1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.16 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Endovior

Endovior Prince

I did get him Orthus' Axe! :D

That being said, another thing... Hidden Nationality units can't attack twice, or move after attacking. Once they attack, their moves left drops to -1, regardless of it's prior value.

Also, the Longshoremen promotion is buggy in an abusive way. For one, units with no cargo space can take it, incurring no penalty but still getting the bonus. Secondly, it is possible to load units onto a ship (for maximum abusiveness, when it has Skeleton Crew), then switch to Longshoremen... your units will stay loaded, regardless of the fact that they no longer fit.

2. BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone Windbag of the sea

Skeleton Crew and the extra cargo promotion on a galley leaves it with 2 cargo spaces - should be at least 3, surely?

3. Endovior

Endovior Prince

Nope, Galleys start with no cargo space.

4. Nero's fire

Nero's fire Warlord

The description of the galley says that it can carry two land units. That threw me for a loop when I was trying to settle islands and couldn't quite get my settler into the boat.

5. Endovior

Endovior Prince

Well, it CAN carry two land units... if you give it the Expanded Cargo promotion and run it with a Skeleton Crew. :D

6. Isamael

Isamael Chieftain

Yes, I've downloaded it. In fact, it's automaticaly done when you install Warlords. (think it's called 1.61)

7. BeefontheBone

BeefontheBone Windbag of the sea

Ahhh, that's the one - I hadn't clicked it doesn't start with a space because the description's out of date :)

8. Jay Ray

Jay Ray Chieftain

Hidden Nationality.

The Sheim's dragon as an HN unit blows fireballs which themselves aren't hidden nationality.

I had raised a small but tough army of HN units in order to decimate the Luichirp defenses prior to a declaration of war. I intended blast the cultural defense bonus with the dragon's fireballs. But the seige option isn't available for the fireballs. Nor can the fireball attack straight out; it just floats peacefully into the city.

Can HN unit's summons also acquire the HN promotion?

9. Kael

Kael Deity

YEs, summons of hidden nationality units are hidden nationality. You cause an exception (breathing fire). I will fix it in patch "c".

10. Endovior

Endovior Prince

In that case, that's probably the same problem with the Baron... when he's Hidden Nationality, the game doesn't want to produce units loyal to you in enemy territory. Perhaps you could make it so that when the Baron is Hidden Nationality, he spawns Hidden Nationality Werewolves?

11. eerr

eerr Emperor

how grossly overpowered would hidden nationality wherewolves be?
    just spawn them at the nearest tile of friendly netural or enemy terrotory you can go without causing war

12. Kael

Kael Deity

You are correct. To keep players from being able to build empires of hidden nationality units they cannot capture new units. To get the Baron to be able to grab new werewolves, you will have to declare nationality with him.

13. mindlar

mindlar Warlord

The unit gifting Orthus's Axe isn't losing the axe resulting in many units being able to have the Axe promotion.

14. Kael

Kael Deity

Your right, this is possible when you have multiple units selected when you go to trade the axe. I will change it to block this.

15. katika

katika Warlord

This is a great mod! Good job! I have run into a few bugs. I was playing the Doviello and after claiming the Dragon's Horde I was unable to upgrade my units to mithril weapons. Units could upgrade to iron weapons, but not mithril. I entered the world builder to add some T4 units in case you had blocked beastman and axeman from weilding mithril, but no luck. :( I was really looking forward to my strength 6, +20% city attack, +25% city defense, 25 hammer army.

Secondly, the cave of ancestors only gives 1 XP per unique mana node, so the Eternal Flame's extra fire mana don't give additional XP. I'm not sure if this is intended or not.

16. Kael

Kael Deity

You need to have mithril working tech discovered to get this as well. Make sure you see mithril showing up in your cities.

That is the intent (Eternals flames extra fire resource will allow all your untis to start with fire I and fire II for free though).

17. katika

katika Warlord

That makes sense, although the mithril was showing up in my cities. Should iron weapons be available before iron working?

18. Kael

Kael Deity

No, Iron Working should be required before your units will get iron weapons.

19. velk

velk Chieftain

I didn't get mithril weapons for mercenaries either, despite having multiple mithril sources, including the dragon's hoard, and the entire tech tree researched.

Also, on an unrelated note, the description of Shadows suggest that they should be able to see other shadows but this does not appear to be the case. I actually tried firing up the world builder to see where it was, and then moving my shadow onto the barbarian shadow space, which just resulted into pushing the barbarian shadow into a different square.

The barbarian shadow also resulted in a sort of ridiculous loop when it attacked a settlement with a few mercenaries in it - the shadow would kill a merc, capturing it, then I would move a merc out to kill the low health merc, capturing it back, and this went on back and forth for over 100 turns while I tried to find something that could see the shadow to get rid of it 8)

20. mervvyn

mervvyn Warlord

Currently, you need mithril plus a weaponsmith in the city to be able to give the mithril weapons promo; iron and bronze only require the metal itself.