Favorite random events

All melee units get a cover (+25% vs. archers) promotion.

Rush tiiiime!

The free March promo is quite nice, as is the anti-inflation one. However, my favorite was the Horticulture event. It seemed to happen every game, and just provided a nice early boost to the health cap. Unfortunately, it's broken with mods for some reason, so I haven't seen it since I've been exclusively playing LoR.

Assasination of the president is my favourite. Its a new event from my mod aswell as event images!

The one i HATE is tornado and LIKE the computer game one :p

Also hate the fire one that loses my factories!

My favorite is not having any

inb4TMIT

The inflation one is my favorite (pay a couple hundred gold for a 25% inflation discount? Yes please!). The one where you can get free support for 20 units (interstate highway?) is a close second.

My favorite is not having any

inb4TMIT

Just because I look at GD slightly less often than S&T :sad:.

Like many other expansion-added gameplay aspects, events grossly lack balance, any shred of playtesting-based improvement, and have been left untouched in favor of any other number of "changes" that were deemed necessary, like forcing players to game spawn mechanics to deal with barb galleys (wanna bet they didn't test them at high levels or larger maps or BOTH?) or introducing bugs (like overflow in 3.19) and then after realizing such was done, never changing it (can't we get a 3.19a or b when it's KNOWN something introduced a bug within a day or so of release? ONE person found that sucker within hours of the patch, simply by playing and seeing how it affected overflow! ONE player!)

My personal favorites:

Vedic Aryans
Bermuda Triangle (preferably to your large naval stack)
AI gets tanks and forces you to declare war.

I sincerely hope that anyone who likes them gets the above repeatedly ;).

Just because I look at GD slightly less often than S&T :sad:.

Like many other expansion-added gameplay aspects, events grossly lack balance, any shred of playtesting-based improvement, and have been left untouched in favor of any other number of "changes" that were deemed necessary, like forcing players to game spawn mechanics to deal with barb galleys (wanna bet they didn't test them at high levels or larger maps or BOTH?) or introducing bugs (like overflow in 3.19) and then after realizing such was done, never changing it (can't we get a 3.19a or b when it's KNOWN something introduced a bug within a day or so of release? ONE person found that sucker within hours of the patch, simply by playing and seeing how it affected overflow! ONE player!)

My personal favorites:

Vedic Aryans
Bermuda Triangle (preferably to your large naval stack)
AI gets tanks and forces you to declare war.

I sincerely hope that anyone who likes them gets the above repeatedly ;).
I have never seen the Bermuda Triangle event... what happens there?

I like events, they add flavor, though it is a bummer sometimes.
I like the gold rush, because :gold: = :science:, every little bit helps!
I also like the free tanks!!!

Events that give free golden ages are always useful albeit cheesy

I have never seen the Bermuda Triangle event... what happens there?

I like events, they add flavor, though it is a bummer sometimes.
I like the gold rush, because :gold: = :science:, every little bit helps!
I also like the free tanks!!!

The problem with an event that forces a civ to DoW is that it triggers defensive pacts, wars vs vassals that otherwise could not declare, etc.

Bermuda triangle wipes out every single naval unit on the tile it strikes. If you have a big naval SoD, this event can hang an L on your record vs the AI (or in MP, if someone is for an unknown reasons willing to play in games with events on). Yes, it can sink 20 battleships, 15 carriers, and 15 transports if it hits that tile, of course killing every land and air unit loaded also.

My favorite is any detrimental event suffered by the AI. :D

For myself, the inflation event, and the one where Axemen get the Shock promotion.

Since I love playing as Rome so much, I am fond of the Swordsmen quest that results in a free City Raider I promotion for all my Praetorians. Yeah, I know, like they weren't overpowered enough to begin with. :blush:

Lately though, I've been playing with events off (along with vassals, goody huts, and advanced start), and while I miss the positive events, it's nice not having to worry about or deal with the negative ones, because I agree with TMIT that many of them are unbalanced.

Now if there was just a way to turn sea barbs off while leaving land barbs on...

The Balanced Axe Handles, Tower Shields, and the inflation thing, are all fun, but overpowered.

Actually, I enjoy all random events, whether they happen to me or my enemies, because they really add to the unpredictabillity/what happens next?/ one more turn factors. (the exceptions
are the useless Holy Mt., Blessed Sea, and the pre-patch recurring mine dissaster.)

I like any kind of event that gives me gold, like the city walls bringing in +1 gold, or people flocking to the city to change currency. Plus the spreading religion one is really good, saves me from building missionaries.

I just hate jilted brides ... what did I do to wreck the marriage and get -1 attitude?

Since I love playing as Rome so much, I am fond of the Swordsmen quest that results in a free City Raider I promotion for all my Praetorians. Yeah, I know, like they weren't overpowered enough to begin with. :blush:

Lately though, I've been playing with events off (along with vassals, goody huts, and advanced start), and while I miss the positive events, it's nice not having to worry about or deal with the negative ones, because I agree with TMIT that many of them are unbalanced.

Now if there was just a way to turn sea barbs off while leaving land barbs on...

If I remember correctly Neal got the quest and the tower shields in a KoTW he was playing with Rome. Talk about cheese when he started his Praet rushes.

Top Bottom