February 2021 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

Bull Moose Teddy and the Preserve now exist: it makes sense that they would nerf Earth Goddess. For those who have the NFP, though. For those who don't, may they rest in peace.

This to me does not ring as great reasoning, would be better to nerf Bull Moose Teddy than nerf that Pantheon. I really hope that Kongo are high on the priority list for the mooted April rebalancing as this Pantheon change hurts them the most

Any change to policy cards? The patch note mentioned nothing about policy card change.
Craftsmanship is now a Military Policy Card, and Colonial Offices and Colonial Taxes are now Diplomatic Policy Cards.

No mention of the policy card type changes in the patch notes? :confused:
They might have forgotten to. Check out Page 3 for the changes mentioned.

Last edited:
Sorry about it not being in the patch notes! The Craftsmanship, Colonial Offices, and Colonial Taxes policy cards have all changed types.
For confirmation I'm assuming those are the only cards that changed types?

Wood Elves.

Should be useful to identify Horse resources in advance.

We're missing a Clan that spawns next to Iron, for the same purpose. I'm leaving this suggestion here for a modder. Chariot Clan could probably be removed.
So Dwarves? :mischief:

Carl said on the livestream that they have changed color on some of the policy cards. No information on that in the patch notes.
Sorry about it not being in the patch notes! The Craftsmanship, Colonial Offices, and Colonial Taxes policy cards have all changed types.
Added to the OP patch notes. :)
As mentioned in our stream, the fix for the tourism bug with Monopolies is coming.
That's great it's being looked at, but I've listened to the livestream twice and surely didn't hear this being addressed.

upload_2021-2-25_20-25-14.png

It seems, that the military strength is not present in the banner anymore. I wonder if that is intentional?

View attachment 587667
It seems, that the military strength is not present in the banner anymore. I wonder if that is intentional?
Not going to lie, I definitely used that indicator to determine when to strike!

That should be something that gets included in the banner if civs you have high diplo visibility. A passive espionage bonus

[AI]
  • AI has bigger bias towards building air units.
  • AI will use better formations for air units.
  • AI will have more aircraft ready.
  • AI will more efficiently use anti-air against aircraft.
  • AI will place a larger value on trades that include strategic resources needed to build air units.
  • AI is more likely to make a deal for strategic resources related to air units.
  • Increase AI’s desire to engage in the Culture race.
  • Strengthened bias against building too many spaceports.
  • AI will not build units that require an ongoing resource they don’t have.
  • Fixed an issue where the AI would offer more Gold per turn than intended for low-value items.
I can't find anything related in today's patch diff file, are all of those hardcoded, or did I miss something ?

That's great it's being looked at, but I've listened to the livestream twice and surely didn't hear this being addressed.

I don't understand how a game that has the type of community Civ 6 has doesn't put out a little more detail on the vision for the game modes. I'd really like to know what to expect in the fix they plan to make for the Monopolies tourism modifier

Oh man earth goddess has been my favorite recently, especially with preserve. It was way more powerful than the other crappy +2 faith to quarries type of pantheons though. I think it is still more powerful, though much closer to being balanced with those weak pantheons.

I also missed that Firaxis acknowledged the tourism bug with monopolies during the live stream, so I'm glad they noted it here.

Hopefully a modder can take that info and create a quick and dirty mod to fix it in the mean time.

Top Bottom