is intentional, maybe put a note in the 'Pedia.

Master, Enclave and Ghoul icons don't match their leaderheads.

Settlers are red globes, the Disorganized icon is a pink square, etc. ...

Ghouls suggestion I probably read elsewhere: a) no healing outside territory, double inside, b) allow spreading Rad Weeds/Rad Waste/Fallout (at techs ~ .2/.5/.8 through tech tree) atop improvements like Elves & Forest or Lizards & Swamp in FfH. This to give increased :hammers::commerce::food: and (Ghoul/enemy) unit healing/harming.

Can't see anything on the tech pop-ups. (I still don't know why this is happening, I don't have this bug..)

Can't read the descriptions on the Doctrines page, but figured out I could hover the mouse over the list in the Civilopedia. (still finding all of the glows in the display screens files)

The mouseover descriptions are so transparent that it's work to distinguish them from any background text. (Again still working through the display screen files)

Raging Barbs are useless when barbarians are too weak to matter. (Barbs should have access to almost all the same units as the regular factions? in what way are they weak?)

Can't make fishing boats except through WorldBuilder. (they shouldn't even be in the world builder, water tiles will not play any part in the mod for the foreseeable future, i will have to see why they are still in the worldbuilder?)

Great Elder started very fast with the early Settlers, but didn't research +:science: techs to compensate for -:science: cities: he has 2 Survivors in 3 small (6,4,4) unhappy towns and is taking 150+ turns to research Workshop. (Faction specific balancing has not been done yet, i am still working out how to get tech right with the tribals, one thing i plan to do is give them an obseleting building at the start of the game to help them through the early tech phase, overall I want to try and link tech with tribals through trade 'contact' with the outside world, but i am not sure how I will do all this yet.)

CTD -> deleted a Slaver N of Boston -> no CTD. ( what was the slaver doing, and where was he, in whose territory, could you tell who owned him? still trying to work out what is causing the problem with slavers.)

Enclave and NCR are doing best. I was expecting upkeep to kill them, but it hasn't yet. (How many cities do they have? I am still working through maintenance and economy, costs, etc.)

Just switched to Wealth/Robo/Cit/Barter/Sim -> money out my ears. (Still VERY early days with civic implmentation)

Corporate icons are OK in the city display, but shifted one on the Map, Domestic and Corporate Advisors - e.g., Vinnie's gets the Iguana icon and Nuka-Cola gets no icon. Hmmm that is weird.. don't know why that would happen...)

Did the Heavy Weapons tech found Ghouls? Or Capital City plus x turns? My missionaries can't spread it outside my and my Vassals' territories yet. ( (political ideology (religion) should found with capital city tech, what is the reason you cannot spread it? have i not put open borders abilities in?)

Couldn't build a Gun Locker with Ghouls, can with BoS; both had a Vault under their Capital. If this is intentional, maybe put a note in the 'Pedia. (I think it may only be available for BoS Enclave and mutants, i am currently toying with the idea of extending the founding mechanic to not allow other factions to found on vaults)

Master, Enclave and Ghoul icons don't match their leaderheads. (yeah the leaderheads are all still WIP, so I haven't bothered updating the button art)

Settlers are red globes, the Disorganized icon is a pink square, etc. ... (Yeah settler art some how got left out in the last upload, i don't know how I managed to do it, I also accidentally deleted the old disorganised button art, all the promo art will be changing eventually anyway, so I haven't bothered to fix it, also disorganised will not remain a ghoul trait.)

Ghouls suggestion I probably read elsewhere: a) no healing outside territory, double inside, b) allow spreading Rad Weeds/Rad Waste/Fallout (at techs ~ .2/.5/.8 through tech tree) atop improvements like Elves & Forest or Lizards & Swamp in FfH. This to give increased :hammers::commerce::food: and (Ghoul/enemy) unit healing/harming. I haven't started properly applying faction specific content, but these are in essence the sort of things that I want to do.)

