1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Few Tips I picked up online

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by jdobbs951, Oct 26, 2016.

1. jdobbs951

jdobbs951 Chieftain

Hello all, Went looking for them helpful tips and tricks today and found a few that may make your life easier. Add any you have, remember nothing is too basic or too complicated (i hope lol). I do not take credit for these, found them online

1) WASD Scrolling

Navigate to the game’s UI assets directory. For steam installations, this should be located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier’s Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI
    Open the WorldInput.lua file in a text editor.
    Navigate to the DefaultKeyDownHandler function.
    Navigate to the line that has the following text:
    if( uiKey == Keys.VK_UP ) then
    This line is a conditional statement that triggers two conditions, one of which is m_isUPpressed. This condition tells the game that the UP UI option is activated. Another function in this file then activates the appropriate camera panning. In order to trigger this condition with another keyboard key, modify the conditional statement as follows (I’ve used W for the 21st century standard WASD setup):
    if( uiKey == Keys.VK_UP or uiKey == Keys.W ) then
    That’s all you need to modify on that line. Repeat this step for the next three conditions in the function, using the appropriate key as necessary:
    if( uiKey == Keys.VK_RIGHT or uiKey == Keys.D ) then
    if( uiKey == Keys.VK_DOWN or uiKey == Keys.S ) then
    if( uiKey == Keys.VK_LEFT or uiKey == Keys.A ) then
    Almost done. We need to repeat these steps in the DefaultKeyUpHandler function. Luckily, the conditional statements are exactly the same. As before:
    if( uiKey == Keys.VK_UP or uiKey == Keys.W ) then
    if( uiKey == Keys.VK_RIGHT or uiKey == Keys.D ) then
    if( uiKey == Keys.VK_DOWN or uiKey == Keys.S ) then
    if( uiKey == Keys.VK_LEFT or uiKey == Keys.A ) then

2) ALT+LMB= Map Rotation

3) Turn OFF leader animations (speed loading times)

4) Auto Unit Cycling

Go to: Documents/My Games/Sid Meier’s Civilization VI/User, open Options.txt and ctrl+F “auto cycle”. That should take you to this line: ;Does the selection auto cycle to the next available unit? (0 = no, 1 = yes) AutoUnitCycle 1 Just change the last character, the 1, to a 0. Save and you’re good to go

5) Remove start up logo (speed start up time)

1)rename Sid Meiers Civilization VI\Base\Platforms\Windows\Movies\logos.bk2 to something else
    2) download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18778144/00004.bk2 and rename/move it to Sid Meiers Civilization VI\Base\Platforms\Windows\Movies\logos.bk2
    3) enjoy your < 5s startup time

skyclad, JustMormegil and criminal like this.
  2. gooberman

gooberman Chieftain

Thanks for the auto cycle fix. That was driving me crazy!

UnforcedError and jdobbs951 like this.
  3. Qin Shi Hung

Qin Shi Hung Chieftain

Thanks for the empty bk2 file. I tried just renaming the file but Civ crashed on startup.

Now I have to decide if I can trust you...

4. Huaojozumakurwa

Huaojozumakurwa Chieftain

Any chance to eliminate the first part of the intro speech when you start/load a game? I want to get rid of the generic speech and only play the Civ specific one. I load into the game around the third sentence and never get to hear the Civ ones at all.

5. sresk

sresk Chieftain

You can eliminate the start up movie under options in game without fiddling with the file...

6. Qin Shi Hung

Qin Shi Hung Chieftain

The movie, but not the corporate logos.

Which is foolish - being forced to watch those logos only makes me hate the brand.

7. UnforcedError

UnforcedError Settler

You can press ESC to skip the intro movie (but not the logos).

8. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter