1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

February 2021 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Given the development cycles I don't think it was realistic to expect this today.

2. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Not downloading yet. I should be doing other things anyhow, I guess.

3. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Prince

There are also 3 new achievements. I don't have it in english, so here a poor translation:

Limited edition: Train a unique unit from a Barbarian Outpost.
    Commission: Ask a ransom for 5 units from Barbarians Outposts within a game (yeah, this is written in french as if a civilization can rob barbarians and then ask for a ransom... When I say that the french translation is quite strange sometime)
    Best enemies: Hire, bribe and loot the same Barbarian Outpost.

Edit: feel free to put the real english one.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Myomoto and Earl Grey - hot like this.
  4. CaptainUnknown

CaptainUnknown Warlord

Restarting steam worked for me, but it queued it so I just had to say download now at that point.

5. cain3456

cain3456 King

Just started. 157.1 MB

8housesofelixir likes this.
  6. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Not if you have enough gold. :mischief:

Just realized that Water Park bonuses now apply to Mexico City (Toronto). It's about time.

7. Naeshar

Naeshar Warlord

What? I mean this line is unintelligible if I didnt know what it should mean.

The Earth Godess nerf is pretty significant. I wonder if the change to Entertainment buildings is supported by data or just because the building is not used frequently. Aren't amenities more of a fundamental problem than just numbers?

Otherwise the changes are OK. Looking forward to barbarians. Love how Carl got into that roleplay xD.

8. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

I have been asking for this specific change for years, the exact card slots. They even flipped autocracy and oligarchy’s card slots to be better aligned. I’d given up on asking for that.

I will pretend this was 100% me and not, you know, mass advocacy for obvious balance changes.

9. nauberry

nauberry Warlord

Update is up now :)!

10. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Yes, it was nice while it lasted.
    The Dev giveth us a Preserve, and the Dev then taketh away faith in Earth Goddess. Only fair, I guess :) Now you must sacrifice more sweat off your back to gain comparable amount of faith in the earth.

11. kryat

kryat King

It took me a few reads to parse the sentence too. I think it means that the suzerain bonus now applies to water parks. Not that the city state now must build water parks.

12. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Yeah, going through the notes without thinking about it much, I thought Mexico City got a free ferris wheel for some reason.

Kmart_Elvis and Myomoto like this.
  13. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I didn't think Earth Goddess was too OP before this - it's situational, granted, but I can't say if in an average game I have twice the number of tiles that are breathtaking vs having stone quarries, for example. I liked having a pantheon that was God Tier in some cases and useless in others.

Arena upgrades are good. Sad that there's no Monopoly fix for tourism. Otherwise looking forward to some new governments and barbarians for the game I start up later today. Now just gotta think about who to use...

14. Peserwin

Peserwin Chieftain

So, another game mode with the previous one still being broken? No fix for AI not improving their resources? I'm disappointed tbh

15. Naeshar

Naeshar Warlord

It must have been just copied from internal todo list.

Should have read:
    [Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Added the Water Park buildings to Toronto (Rise and Fall) and Mexico City (Gathering Storm) suzerainty bonus effect.
    Three mistakes in a sentence in patch notes...

Hawke9 and Ondolindë like this.
  16. Shadowstrike

Shadowstrike Warlord

I'm a little disappointed that the tourism bug in the corporations mode didn't get fixed. It's quite clear that the multiplier is erronously multiplied by the number of other civs in the game, which is then applied a second time to every civ (in the normal tourism calculations), which seems like a fairly simple code fix.

Chocolate Pi and 8housesofelixir like this.
  17. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Civ6 addict

1.) So they did actually NOT fix that bug "make this deal more equitable"?
    2.) No rebalancing of the monopoly effects?
    3.) Still no change to that crappy deal UI?
    REALLY???
    Major disappointment.

oSiyeza likes this.
  18. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Will check it out.

I feel as if it's a bit too optimistic to expect an immediate fix. As I stated before, March or April is when I expect it to be fixed.

As @Kupe Navigator posted, there is a mod fix to this.

Apocrypha and Noble Zarkon like this.
  19. CaptainUnknown

CaptainUnknown Warlord

For those upset about the Monopolies bug, the reason it is probably not fixed is that the release pipelines are pretty set in stone by the publisher. We know that 2KQA approves updates and then they are also releasing for multiple consoles. I would not be surprised if this update was already 'code/feature frozen' at the beginning of the month. Hot fix would have been nice, I agree, but maybe they didn't do a hot fix as that could lead to a regression elsewhere in the code.

20. CromulentRomulan

CromulentRomulan Chieftain

Not mentioning or fixing the Tourism multiplier issue with Monopolies mode is indefensible