FfH2 0.22 Bug Thread

This is what I meant, a question of priority. Given the fact that the overwhelming majority of FFH players are only playing solo, I would hope that one of your team is almost full time on the AI, for the better of the project. Adding tons of features which are not supported by the AI would be suboptimal, in my humble (developer too) opinion anyway. :mischief:

If someone was dedicated to it it would be one frustrated person. Adding a feature is easy, making the AI understand it is hard. So I would add a feature to the game, they would spend days teaching the AI to understand it only to have the feature removed or significantly changed such that all that work is invalidated. So they would have to go back and rip out their code, etc etc.

Add to that the fact that all the AI will be changed when we move to BtS and AI programming is useless at this stage. First you have to build the game, then you teach the AI how to play it.

"Shadow" is the last really feature rich phase ("Ice" is just scenarios) so that is where the AI programming will take place. I did some proof of concept work (teaching the AI how to use the Spring spell effectivly) and that worked fine so I know we can do what we want, we just need to get the game converted to BtS and finished so we can do the work.

Add to that the fact that all the AI will be changed when we move to BtS and AI programming is useless at this stage. First you have to build the game, then you teach the AI how to play it.
As I already mentioned in another thread, the most complicated programming is for strategy. To improve the AI is very complicated, balancing by means of factorizing certain conditions is by far easier. Therefore most AIs do not play seriously, they are cheating to be comparative to a human player in strategic points of view. Not in calculating many details. As every CPU ...

This is more a question than a bug , i want to prevent a civ to found a religion if the civ already have found one . I've added this code :

Code:
	def cannotResearch(self,argsList):
		ePlayer = argsList[0]
		eTech = argsList[1]
		bTrade = argsList[2]

reliTech = [gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_WAY_OF_THE_FORESTS'),gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_ORDERS_FROM_HEAVEN'),gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_MESSAGE_FROM_THE_DEEP'),gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_WAY_OF_THE_EARTHMOTHER'),gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_CORRUPTION_OF_SPIRIT'),gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_NEVER')]
		if eTech in reliTech:
                        for iPlayer in range(gc.getMAX_CIV_PLAYERS()):
                                if gc.getPlayer(iPlayer).hasHolyCity(reliTech.index(eTech)):return False
                        for iReligion in range(6):
                                if gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).hasHolyCity(iReligion):return True
		return False

But cannotResearch() seems not to be called at any time . (i've tested the code with vanilla) . I've taken a look at the 2.022 source code and see no change in CvPlayer.cpp that can do that . Any suggestion ?

Thanks , Tcho !

i'm around turn 275 on my prince-level difficulty game and just in the last few turns i've had a very frustrating issue where the wait time after a hit the 'end-turn' button has suddenly jumped from a few seconds to 1-2 minutes. There was no gradual build up as the game got more complicated, it just suddenly happened. Restarting the computer, saving and re-loading, nothing works. I have no programs running in the background either. I guess the AI is building something or has triggered a certain behavior that is causing this extreme turn lag but i have no idea how to narrow it down. Is my game salvagable or do i need to start a new one?

Questions around some abilities: I have Kythra Kyriel which has in his list of promotions regenerations, but the prerequisite is an ability called Null.

Also, he has listed a bunch of magic, but to get them he must lean channeling. Problem, channeling is not in the list of promotions which are reachable, so?

Last, I noticed that assassins can target ships in harbor... But the standard behavior is to take the city when the last land unit is destroyed, so there is a discrepancy here (not a big deal though).

I would like to know about the hero. Perhaps I'm missing somehing on his upgrade paths, or the whole path is full of little bugs.

Heroes do not upgrade in FfH main game.
Just because a promotion is listed in pedia for a unit doesn't mean that that unit can actually gain that promotion normally, rather some unit of that type can gain it. A bit confusing, sorry.

I've got the same problem with 1/3 games i've made . I can't provide a saved game because of xml changes . But after i insist to load the game , it seems that the game try to open a diplomacy window . I've got the same bug in MP , the same AI_player try to do some diplomacy with two human player at the same time . But i don't know if this is the cause of the bug ... looks like an infinite loop .

Tcho !

I cant even start my game :(. It loads up fine I choose my civ and settings and it loads and right before it gets to the point where the finish button appears it crashes to desktop. I can play the unmodded game fine and I can play fall from heaven 1 fine. Any ideas?

EDIT

well it had to do with the opening video playing when I started a new game, strange. Im up and running now, but I have no interface. I see my units and what not, but I have to use short cut keys since I have no interface whatsoever!

HHhhmmmm, & I thought you could not get hostile with Hunters :-(

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 220
here you are

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/83374/Nate_AD-0269.Civ4SavedGame

I sat there with a watch to get accurate times and at the beginning tturns take 5-6 seconds to complete after hitting the end turn button. At about turn 274 or 275 they take in excess of 45 seconds. If any more games i play exhibit this behavior i will be sure to post them

I suspect this game was started with an earlier version of 0.22. The reason being that there are hundreds of bears and wolves on this map. Although the latest patch cuts down on the amount of spawning, it doesn't kill those that are already there.

When I deleted all the extra bears and wolves it was down to 9-10 seconds between turns.

I suspect this game was started with an earlier version of 0.22. The reason being that there are hundreds of bears and wolves on this map. Although the latest patch cuts down on the amount of spawning, it doesn't kill those that are already there.

When I deleted all the extra bears and wolves it was down to 9-10 seconds between turns.

That sounds reasonable. I just started a Terra game and on finding the New World discovered every available square inhabited by a stack of 4 wolf packs. Thought i applied the latest patch but i guess i did not! Thanks guys!

I'm not sure if this is a bug, an undocumented dirty trick, or just me not understanding the rule that kicks in barb unfriendliness when you are playing a civ with the BAR trait and exceed the 50% pts rule over the next AI civ in the standings.

The confusion has to do with an alliance this time: Rhoanna/Basium.

I was playing Charadon/Doviello and enjoying the challenge of keeping my score within the 50% premium of the next civ.

I was doing pretty good, sometimes gifting techs to civs to stay within the limit.

As the counter near 90, I thought what a great strategy it would be to suddenly get 100s of barb allies when the Avatar of Wrath appeared.

But, of course, when he did, I got the message that I had become too civilized and the barbs were no longer my friends.

1. Did this happen because even if you are friends with the barbs, the Avatar of Wrath will break this deal?

2. Here are the scores when this happened:

Charadon: 2,427
Rhoanna: 1,442
Basium: 599
Hyborem: 1,585
Sheelba: 1,575
Arthuras Thorne: 450

I thought the comparison would be made between my score and the Rhoanna/Basium alliance. In fact, I had had peace with the barbs the whole game. The scores above have been roughly the same (ratio wise) the last 200 turns and no problem.

However, the counter hits 90 and the barbs are at war with me.

Is it comparing with Hyborem's score rather than the Rhoanna/Basium alliance?

Unfortunately, it looks like game over as the gang all met at a barb city on my border. I lost plenty of units too, of course, and even though I kept my six hero units (War Machine, Sphener, Valin, Baron, Typhoid Mary, Trojan Horse), I think I am dead. Also, the counter went all the way to 93. If I lose a couple of cities, then the heroes and more units will go too.

So, again, what is the basis for comparison for the 50% rule above?

Thanks.

You are more than 50% Rhoanna's score. Her score is 1442, so if you have more than 2163 points the barbs will declare war on you. If you had greater than 150% her score in earlier turns I dont know why the barbs didn't declare war then.

Top Bottom