FfH2 0.16 Bug Thread

bug report:
after you complete the "Nature's Revolt" ritual, barbarian cities are still created.
However, since no more humanoid barbarians (orcs, goblins, lizards) can spawn, the city is created empty.

i dont think this is intended behaviour :)

oh and about forests, is it intended that lumbermills prevent ancient forest growth? i haven't seen it mentioned in the civilopedia or anything

btw i have seen both forest and jungle grow onto roads, so they do spread there

bug report:
after you complete the "Nature's Revolt" ritual, barbarian cities are still created.
However, since no more humanoid barbarians (orcs, goblins, lizards) can spawn, the city is created empty.

i dont think this is intended behaviour :)

oh and about forests, is it intended that lumbermills prevent ancient forest growth? i haven't seen it mentioned in the civilopedia or anything

btw i have seen both forest and jungle grow onto roads, so they do spread there

I think you are partially right as I have seen animals defending barb cities after Nature's Revolt.

However, I did a comparison of barbs/animals before and after Nature's Revolt and found that only about 10% of the barbs were 'replaced' by animals. There were still plenty of barbs on the map and they continued to spawn.

It would be really interesting to see what happened if Nature's Revolt replaced every barb with an animal, but I don't think that is happening now.

I built the Baron in my city that had Council of Esus. He was created as a Hidden Nationality unit.

However, when he kills other units, Lychanthropy does NOT spread.

Is this intended?

I guess you could have Ravenous Werewolves that are HN or are not, but in this case you don't get the baby werewolves.

I've noted that some units (like Chalid) can be built at HN and summon HN units (like the Host of Ethenar).

I built the Baron in my city that had Council of Esus. He was created as a Hidden Nationality unit.

Is this intended?

I guess you could have Ravenous Werewolves that are HN or are not, but in this case you don't get the baby werewolves.

I've noted that some units (like Chalid) can be built at HN and summon HN units (like the Host of Ethenar).

HN units can't capture other units, and I think the Baron's mechanic counts as a capture.

HN units can't capture other units, and I think the Baron's mechanic counts as a capture.
yep, thats right

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but . . .

I built the Werewolf, Baron Duin Halfmorn and a Beastmaster in my Council of Essus and was rampaging through FoL lands. Neither unit captured a single unit. Does Hidden Nationality cancel out the capture feature?

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but . . .

I built the Werewolf, Baron Duin Halfmorn and a Beastmaster in my Council of Essus and was rampaging through FoL lands. Neither unit captured a single unit. Does Hidden Nationality cancel out the capture feature?

Yeap, you cant convert units to your cause if you are unwilling to say what your cause it.

When i captured a slave, i upgraded him to a lunatic and the lunatic could be automised... Quite disturbing actually...

Sounds entirely appropriate for a lunatic :)

Is this intended?

ya, in my modmod i made the Baron always hidden nationality, along with his werewolves, so i had to make special code to allow them to still capture units while hidden nationality.

this isnt really a bug, but it seems a bit wrong. making elven longbows or archers and such, and when you get hidden paths you can't get woodsman 1 or 2.. considering the archery line is one of their strong suits, itd be nice if they could get atleast woodsman 2. to achieve this, woodsman 2 could have an OR req of elven and be available to the archery class even while woodsman 1 is not (if its required that the archery line be incapable of developing good tactics in woods, but i dont know why, climbing a tree and shooting at people is a fun war tactic lol).

To get the AI to build them? Seems a daft bit of flavour though :)

Is there any reason why the stables have 40 culture flavour?

The theroy was that we wanted leaders to follow different unit strategies. So we wanted cultural leaders to go down the mounted path. We wanted to make sure they didnt ignore all combat options and we didnt want every civ to follow the same military path.

I dont think it worked out very well though.

How complicated would it be to make the SDK change to add new military flavours for them? Ranged, Melee, Mounted, Arcane or something, then you could flavour the buildings appropriately for that and independently of leaders' other flavours. Thinking about it, the "deciding what to build" code must have a lot of flavour instances in it - that'd be pretty time-consuming.

How complicated would it be to make the SDK change to add new military flavours for them? Ranged, Melee, Mounted, Arcane or something, then you could flavour the buildings appropriately for that and independently of leaders' other flavours. Thinking about it, the "deciding what to build" code must have a lot of flavour instances in it - that'd be pretty time-consuming.

There already is a favorite unitcombat setting on leaders. That didnt work for us (at the time) because even if we told a leader to prefer mounted units he wouldnt prefer stables.

Knowing what I do now, the best thing to do you be to make an ai change to boost the weighting of buildings that provide access to unitcombats they like.

There already is a favorite unitcombat setting on leaders. That didnt work for us (at the time) because even if we told a leader to prefer mounted units he wouldnt prefer stables.

Knowing what I do now, the best thing to do you be to make an ai change to boost the weighting of buildings that provide access to unitcombats they like.

is it truely worth having those buildings as unit prerequisits, or
is it fun to have units require a building prerequisists?

is it truely worth having those buildings as unit prerequisits, or
is it fun to have units require a building prerequisists?

One of the goals of the initial design was to move away from large armies towards smaller groups of more powerful units. One of the ways that was accomplished was in increasing the cost of the units. But that alone would get to prohibitive. So a fixed cost had to be applied, an infrastructure cost that would be paid to access the units (similiar to the research cost but in the more important resource, hammers).

We dont have building requirements on the doviello (we have increased unit costs instead) so that option is available. But I think forcing the player to make infrastructure decisions about his military is an important aspect of balance in FfH.

Top Bottom