FfH2 0.15 Bugs

Sureshot said:
theyre not dwarven mines because theyre in dwarven territory, theyre dwarven mines because they were built by dwarven workers. i.e. they are a special improvement, like elven cottages. if you get some dwarven slaves you can even build them in your own territory.

Yes, you are right again as I just learned. I captured a dwarven worker. I paired him up with one of my workers and when I went to build a mine I was given the choice of a dwarven or regular mine.

Thanks again.

A couple of points. (Sorry if already covered elsewhere...)

1) Workers: I seem to remember (from a thread here somewhere) that workers constructing nodes was to be removed. They still seem to be doing it. (It's a real pain as they make very poor choices).

2) I've got some high level conjurers (L9) that won't upgrade to summoners? Can this _only_ be done at L6, or am I missing something. (and, no, I don't have three Summoners already!). Other units /will/ upgrade...

Workers can still build nodes, because the AI doesn't know to use adepts instead. The only way round it is to build nodes yourself and not automate workers until later on.

Don't conjurers upgrade to mages rather than summoners? Maybe not.

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, I knew about the tech & reagents - I had other units upgrade OK, just one seemed reluctant...

... it's since upgraded ok. Not sure why.

It looked like only "high level" conjurers were failing...

It all seemed a bit odd, hence the post.

Could it be they didn't have access to reagents where they were? I've not quite figured out exactly how the upgrade thing works out resources.

I'm not certain if this is a defect, but due to its placement in the code, the Order of captures is as follows:
1) The Slavery Civic
2) The Command Promotion
3) The Subdue Animal Promotion
4) The Werewolf Promotion
5) The Boarding Promotion
6) Magnadine.

If an earlier capture occurs, the later one does not. At least to me, this is unexpected behavior; as an obvious example, I'd prefer a Magnadine capture to a Slavery capture much of the time.

I'd recomend either clarifying this in the Civilopedia, or moving the Slavery Capture code to the end (so it only occurs if one of the other, typically more powerful, captures has not occurred).

xanaqui42 said:
I'm not certain if this is a defect, but due to its placement in the code, the Order of captures is as follows:
1) The Slavery Civic
2) The Command Promotion
3) The Subdue Animal Promotion
4) The Werewolf Promotion
5) The Boarding Promotion
6) Magnadine.

If an earlier capture occurs, the later one does not. At least to me, this is unexpected behavior; as an obvious example, I'd prefer a Magnadine capture to a Slavery capture much of the time.

I'd recomend either clarifying this in the Civilopedia, or moving the Slavery Capture code to the end (so it only occurs if one of the other, typically more powerful, captures has not occurred).

Yeah, the captures are in order of how they were written. When I add new code I do it at the end of the function. I will see about moving Slavery to the end (its probably the most likely to run).

Summoned tigers can be made into attractions at carnivals, allowing the summoner to create another one. This seems a little cheap.

There also seems to be something weird with movement for heavy golems. I'd assumed that a movement 1 heavy clockwork golem would only ever get 1 move per turn in enemy territory ( given they can't get commando ), and this happened usually, except for one spot in enemy territory where they got 3 moves. Is there any situation where that should happen ? If not I can go dig around in that save and try and pin it down.

Sorry, as I am not sure it is a bug, but more likely I just don't know how it works.

I built the Soul Forge for the first time and got the Death Mana. However, whenever I lose a unit (including an orc slave) or I kill a unit, I see the message that a soul has been processed.

But, then what?

I would think a unit would appear in the city where the Soul Forge is located, but that is not the case.

What am I missing with the processing of these souls?

Thanks.

Sarisin said:
Sorry, as I am not sure it is a bug, but more likely I just don't know how it works.

I built the Soul Forge for the first time and got the Death Mana. However, whenever I lose a unit (including an orc slave) or I kill a unit, I see the message that a soul has been processed.

But, then what?

I would think a unit would appear in the city where the Soul Forge is located, but that is not the case.

What am I missing with the processing of these souls?

Thanks.

Its adding production to whatever the city is producing.

velk said:
Summoned tigers can be made into attractions at carnivals, allowing the summoner to create another one. This seems a little cheap.

Its one of the advantages of the nature sphere. Although intended I would like to say that anyone who summons their faithful tigers only to lock them up is offically a bad person. ;)

There also seems to be something weird with movement for heavy golems. I'd assumed that a movement 1 heavy clockwork golem would only ever get 1 move per turn in enemy territory ( given they can't get commando ), and this happened usually, except for one spot in enemy territory where they got 3 moves. Is there any situation where that should happen ? If not I can go dig around in that save and try and pin it down.

