• Militaristic

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Agricultural

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • Seafaring

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters
My top three:
1) Agricultural - early growth is a HUGE factor which will impact the rest of the game.
2) Scientific - cheap libraries, free techs, and a higher probability of a scientific great leader make this trait valuable.
3) Religious - cheap temples and cathedrals are good for happiness and culture while one turn anarchy really helps with quick government changes allowing you to more flexible with your style of play.

Seafaring is dead last?? :eek:

Whoa, this poll is like the invertion of my preference. Goes to show traits are pretty well balanced after all.

Or maybe I'm just weird. :crazyeye:

slightlymarxist said:
Whoa, this poll is like the invertion of my preference. Goes to show traits are pretty well balanced after all.
Yeah. One man's rubbish might be another's treasure. ;)

expansionist is useless after the first 50 or so turns....

industrial rules followed closely by agri

slightlymarxist said:
Seafaring is dead last?? :eek:

Or maybe I'm just weird. :crazyeye:
I'm really shocked on that, too. Alphabet is extremely important, and this is definately the funnest trait to play with.

Agricultural beats seafaring, but seafaring is second or third in my book.

Commercial is definately my favorite, but a close second is Agricultural. I'm also quite partial to Religious. Scientific is ok, but can live without. Industious is nice for the worker speed, but not really all that importanat to me.

Seafaring.

I love extra commerce from turn 1. I'm a tech junkie and Seafaring boosts research a lot. 3-movement unit from turn 1 is also great. There are downsides, the main one being corruption. I even play Seafaring civs on Pangaea maps (frequently.) The upshot of the corruption is you are easier to defend. And here's a tip: playing Seafaring on Pangaea or Continents, always build your 2nd city inland, not on the coast.

To those picking Expansionist, you must have different experiences from me. In fact, to read your posts it sounds like you are the only civ exploring the map, popping every single goody hut. When I play expansionist I usually get about 4 or 5 huts before I run into neighbors. The huts by them are mostly all popped, especially if THEY are expansionist.

I like the more "fun" options, not the ones that make you uber strong, and that's why I would never pick Agricultural. Playing an Agricultural civ - especially Sumeria - is like knocking the difficulty down half a step. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's OVERpowered, but it's definitely the most powerful. Even so, that doesn't make it my favorite :)

P.S. Yes, I do hit 'E' on my scouts so they go straight to the huts.

Just because a civ is militaristic, does not mean they are a good choice for warmongering, My fastest win was a domination at 280 AD with the Celts, they are superb warmongers with the seemingly peaceful Agri- Relig combo, they have quite simply one of the best UUs in the game definetely best in AA,where as the mongols with the tailor made warmonger traits expan-milit, suck for warmongering in the fact that they have arguably one of the worst UUs in the game assuredly worst in middle ages, and expansionitsic is a waste in my opinion simply because after the AA you are essentially playing with only one trait, whereas even the weak mitiltaristic trait continues to pay dividends the rest of the game.

I just score 7091 pts on a domination win with the celts. Not exactly HOF material, but its the best score I ever had by 2000 points.

Top Bottom