• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FAQ's on Installation & Patches

so im trying to download the patch for bts via the update function and my computer has been sitting here for 2 hours telling me i cant go anywhere because the patch is installing,, is this normal or is my comp just sitting here with a frozen program running?

long time player and quite because of too many bugs but thought id try it again as friends have started playing,, so far im not impressed, again.
From what I gathered while looking on how to fix my problem, I think I read somewhere the link to "update fuction" to update patches for BTS was broken(via update from game) and that you had to get it directly from somewhere else.

You can goto Firaxis.com site or use the link from forum for the 3.17 BTS patch.

I bought Civ 4: Gold and I have recently bought BtS. After learning about how awesome mods and scenarios can be (I had never tried them in 10 years of Civ'ing) I wanted to be able to use them all in one place (Such as within the BtS menu).

I had moved the contents of the warlords Mod folder into my BTS mod folder. Now the Warlords scenarios show up but when I goto load them they crash with XLS errors? Is there a way to make this work or will I have to just use the 3 different exes?

I bought Civ 4: Gold and I have recently bought BtS. After learning about how awesome mods and scenarios can be (I had never tried them in 10 years of Civ'ing) I wanted to be able to use them all in one place (Such as within the BtS menu).

I had moved the contents of the warlords Mod folder into my BTS mod folder. Now the Warlords scenarios show up but when I goto load them they crash with XLS errors? Is there a way to make this work or will I have to just use the 3 different exes?

No you can't.
You need the BTS disk and game loaded for BTS mods,
Warlords disk and game loaded for Warlords mods.

There are many, many awesome mods. :D

Welcome to the Forums. :beer:

Hello, I'm new to this forum and would like to get some help setting up bts on a vista machine. I have CIV and the 1.74 patch will not load because it is saying that i have an ver. 1.09 installed already if I can't install the patch how do I play bts. it just will not install. please help finish civ to quickly.

Wouldn't it make sense to use your modding powers to update the OP to the current patches?

it would - as would updating the FAQ in the Tech Support section which still has civ4 and 1.09 as the only game/patch - and I will get around to it - but it requires some work to update it correctly and I did not yet have time to do so. But I will get around to it, eventually :)

hello i just got beyond the sword i had civ from steam and was playing with the last patch and i got beyond the sword on cd when i try to install it tell me that it found update for civ 4 but my civ 4 is already updated to 1.7.4 then the it say the patch failed to intall abording intallation and then close everything

is anyone there?

plzzzzzzzzz can sumone help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Let me see if I understand.
You installed Civ IV from Steam.
You are trying to install BTS from CD (Not Steam).
Is this right?

it is possible that this can be fixed with some registry editing - though unlike some versions of Gold Edition I doubt that this is possible with anything Steam puts out there. Again: do you know anything about the regedit program? If not I would highly recommend to a) ask Steam if their program actually supports cd based expansion packs and b) contact Take2 to ask them for help with this install - the digital distribution is badly mismanaged for this game and I would not like to add to this by making you screw up your operating system :gripe:

I see I crossposted with ori. I agree with his post - first check with Steam.
You'll probably have to download BTS from them - the 3.17 BTS patch as well.

Top Bottom