FBUG Re-name?

What should the Flavorful version be called?

• Flavorful BUG (FBUG)

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Diversity

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Taste Mod

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Who cares anyway?

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
BEEF

BtS Extra Ethnic Flavor

:)

Uhm... this mod is intended to include everything that can be added using xml files, if I'm not wrong. So, I think that the name must be kept more general, not directly refering to Ethnic difference.
Diversity is general enough, so I voted for it.

I missed some of the back and forth ... is FBUG an expansion or a stand alone mod?

Edit: Just re-read. It is an expansion. Thus I like FBUG but we need to say it is an expansion pack to the wildly successful BUG mod.

I missed some of the back and forth ... is FBUG an expansion or a stand alone mod?

Edit: Just re-read. It is an expansion. Thus I like FBUG but we need to say it is an expansion pack to the wildly successful BUG mod.

Well, actually it's both of them.
It's a stand-alone expansion.
It doesn't include BUG, but it doesn't require it either: if somebody wants the flavor stuff but not the bug stuff, he can install only the FBUG mod.

It doesn't include BUG, but it doesn't require it either: if somebody wants the flavor stuff but not the bug stuff, he can install only the FBUG mod.

That's why we need a new name. The only thing FBUG has in common with BUG is some of the team members. And lots of confusion. ;)

My name BEEF was a joke. I was trying to start the brainstorming of names that have a similar theme to BUG (BtS XXX) that form some sort of food/animal name as an acronym. This maintains the connection to BUG without implying that it includes the BUG code (and all the confusion that ensues). I originally thought FBUG was going to require (and thus include) BUG. Now that it doesn't, it's just painful for the users trying to get both and us answering the same query again and again.

BAT: BtS Artistic T?
BEAR: BtS Ethnic and Artistic R?

It's too early for my creative juices. :)

To clarify (or confuse) even further, FBUG 0.06 did contain BUG 0.16, but going forward it will no longer?

I know the only thing I installed was FBUG 0.06 and I have all of the extra stuff like Enhanced Domestic Advisor, Civ4lerts, etc. When I do Ctrl-Alt-o I get the options menu.

Yep, from now on FBUG will not contain BUG in zip and exe files.

Phew, I'm not crazy... or at least not as crazy as I thought. :lol:

Well - if FBUG doesn't need BUG, then we should kick it out of our BUG forum! Only kidding.

What about ...

BtS Uni-nation Graphics
BtS Ultimate Gamestyle
BtS Advanced Regional Flavor

My name BEEF was a joke. I was trying to start the brainstorming of names that have a similar theme to BUG (BtS XXX) that form some sort of food/animal name as an acronym. This maintains the connection to BUG without implying that it includes the BUG code (and all the confusion that ensues). I originally thought FBUG was going to require (and thus include) BUG. Now that it doesn't, it's just painful for the users trying to get both and us answering the same query again and again.

BAT: BtS Artistic T?
BEAR: BtS Ethnic and Artistic R?

It's too early for my creative juices. :)

i like your idea :goodjob:

So, what about BAT BtS Artistic Things? :D

Ruff said:
BtS Advanced Regional Flavor
BARF? Is there something you're trying to tell me... :lol:

BAT sounds good to me :).
Can anyone think of words for the BED acronym? Other than Bts Ethnic Diversity? (BEDBUG :D)
Bigger Expansion Divedend* [for] Bts Unaltered Gameplay?

*Supposedly this means an addition

Bigger Expansion Delivered [for your] Bts Unaltered Gameplay

Suggested name: BTS Ethnic Artstyles Mod (BEAM)

"BUG" is a great catchphrase but is also useful to describe the mission of the mod. BTS unaltered gameplay is a great summation of what the mod does, it enhances stuff but doesn't alter gameplay.

This mod has a separate mission: it doesn't alter gameplay either - it changes unit artstyles. The name should reflect that narrow mission.

I like it as is. Alot of people are already familiar with BUG, so why squash it? ;) hehe

To clarify, we are not renaming BUG. We are renaming FBUG, the flavorful mod created by some of the BUG developers that doesn't include or depend on BUG.

Think of it this way. BUG is a Chevy Nova, and a bunch of the guys working at Chevy decided to start refining gasoline that can be used to fuel any type of car, but they called it Novocaine. This implies some dependency -- like you can't use it to fuel a Dodge truck -- that doesn't exist, causing confusion.

BtS Flavor Expansion - BFE

"Welcome to BFE"

[some may not get the joke, which might be a good thing :)]

Top Bottom