1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite random events

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Killazeke14, May 28, 2010.

1. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Emperor

Wait, that's how far it is for that golden age? Then, if there is ever a canada civ in Civ, they should get 50 golden ages because of Terry Fox.

2. Brian Shanahan

Brian Shanahan Permanoob

Well that is a distortion of history just to justify the running of a 26 mile race in the modern Olympics. Phillipides actually ran from Athens to Sparta and back to tell them about the landings at Marathon, but of course because it was at the time of the Carneia so the Spartans didn't get to the battle until after it was over.

3. Brownsfan02

Brownsfan02 WWII Buff

i like the one where one of your guys finds oil. i despise the barbarians spawning on my borders

4. kamex

kamex Emperor

i find it amusing how you can get the improved gallys event when you have no coastal cities!

5. Aron Times

Aron Times Chieftain

The thinly-veiled Bush v. Gore event is hilarious and painful for us Democrats. And so is the fast food one.

6. vicawoo

vicawoo Chieftain

Gold rush9

7. qyll

qyll Prince

Okay. I just got a random event that I've never gotten before:

Pick one:

1) All gunpowder units promoted to march
    2) +2 :) in all cities

Holy moley!

8. Merovinge

Merovinge Warlord

The random events are cool, but insanely powerful in some cases. The +2 health in all cities if you invest in the jungle cure is pretty nuts too, although less so than the one you got.

9. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Emperor

What is number 2's cost?

10. qyll

qyll Prince

It's all free, but I gather that you have to run police state for a while. I ran police state for a couple hundred turns and got that event.

11. fdgsgds

fdgsgds Mustard Enthusiast

It's cool to control the only spice resource because of that event that creates one next to a city for you (and for ~25 gold it is automatically improved with a route).

Greed is also fun because it provides a goal for you and it's always fun to hit a much stronger nation for that one copper resource :).

12. w2w2w

w2w2w Warlord

I like the great beast
    selling parrots/prairie dogs
    musket man quest
    leading producer in Tin is great
    and anything that increases population like gold rush.

13. Stolen Rutters

Stolen Rutters Deity

I second greed, you get 100 turns to take copper or iron from a neighbor. It helps me focus on what I should be doing anyway.

14. Fife

Fife Chieftain

I like the one where you get to chose a leader after your nation dynasty dies out.

15. NihilZero

NihilZero WHEOOHRNY

I've never seen most of these events that you're all talking about. Maybe I should turn them on more often. I generally don't bother with them as it's usually tornados and volcanos, I find. Gets a bit tedious replacing your buildings and tile improvements constantly.

16. vicawoo

vicawoo Chieftain

Early greed is terrible. You get units based out of the closest city, which would be the captured city, in which all military buildings are destroyed. So you get completely un-upgraded units, and you have to have the tech for them, which you often haven't done because you don't have the resource for horse archers/swordsmen. And on a standard map you get like 4 of them.

If I've won the war, I often end up deleting those units to save on maintenance.

17. Fife

Fife Chieftain

It is called new dynasty. If one of your opponents gets it, it will say," The civ name royal line has died out. A new faction has claim the throne and is of to a roaringly sucessful start." I like it because you get to choose a great person. :goodjob:

18. markiz2001

markiz2001 Chieftain

my favorite is:

there is a famine, give food, get +3 relations.

this helps with diplomacy alot.

19. bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer Steppin' up!

The Hurricane one, if it doesn't happen to you......

bestrfcplayer

20. Dr.Null

Dr.Null forIhavetastedthesushi

I even like positive events (like "tower shields") when they happen to the AIs. Shaka got tower shields? Okay, don't mess with him until Gunpowder.

Some are fairly crap -- like all the barbarian invasions ones, they either do nothing or wreck game balance -- but most of them seem to add some spice to my games.