I have to put five letters here

Can't see anything on the tech pop-ups. (I still don't know why this is happening, I don't have this bug..)

hmmm i dont understand - i gave you fix for this
also i found fix fox tech splash screen on research finishing
K-Fallout\Assets\Python\Screens\CvTechSplashScreen.py
string 133

# Icon Panel
szIconPanel = "IconPanelGlow"
screen.addPanel( szTextPanel, "", "", true, true,
szTextPanel need to be replaced with szIconPanel
self.X_ICON_PANEL, self.Y_ICON_PANEL, self.W_ICON_PANEL, self.H_ICON_PANEL, PanelStyles.PANEL_STYLE_BLUE50 )
screen.setStyle(szIconPanel, "Panel_Blue50_Style")

OR remove this block - as it dont show anything new, then corrected

it depends what people mean by can't see, if they mean nothing is appearing, then I don't have that problem, if it is the 'glow', that I have already spoken at length about the glow issue, and the fact that for some unknown reason none of my modifications are taking effect in the techsplashscreen, I have already found the code that should fix this screen, but when i make changes nothing happens

without this fix i see blank green screen, with no pictograms\text at all
after i found that error and fixed CvTechSplashScreen.py - i got tech splash with text and pictograms.

i must say that i downloaded clean install from three provided files - so no old\broken install was present

That was fast! Thanks, Lib.

Just to elaborate on the tech pop-up: I get a greenish square and can't tell if there is any greenish writing or greenish buttons on it.

All the Barbs I saw were a tech or three below me. Since I was playing from the front at a low difficulty I guess it's to be expected.

CTD: Well, Boston is Enclave. The Slaver seemed to be Barbarian; is there a way to distinguish Hidden Nationality from Barb? Its AI said ~"Exploration" IIRC. It was one tile north of Boston and there was an Enclave Worker to its NW.

Enclave/NCR: ~6/4 cities. I quit that one and started another with BoS (I'm cheating and laying down Vaults; I didn't realize they needed them to found cities on). This one is Tribes/Mafia/Enclave (9/4/5 cities) at the top after me, Mafia 2nd because of a big tech trade with me.

Ghouls religion: I wonder why the delay? Open Borders: I seemed to have it only with the Vassals; I couldn't set an Envoy destination more than a tile inside the others. Is there a tech that allows Open Borders? I saw some Sheriffs, but those are "Can Explore Rival Territory" units.

I just remembered: last game I had enough espionage points to look in the Tribal cities, and none of them seemed to be getting food from trade routes. Maybe the cities were too small or the food showed up in the food section rather than trade routes, but you may want to double-check.

Add one: the Search Parties tech says "Can build a Scavenger Base", but I can still only make Scavenger Camps.

Maybe I'll play a Slavery-running Super Mutant on a slower speed and try to find out something you don't already know.

i can make screenshots for you so you can see what i mean if i not enough clear....
without my fix game write python errors ...

mm lets talk in chat or IM ? - i think we dont understand each other)))

do you turned off caching? better turn it off , as it can influence situation like this)

Second - if i understand you correctly - you trying to change appearance of tech splash screen and not the content of it?

Ok guys, we think!?!? we have found a solution to the tech screen issue, it will be in the next version, for now if you have a problem, try changing the tech splash screen setting in the BUG options (Press Esc key) It's under 'General' tab bottom left, eventually this will want to be set to 'Detailed' when I upload the fixed version, but for now try them all and see if any work right for you!

Hi my game won't even load up. I have extracted the files into the mods folder but all I get is the Byond the Sword logo for a second then nothing.

hmmm... this is the second person who has had a problem like this... I have no idea what the problem might be.

One possibility is to try extracting the folder somewhere else (like the desktop) then moving it into the mod folder in your bts install, I think some people (maybe even me at one time or another) have had problems extracting mods directly to the mods folder.

hmmm... this is the second person who has had a problem like this... I have no idea what the problem might be.

One possibility is to try extracting the folder somewhere else (like the desktop) then moving it into the mod folder in your bts install, I think some people (maybe even me at one time or another) have had problems extracting mods directly to the mods folder.

I have also tried that I have even put another mod in and am getign the same problem I wonder if it is my computer.

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\K-Fallout

This is the Address to the folder is this correct?

Top Bottom