Federation of Free States

With an unexpected peak in activity on my part, it would be best to wait for scheduling until elections have been finished

I disagree, a part of the Federations pledge was to play 2 TCs a week and a minimum of 10 turns a week. We should plan and play a TC by Thursday the 9th. It is just a matter of selecting a DP as any citizen can play the save.

Yes I would agree with a TC by Thursday at least, but that was far out of the timeframe I expected. With the looks of things, I was expecting elections sooner rather then later.

If you feel that new positions cannot be met until Thursday then I would attempt to make a schedule for the week.

Positions should be filled by then, I was just pointing out that there really is no need to wait to schedule this TC. The advance schedule can be done after the election.

We have one scheduled for later this week, and I'm sure things will continue smoothly in the new administration after that.

Well, looks like more may want to have a go at it...Joe might be able to do one over the weekend as well, and Vandal is open for next week.

These decisions will go to the next administration, but they are there nonetheless.

I could do one on the sunday or monday. :)

I want to thank the Federation and Lord Civius for the recent re-appointment to the Foreign Ministry, but I feel now that this government structure is a hinderance to our great nation. I will continue to faithfully uphold the duties of my office for as long as this government is in power, but I am withdrawing my membership in the Federation to work for the change that I think is now vital to our nation and its people.

Lord Civius, Cyc was never added as a member of the Republic.

If it's alright, can i do my tc on monday

I am going to have to delay till Wednesday, partly cause it will be just over 12 hours till it starts and two, i have plans today

Thank you, Lord Civius.

That works for me, Joe Harker. The delay will give the Land Grant time to complete. :)

Sorry to see you go. I hope it is not because of my lowered activity. RL is kicking my ass right now. Glad to see you're gonna stay on as Foreign Minister.

No, I'm leaving because I think the representative system is hampering the development of any coherent strategy and sapping interest and participation. Anyway we're are going to have to aquire democracy so we can switch to emancipation so I feel we might as well adopt a democratic system along with it.

That is reasonable 1889. I don't think it is the representative style gov't that is hampering the game. It merely spreads around the workload so that one citizen isn't overwhelmed. When only a handfull of citizens were making all of the decisions there was an outcry for a representative style government. Now that we have it the problem is the inefficiency of a representational system. Aside from the government civic we are under the underlying problem, IMO, is the amount of information a Dgame holds being crammed into 3 sub-forums. Unless you are a veteran the game is almost impossible to navigate. We also have not helped with adding things like residency, a RPG and a land-grant system coupled with the States and Central Gov't. It is a bit overwhelming to any newcomers.

lurker's comment: I'm hardly a DG veteran but I've always felt that multiple forums make the game messier and harder to navigate. The RPG element is essentially a separate game so keeping those items in a separate forum makes sense but Citizens, Game play, and Polls all have significant overlap. Combining them allows a player to keep up with current events with a single click.

As for work load, the game is meant to be played by a single person. Splitting the various tasks among numerous players only creates communication lags and poor coordination. Also when the individual with some important job inevitably fails to perform their tasks things don't get done and there is confusion while we try to find someone to fill-in.

Every job entails some level of unpleasantness and effort. Most people can put up with that because employment provides other benefits, but anonymous internet posters simply have no stake in these government posts. While it would be cool to create a virtual government, I think the numerous experiment here have shown that that is not what DG players really want. So my feeling is let’s scrap the politics and just get back to playing Civ.

Outstanding! Welcome, VW. Please don't kill LC or TCN. :p

Great to have you Vandal.

Top Bottom