February 2021 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

There are also 3 new achievements. I don't have it in english, so here a poor translation:

Limited edition: Train a unique unit from a Barbarian Outpost.
Commission: Ask a ransom for 5 units from Barbarians Outposts within a game (yeah, this is written in french as if a civilization can rob barbarians and then ask for a ransom... When I say that the french translation is quite strange sometime)
Best enemies: Hire, bribe and loot the same Barbarian Outpost.

Edit: feel free to put the real english one.

Last edited:
[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Add the Water Park building to Toronto (Rise and Fall) and Mexico City (Gathering Storm).
What? I mean this line is unintelligible if I didnt know what it should mean.

The Earth Godess nerf is pretty significant. I wonder if the change to Entertainment buildings is supported by data or just because the building is not used frequently. Aren't amenities more of a fundamental problem than just numbers?

Otherwise the changes are OK. Looking forward to barbarians. Love how Carl got into that roleplay xD.

• Monarchy Policy Slots - 2 Military, 1 Economic, 1 Diplomatic, 2 Wildcard
  • Merchant Republic Policy Slots - 1 Military, 2 Economic, 2 Diplomatic, 1 Wildcard
I have been asking for this specific change for years, the exact card slots. They even flipped autocracy and oligarchy’s card slots to be better aligned. I’d given up on asking for that.

I will pretend this was 100% me and not, you know, mass advocacy for obvious balance changes.

What am I doing wrong? I am in my Steam account on my library "home" page, and I can find nothing. The update has not yet downloaded for me.

Could someone help?
Update is up now :)!

IIRC that's a very significant nerf? Earth Goddess in Gathering Storm used to give 2 Faith.
Yes, it was nice while it lasted.
The Dev giveth us a Preserve, and the Dev then taketh away faith in Earth Goddess. Only fair, I guess :) Now you must sacrifice more sweat off your back to gain comparable amount of faith in the earth.

I didn't think Earth Goddess was too OP before this - it's situational, granted, but I can't say if in an average game I have twice the number of tiles that are breathtaking vs having stone quarries, for example. I liked having a pantheon that was God Tier in some cases and useless in others.

Arena upgrades are good. Sad that there's no Monopoly fix for tourism. Otherwise looking forward to some new governments and barbarians for the game I start up later today. Now just gotta think about who to use...

So, another game mode with the previous one still being broken? No fix for AI not improving their resources? I'm disappointed tbh

Yeah, going through the notes without thinking about it much, I thought Mexico City got a free ferris wheel for some reason.
It must have been just copied from internal todo list.

Should have read:
[Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm] Added the Water Park buildings to Toronto (Rise and Fall) and Mexico City (Gathering Storm) suzerainty bonus effect.
Three mistakes in a sentence in patch notes...

I'm a little disappointed that the tourism bug in the corporations mode didn't get fixed. It's quite clear that the multiplier is erronously multiplied by the number of other civs in the game, which is then applied a second time to every civ (in the normal tourism calculations), which seems like a fairly simple code fix.

1.) So they did actually NOT fix that bug "make this deal more equitable"?
2.) No rebalancing of the monopoly effects?
3.) Still no change to that crappy deal UI?
REALLY???
Major disappointment.

For those upset about the Monopolies bug, the reason it is probably not fixed is that the release pipelines are pretty set in stone by the publisher. We know that 2KQA approves updates and then they are also releasing for multiple consoles. I would not be surprised if this update was already 'code/feature frozen' at the beginning of the month. Hot fix would have been nice, I agree, but maybe they didn't do a hot fix as that could lead to a regression elsewhere in the code.

Top Bottom