• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

few industrial/modern tech icons

Diviner

Prince
Hi!

This is my first ever graphics stuff. I've been lurking around here so long and just downloaded what I found interesting. Well, it is time to give something back. For now a bunch of industrial/modern/nearfuture tech icons. Created via google search and gimp. Hope you find them worthwhile :)

See all previews and download the pack here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12992

Any opinions, contributions are appreciated. Yours truly :)

Here is a brief list of the technologies in the pack and the other keywords I would associate them with.
Spoiler Keyword List :
Alphabet (phoenician, calligraphy), Algorithm (computer, network), Anthropology (skull, x-ray, skeleton), Astronomy (space), Atomic Theory, Cosmology (space-time), Cybernetics (fractal), Education (university), Electronics, Fine Arts, Fusion Power, Globalism, Grand Strategy, Liberalism (civil liberties, parliament, government), Literacy (book), Literature (book), Machinery (construction, Machine Tools (cogwheel), Mass Media, Mathematics, Mechatronics, Metallurgy (steel), Navigation, Neuroscience (brain, mind), Networks (computer), Printing Press (letter), Psychology (brain, mind), Quantum Computing (computers), Quantum Mechanics, Radio, Scientific Method (brain, mind), Sociology (people), Superconductor (materials)

Attachments

• TechPreviews.jpg
    TechPreviews.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 139
Very nice indeed!

I might use a couple in my scenarios, especially cosmology.

Very nice! I will definitely use these.

I join the chorus of 'Very Nice' comments.:)

Great work on these!:goodjob:

Thank you guys! I haven't thought of this many replies would come and I would even be compared to Blue Monkey (which I find quite surprising, I believed that mine is not that similar to the steampunk style). But which is more important: there are a few more technology icons (in my mod) I am unsatisfied with so prepare to have more. I will post them in this thread tonight (CET time) or tomorrow.

I think the comparison is more to visual style than subject matter. ;) I feel complimented - these do look very striking. It's important to include previews of the small icons - they're the ones most seen since they're on the tech tree. And thus the ones the connoisseurs make their judgments by. ;)

:coffee:

Now that I've seen the small icons I have to say you've got an excellent eye. Skillfully done! And there are several icons very useful in a steampunk setting. It's a shame not to have any previews at all here in the thread. Take the time to pick at least one from each subset & post something that will entice the impatient. ;)

Now that I've seen the small icons I have to say you've got an excellent eye. Skillfully done! And there are several icons very useful in a steampunk setting. It's a shame not to have any previews at all here in the thread. Take the time to pick at least one from each subset & post something that will entice the impatient. ;)

Thank you Blue Monkey! Again you have a valid point, I just updated the first post :)

Wow!
These are great!
I wish I'd created icons of this quality!:goodjob:

I wish I'd created icons of this quality!
Practice. Then post WIPs, expecting scathing critiques. Then, in light of their suggestions, look at the work of those whose opinions seem worthwhile. Then Practice.

Top Bottom