1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.22 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, May 25, 2007.

1. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

thx but I think not...

I have at least either : 16 food per turn (2bonus+ 14consummed) or even 20/14 depending on the tests...
    'avoid growth' does not avoid growth artificially, it makes the city governor limit food production so that you have 14 food produced for 14 consummed.

But maybe I'm mistaking ... I will look at it tonight

2. TheBoatman

TheBoatman Chieftain

I tries to lower food production to stagnation, but over that it also stops growth.

3. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Yeah it's impossible to grow no matter how much food you produce when you have avoid growth on. If you also have the Governor on, it will try and limit food production as well.

4. Calavente

Oh, I checked ... and you are all right on the spot..

my mistake.

I usually never use 'avoid growth' so I didn't knew that ...

I deem you to accept my deepest apologies...

Cala.

5. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

The Chaos III Sorcery spell doesn't seem to be making me declare war when I turn rivals' units into barbarians. This was quite useful in my most recent game, as Sheelba. (although the newly barbarian units seemed awfully unwilling to attack their former owners, even when one tile away from a completely unguarded city) It was actually with a combination of Sureshots's Svatafar and Snarko's Options mods with a few changes of my own, but I don't think I changed anything that would allow for this exploit.

6. Calavente

another 'bug'...

loki doesn't flee... he is killed !! and reborn in the following second.

ok it seems lame but not so .

attacking Loki with Moe (hill giant) (6 str) anr Crumbly (hill giant) 2 times (one per giant) per turn, I gained 3-7 xp per attack !!
    I went up to 26 or 29 xp per hill giant (from 3 and 5 before the attacks) before deciding it was an abuse.

How does killing a 1str guy (ok, hero with lot of xp) with a 6str lvl5 allows you to still earn 4xp when you are not even really killing him.. he is just supposed to flee...

isn't it a bit buggy ?

(actually killing a 2str merryman combat 1 fortified in city only gives 2xp..)

7. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

what patch are you using?

patch D:

8. Calavente

normally I am running 2202 h (I will check it this evening)
    (I dl FfH2 at 0.21d, then stopped playing civ.. then dl 0.22 when patch h was out). but maybe I forgot to put it.
    is going to patch h save-breaking ? if yes it will be an easy way to test if I have installed patch h.

EDIT : nicht

9. Calavente

ok checked..
    I reinstalled patch h..
    and I could load the save.
    and loki stills dies + reborn.. and both of my +6str combatIII hill giants gains 3-4 xp each turn fighting the 1str loki.

sad.
    oh.. and with hidden nationality, the giants uses the roads in ennemy culture as if in neutral land

Attached Files:

10. Calavente

and another unbalanced fact :
    pearls can only be seen and harvested as lanun. no issue.
    but the map generator think they are bonus ressources for all civ, and count them as "fat ressources" for the capital site of the civ.
    I've seen many times AI civs capitals with few ressources : 1 or 2 in there fat cross. going in worlbuilder and seeing 3-6 pearls that the AI cannot harvest !!!

it is boring when it happens for the player, but we can change capital site and move the settler. but for the AI, it reduces some civ initial development.

maybe it would be better if the map script doesn't place the pearls when creating the map. and then, while checking the number of mithril and mana node, it may add some pearls .. in lanun fat cross or nearby.. and in other places..

(EDIT : or just allowing other civ to use perals but way later in the tech tree.)

I think this unbalanced artifact will still exist in 0.23 or 0.24(BTS) but I have not installed any of those so no ideas.

my 0.2