FfH2 0.15 Bugs

Kael said:
Did anyone have whiteflag problems with 0.15k? Or was it fixed (I never released a 0.15k version of the whiteflag patch)?
i have white flag problems every time, but i just keep a copy of the appropriate artdefines file from the orignal fix and copy it in each time there's a patch.

--Moved from another thread--

Note to anyone who knows how to program. If someone Can fix the general memory leak that exists in the end game, I will kiss you. Or, if that scares you, I promise NOT to kiss you. After i Crtl/Alt/Delted my way out of the game, I noticed that my PF history was sitting at 2.3 gigs. I dont ever want my virtual memory stretched that much, and im pretty sure I didnt say it could go that high, but there it was. When I superkilled the program, it dropped to about .2 to .3 (i had other programs running). The thing of it is, that I had saved and reloaded the game, and it WAS a bit faster. But after only a short while, the sheer amount of number crunching did it in. I got a "Memory allocation error" and then it died. So pretty please, fixa de leaka. I know my computer is not that bad, I may need another stick of ram...but I dont think i need 2 gigs worth :-/
-Qes

When you start games from the Medieval Age it starts you off with 2 archers and some other lower units. When the barbs come they start immediately sending lizardmen rangers, macemen, lunatics, chariots and other things (all strength 6). The AI cannot survive it, I've managed to survive it but only switching to 100% gold and maxed production right from the start to build a training yard. Would really be nice if the units you start with scaled up.

Sureshot said:
When you start games from the Medieval Age it starts you off with 2 archers and some other lower units. When the barbs come they start immediately sending lizardmen rangers, macemen, lunatics, chariots and other things (all strength 6). The AI cannot survive it, I've managed to survive it but only switching to 100% gold and maxed production right from the start to build a training yard. Would really be nice if the units you start with scaled up.

Wow, that sounds like fun. I should try it.. with raging barbs!

i did it on marathon/immortal.. and its pretty hard heh, you have to level your archers up on animals right off so they they can hold out against the first barb rush, then you need to get your warriors upgraded fast, so your city needs to be built next to iron if you want to survive.

Grillick said:
In order for Guerilla to give a bonus to attack a hill, they have to create a new function for promotions for hill attack. Hills aren't features, so the feature attack function doesn't work for them.

Well you could use a python event and def OnUnitMove to give units an "On Hills" promotion when on hills, and give Guerilla I and II promotions a combat bonus against the On Hills promotion. However I assume OnUnitMove is rather resource intensive and probably not worth it. Right Kael?

Edit: And Guerilla I and II would also get a combat bonus when defending against a unit attacking from hills.

Top Bottom