1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

February 2021 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Feb 25, 2021.

1. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Whoa, I've gotta try that.

Jaybe likes this.
  2. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Meanwhile somebody playing with Peter is laughing in Russian! :lol:

AntSou likes this.
  3. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

хо хо хо! ха ха ха!

4. Haig

Haig Deity

In my game the barbarian clans definately turn into city-states.

5. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Assuming (from the various reports) that setting the CS counter to 0 blocks any barb-CS conversion, I begin to wonder whether this is a bug - or perhaps intended :crazyeye:

I can see arguments for both possibilities - technically, the setting CS=0 might be not only refering to 0 initially placed CSs, but also the option to play Civ6 without CSs under any condition. And then we have this mode: It has barb clans with a personality, you can interact with them and UU not used by civs get introduced. And then their is the CS conversion thing. Those four parts are connected in several ways, but taking the CS conversion out does not "destroy" the mode - it just takes away on part and cuts an effect the various interactions have (=increasing/decreasing CS conversion progress). And absent CS conversion even strengthens the "mercenary aspect" of the mode. So one could argue that this even provides more variance in gameplay.

For this being a bug speaks though that CS=0 behaves so different to any other setting (where it just determines the number of starting civs) and that it is no where mentioned to be intended. I followed the stream and there were quite anumber of questions and answers regarding the exact rules for the CS evolving, but I can't remember having heard a statement about this special case (but it could be easily that I missed it)

Meluhhan likes this.
  6. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

They start discussing this @31:25 in the livestream after Pete reads the question from chat. Anton even explained the process, but I got the impression they might not have considered this particular case beforehand.

Meluhhan, CoconutTank and Pfeffersack like this.
  7. raen

raen Coat of Arms

8. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

Are there new city-state names? Like Porto, Braga, Amadora, etc.

9. FloodPlain

FloodPlain Chieftain

Something just downloaded again, what was it?

10. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Civ6 addict

THANK YOU! Will try that in my very next game.
    If this really works that way, that is my "advice of the year". I've been playing Civ6 for so many hours but I did not know this.
    (And by the way @firaxis: A little button for "random new seed" would also be helpful, like in many other games.)

Jdoug312 likes this.
  11. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Are you sure on that? What was your exact setup? I runned now a quick test with an identical setup, just once with CS=0 and CS=1. The progress bar just does not fill if you select 0 starting CSs. No by the small amount per turn and not for actions supposed to boost this process. In the game where a set CS=1, the first clan I met had already made some progress.

---

BTW, another nice feature of this mode is that the EXP for permanently dissolving a Clan isn't subject to the limited-exp-from-barbs-rule :) So you have the perfect tool to promote your scouting units - and I see especially the Cree and Inca UUs benefitting from this.

Meluhhan likes this.
  12. raen

raen Coat of Arms

Just fooling with the part of poping City States, and Lisbon appeared, as long of others. Thanks to my peaceful game I guess. But barbs just not attacked once being at my side.

Pfeffersack likes this.
  13. Laurana Kanan

Nothing from FXS. Perhaps you had a mod update?

14. FloodPlain

FloodPlain Chieftain

How can I find out?

15. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Check your subscribed Civ6 mods and search for the date where each got updated the last time.

Laurana Kanan likes this.
  16. Laurana Kanan

I would add that you can also go into your Steam mods folder at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070" with Windows Explorer, and then sort the list by Date Modified. All the mod folders are named with their Steam ID, but if you open the folders you can see what they are by looking at modinfo file name.

AriaLyric likes this.
  17. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Is anyone else finding they get a Eureka when they clear a Barb Camp - this just happened in my current game which is somewhat over powered for Babylon!!

Meluhhan, CoconutTank and AntSou like this.
  18. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I think it makes them more coherent and synergistic and for me that is what I value most. It also kills the "build army in Oligarchy, fight in Autocracy" meme which was always the right way to play war.

19. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Yes. Was this mentioned or is it unintentional?

20. TreVor_ish

TreVor_ish Warlord

Yeah, You can get eureka from clearing barb camps. I guess we can tinker with it here:
    Code:
    <Replace Name="BARBARIAN_CLANS_TECH_STEAL_INTERVAL_STANDARD" Value="20" />
            <Replace Name="BARBARIAN_CLANS_TECH_STEAL_VARIANCE_STANDARD" Value="10" />
    It's within GlobalParameters