FCC's Foreign Aid Fund

blackheart

unenlightened
There is currently 900 gold set aside to use as foreign aid to help other nations get back on their feet. This thread is for discussing how to spend it (lump sum or gpt) and who to give it to.

I suggest give Rome and Iroquois some gold, to ease their suffering and better improve our relationship.

I suggest give Rome and Iroquois some gold, to ease their suffering and better improve our relationship.

Nothing will improve our relationships. And Rome just signed a trade embargo against us.

But other than that, aid away. might i sugest babylon, Aztecs should be key recepitants of our aid.

Yeah, Rome and the Iro's aren't going to be smiling at us for a while. Can I ask how this Foriegn Aid policy got started? It must have been before I joined up.

Nobody said:
Nothing will improve our relationships. And Rome just signed a trade embargo against us.

I have to agree with Nobody. Sadly, the scars we inflicted on Rome during the Roman Conquest run too deep to ever be fully healed. They will sit forever in their icy citadel of Lugdunum, hating our guts til the end of time; and there's nothing we can do about it. Let us instead focus our Foreign Aid towards countries whom we may have a future with.

I'm hoping to use the foreign aid to serve other purposes such as getting ROPs, alliance etc hence why I requested in the budget officer (I thought it was only 600 gold) and supporting allies in need

Crimso said:
Yeah, Rome and the Iro's aren't going to be smiling at us for a while. Can I ask how this Foriegn Aid policy got started? It must have been before I joined up.

It was requested in the previous term and (now Governor) Zarn made the foreign aid fund. I decided to continue it.

Ah, I see. Now I sort of remember...

I say give some of it to the Aztecs. Strong enough to use it well, weak enough to deserve it.

we will be trading the luxeries for money so we can fund the various departments without these trading chips it will put a dent in trade

Hm... Can someone list the value of the Theory of Gravity in Beakers? We can probably make an even steven trade with Azteca for a lux or two and an amount of Gold that we would gift to them to cover the balance.

i.e. Step 1: Gift of a Lump Sum.
Step 2: Trade ToG for said Lump Sum + 1 Luxury.

In the following TC, we might be able to do the same with Babylon, minus the Lux.

Since the Trade with the Aztecs for Theory of Gravity has popular support in the Early Polls, I would like to make this Proposal:

Proposed: A gift of 500 Gold to Babylon with a rider that we immediately sell Theory of Gravity to Babylon for at least 250 gold.

(A copy of this proposal has been sent to the Minister of Trade)

Sir Donald III said:
Since the Trade with the Aztecs for Theory of Gravity has popular support in the Early Polls, I would like to make this Proposal:

Proposed: A gift of 500 Gold to Babylon with a rider that we immediately sell Theory of Gravity to Babylon for at least 250 gold.

(A copy of this proposal has been sent to the Minister of Trade)

Good idea for this. I'll support this if Trade agrees to it.

classical_hero said:
Why don't we give them 250 gold and ToG instead? This is also in my Trade thread.

I think we will get the "good vibes" from the gift of 500G and from a recent trade if we do it SD3's way. It might be a wash, but I think we will come out slightly better.

I agree, more trades generate more goodwill, simply due to interaction.
In fact, I am quite pleased with all of you three as co-players in this game, and I really like the way MOTH works around the issue here. Finally, we need to work hard to get the Diplowin, since Histograph may seem as a nightmare to achieve by now. I think many of us want this to end Term VI.

Top Bottom