[Fantasy] Dragon

Chalid

Black Dragon
Dragon Version 0.3
This unit is not a stand alone Mod. You have to define XML for the unit yourself.

Here comes my Dragon. Right now you see two of my three Dragon Flavours. Flavour Horned and Flavor Aquatic. Flavor Armored is ready and waiting for awesome skins which are provided by C.Roland. :)

Now some information about the model itself:
  • The Polycount of the Dragon is aproximatly 3500-3800 polys (dependend on the model).
  • Total time to produce it was approx 80 hours.
  • It features 3 Idle-animation sequences, 3 melee attacks, 2 ranged attacks, 5 different death sequences, and 3 fidget sequences.
  • A 3rd ranged attack as well as alternative running animations are planned for a later release.
  • This model is available for three dragon types that share the same basic model and animations, but differ in the detail meshes. They are named flavour_horned, flavour_aquatic and flavour_armored.
  • It's awesome (recommended by TGA)

The optimal CIV4ArtDefinesUnit settings are contained in the readme-file (dragon_general.zip)

Known issues:
  • Some of the Animations do not yet loop to nicely.
  • No Sound effects included, but triggers are there.
  • The Dragon does not support Team color (Why should it ;) ?)
  • Due to their size dragons fighting dragons look ... not very good ... unfortunateley there is not much that can be done about this. I fear....

Each dragon comes as combination of three zip Files.
The first one (dragon_general download here) is needed for every dragon but only once. It containes the effects as well as some readmes (read them...). Make sure you defined your Effects and Sounds in a correct way (at least if you want to have those).
Furthermore you need one model (including the skins, see below) and one set of animations for each dragon (next Post, must be copied in the same folder with the model/skins).

Here come previews of the skin-model combinations that have been created. The credit for the skins goes to C.Roland and his great skinning abilities. Downloads are linked in the bold names.

dragon_green(horned):

dragon_red(horned) and dragon_bright_red(horned):

dragon_blue(aquatic) and dragon_blue_firn(horned):

dragon_black(aquatic), dragon_black_green(aquatic), dragon_black_spiked(horned) and dragon_black_horned(partially aquatic):

Golden Dragons here... .. to many images ...

dragon_general_v03.zip

Here are some screenshots of animations. The zips are linked with the names.

Older Models might not work with new animations.
So make sure you have the newest models from the thread above (v0.2 or v0.3 at the moment)

Animationset dragon_fire:
Firebolt Attack and Firebreath Attack

Animationset dragon_ice:
Icebreath Attack and Icebolt Attack

Animationset dragon_toxic_fumes(purple):
Fumes Attack and Fumes Bolt

Animationset dragon_toxic_fumes(green):
Fumes Attack and Fumes Bolt

Animationset dragon_golden_glow:
Holybreath Attack

Version-History
Spoiler Version-History :

v0.3 Special Effects
Added 3 further Animation sets
Added the utilized special effects to dragon_general
Added one more skin

v0.2 First complete release
Added a lot of different skins by C.Roland and one more model Flavor
Added two different sets of Animations including special effects
Added Sound Hooks

v0.1 Initial release
No skins, no effects

Mods that use one or more of those Dragons:
Fall from Heaven II v0.12
Eragon Mod

If you want to use this dragon please give credit and leave a note here or drop a PM. This is that you will be informed if new additions are made to the Unit (which i hope to do).

Yess first post!

I'm speechless.

That is the best Dragon I have ever seen.
Awesome Awesome Awesome job Chalid
Surprisingly, this will be in the Star Wars Mod as the Krayt Dragon!

Can I just say, F****** AMAZING! Absolutely awesome! :eek: :woohoo:

Chalid said:
Now some information about the model itself:
  • The Polycount of the Dragon is aproximatly 3500 polys.
  • Total time to produce it was 41 hours.
  • It features 3 Idle-animation sequences, 3 melee attacks, 2 ranged attacks, 5 different death sequences, and 3 fidget sequences.
  • A 3rd ranged attack as well as alternative running animations are planned for a later release.
  • This model is the first of a planned series of three dragon types that share the same basic model and animations, but differ in the detail meshes (this model is the flavor "Horns" model).
  • Here are some screenshots of the Dragon in the game:
You forgot:
  • It's awsome
I'm speechless.

Amazing Chalid, this is arguably the best original model so far pasted on this site.

This must be combined with Bacons <bFlying> ability!

Impaler[WrG] said:
Amazing Chalid, this is arguably the best original model so far pasted on this site.

You beat me to it. ;)

Yeah, the whole <bFlying> for the gunship thing was a smokescreen. My real love is in fantasy mods and this dragon just moved to the top of my "must have" list. :)

Roger Bacon

Awsome, just awsome. :goodjob:

Goodness graciousness! Excellent model :goodjob:

Best model anyone ever has done so far :goodjob:
i suppose we will se it in ffh when it's completely done :)

a dream for every fantasy mod came true. Chalid rules!

dragon_gold_white, dragon_gold_uni, dragon_gold_yellow and dragon_gold_horned

Impaler[WrG] said:

In FfH we use the water walking promotion for it. And that seems more fitting as the model does not fly but walk. Unfortunately walking on water does not look to good (for any unit).
I would have loved to make a multidomain land/air unit out of the dragon but the problem is that all movements use the same animation (Eventcode X010). So one can not tell the game that the dragon should use the flying animation for airstrikes and the walking animation for running around :(.

Maybe i'll make an completely flying dragon at some point but that is far in the future.

great work:goodjob: iv been waiting for one of these (rubs hands together)

Top Bottom