Fanatikou needs a flag.

I like it, Plexus. Let's go with D70000 and Yellow.

Kuángeré: Fanatic

Attachments

• kuangere.gif
    kuangere.gif
    358 bytes · Views: 90
•¶–¾–ӐMŽÒ was babelfish's translation, which translated back to "Civilized blind letter"

Well they were Chinese characters until I psted them here anyway.

Dont align the stars perfectly.

I have a slightly different look for the flag in my mind:

The red field is consistent with the Civilization Fanatics Center Forum theme (at least the more popular one), and is woven in memory of all our youths who have given their lives so that our nation can become strong.

The crown represents the rule of law which we hold dear and shall preserve above all else. The horse, consistent with our most-feared unique unit - the Rider, is equally representative of beauty, grace and power; qualities that we shall exhibit in all of our actions throughout the game.

Well, the crown is more Monarch like, thus we should either start calling our citzens Barons are we should go mor democratic? I like your red more...

i think we should combine the two.

Yes, the crown is more monarch-like, but didn't think a hanging chad would be a good symbol for a flag.

Besides, I think a crown can represent more than just a monarch as it is often used to represent the pinnacle of achievement or the best of something.

:lol: Well, 40J. I like your flag, too. For me, the crown represents the ruling class and it looks like the flag symbolizes the ruling class equals a horses ass, so we might want to discuss that. :D

That's way too funny for me. I say go with Plexus' flag. That's a cool flag.

Originally posted by Cyc
:lol: Well, 40J. I like your flag, too. For me, the crown represents the ruling class and it looks like the flag symbolizes the ruling class equals a horses ass, so we might want to discuss that. :D

That's way too funny for me. I say go with Plexus' flag. That's a cool flag.

I looked at it again from this view, and it also POINTS at the horses rear. Thanks to you this current version is no longer credible to me :lol:

Originally posted by Hygro

I looked at it again from this view, and it also POINTS at the horses rear. Thanks to you this current version is no longer credible to me :lol:

Thats what I thought the moment I saw it... Not the best way to publicise our team...

I personally like Plexus' flag, except with a better translation. Dont ask me why, but the red commie colours dont really bother me.

I like 40J's flag as well. One thing I think could be improved: as the red changes slightly you can see lines, is there any way to remove those? I propose that we mix the two flags, as they are both great. Instead of the crown on 40J's flag, we can put the stars?

I tend to think it would be more beautiful with a blue background of some sort.

And the crown could be replaced with an eagle or something, if we plan to go for republic...

And those chinese letter did look good. It puts some mystery into our flag, as the other players want know for sure what it stands for - that is untill they do a proper translation of it.

While I can see the concern with being associated with a horse's posterior, I assure you there was no hidden meaning behind my previous proposal.

So, I have taken a little from Plexus' previous proposal and modified mine a little to boot. Here's the next version:

Changed the color scheme a bit, added some cloud like gradient features.

Attachments

• fanatikouflag4.gif
    fanatikouflag4.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 89
Plexus, I'm sure your translation is quite accurate. I was just having a bit of fun with babelfish :)

Plexus, the new flag looks even better I must say.

40J Your new flag is much better than the first.

I say we work to combine the two further: Have the stars were the crown was, and put the characters across the whole thing or something like that.

Originally posted by Hygro
Plexus, I'm sure your translation is quite accurate. I was just having a bit of fun with babelfish :)

Plexus, the new flag looks even better I must say.

40J Your new flag is much better than the first.

I say we work to combine the two further: Have the stars were the crown was, and put the characters across the whole thing or something like that.

Very good idea. Make the text very translucid, and then apply it over the rest of the flag. It is very frustrating that I can't participate in this because I lack the required software.

Top Bottom