No, it shouldn't happen. I would be interested if you figure out what the pattern is.

BeefontheBone said:
Could it be they didn't have access to reagents where they were? I've not quite figured out exactly how the upgrade thing works out resources.

It's possible.

I *thought* my tranport net was perfect, but it's possible. (I didn't save at that point, unfortunately)

Well, I got frustrated with the religion overlay crash problem so I did a little digging. I reinstalled all of the old versions of FfH2 I still have. I tested them for the religion CTD starting with the oldest and working to newer ones. This crash is caused by something added between 2.12b and 2.13b.
The overlay in 2.12b works flawlessly. The overlay in 2.13b crashes every time. I looked through the old changelog but nothing specifically jumped out as a suspect except the addition of the sprawling trait, and as that is SDK, I could not look at the code to see.

I hope that knowing when this issue started aids in finding the solution.

AlazkanAssassin said:
Well, I got frustrated with the religion overlay crash problem so I did a little digging. I reinstalled all of the old versions of FfH2 I still have. I tested them for the religion CTD starting with the oldest and working to newer ones. This crash is caused by something added between 2.12b and 2.13b.
The overlay in 2.12b works flawlessly. The overlay in 2.13b crashes every time. I looked through the old changelog but nothing specifically jumped out as a suspect except the addition of the sprawling trait, and as that is SDK, I could not look at the code to see.

I hope that knowing when this issue started aids in finding the solution.

0.13 was the one that Chalid had ownership of the SDK so a lot of changes came in. I tried backing out all of the relevant sprawling code with no luck, and I removed all of the rligion changes (chalid gave religions alignments in that version). Nothing I did seemed to keep the issues from occuring.

There are a ton of SDK changes in that version, MageAI, anti-promotion promotions, sprawling, HeroAI, Combat changes, Mana and Bonus changes, new bombardment system and Religions given alignments.

But I havent been able to isolate it yet.

CuteKills said:
Thanks for the reply.

Yep, I knew about the tech & reagents - I had other units upgrade OK, just one seemed reluctant...

... it's since upgraded ok. Not sure why.

It looked like only "high level" conjurers were failing...

It all seemed a bit odd, hence the post.

You can have a maximum of 3 summoners, which is probably what was preventing the presumably 4th one from upgrading.

Did anyone have whiteflag problems with 0.15k? Or was it fixed (I never released a 0.15k version of the whiteflag patch)?

Some possible Luchirp feature/bugs.

1. You can get both the heavy, and the light promitions, for a total of +10% strength, +1 move, +10 withdrawl chance, and +1 terrain cost.

Not that this is a huge problem, or unbalancing, but having both seems strange.

2. When you build an Arcane Golem with the fireball promition, he can also cast wither. Again, not unbalancing, just unexpected.

3. Having a Combat 5 Barnaxus gives my Golems Combat 5, and thus, the fireballs combat 5 too. With this being changed to the Golems getting empowered, rather than combat, with the fireballs be empowered as well? Not a bug, just a question.

4. What is the point of Bone Golems? Immortality seems wasted, as you can rebuild any of your Golems quickly enough, and it might be more interesting to have a living Melee unit, perhaps driving or piloting a Golem. Not a bug, just a balance question.

That's it I guess. Only 2 bugs. 2 balance questions.

But let me say, again, this Mod is incredible. The Luchirp are strong if well-played, but not unbalanced, and that goes for all the Civs I percieve as finished. Well done.

khanjackal said:
Some possible Luchirp feature/bugs.

1. You can get both the heavy, and the light promitions, for a total of +10% strength, +1 move, +10 withdrawl chance, and +1 terrain cost.

Not that this is a huge problem, or unbalancing, but having both seems strange.

Thats true, I tohught about making the promotions mutually exclusive but I havent done so.

2. When you build an Arcane Golem with the fireball promition, he can also cast wither. Again, not unbalancing, just unexpected.

Yeap, thats fine.

3. Having a Combat 5 Barnaxus gives my Golems Combat 5, and thus, the fireballs combat 5 too. With this being changed to the Golems getting empowered, rather than combat, with the fireballs be empowered as well? Not a bug, just a question.

No, the fireballs will be base damage regardless.

4. What is the point of Bone Golems? Immortality seems wasted, as you can rebuild any of your Golems quickly enough, and it might be more interesting to have a living Melee unit, perhaps driving or piloting a Golem. Not a bug, just a balance question.

Thematically their entire melee line is golems, it would seem odd to me to stick a living fighter at the opper levels. Immortality is better than not, though not as good for the Bone Golems and the other immortals.

Top Bottom