FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Something strange happened during my last game. I was just doing enough to hold off five hostile AI`s, when a new turn message popped up to say I`d declared war on Kuriotates, when I hadn`t. Had to go into World Builder to cancel it. I was allied with Basium at the time, so thought that they might have declared war and hauled me into it, but reloaded and checked friendly moves and no evidence of this. (This was with patch j I think.)

Also, my privateers` nationality was not being recognised after they had declared it, they were still being attacked by friendly Civs. This was an earlier patch, so this might have been fixed by now.

Last thing - Barbarian units roaming my lands seem to just sit and do nothing. If I move a unit into an adjacent tile, the Barb will attack, but otherwise won`t budge. Is this intentional/fixable?

A few things can cause that:

1. Basium could have declared war, watching friendly moves isnt indicitive of war declarations. (this is the most likely option)

2. You might have cast a spell that caused war, if you cast ring of flames and hit one of their units that will cause war to be declared.

3. An AI civ with the patriarch of your religion may have called a holy war against that civ.

Cheers Kael :)
I think the first option is most likely, as neither my Civ or Basium had any offensive spells (there was only 1 mana node on the entire map!), and I was the founder and only member of RoK. Still seems strange why they would attack Kuriotates, unless they had allied with Hyborem without my knowledge.

Cheers Kael :)
I think the first option is most likely, as neither my Civ or Basium had any offensive spells (there was only 1 mana node on the entire map!), and I was the founder and only member of RoK. Still seems strange why they would attack Kuriotates, unless they had allied with Hyborem without my knowledge.

I had something similar with patch i (I think): my catapult attacked a kuriotates city (who were my best friends aturn before) instead of just passing through. I did not receive any message saying war was declared (i do not see why ; we had O of Heaven both)

I had something similar with patch i (I think): my catapult attacked a kuriotates city (who were my best friends aturn before) instead of just passing through. I did not receive any message saying war was declared (i do not see why ; we had O of Heaven both)

Your catapult (or a unit in the Kuriotate city) was probably hidden nationality.

I have noticed something strange and I am not sure if it is intentional or not. I am at war with the last 3 civs patch H I think as I wanted to finish the game. Everytime that an assasin kills one of my weak untis it pushes the entire group outside of their borders with all of the other units not damaged.

Yeah, I've noticed that too, but not just in FfH. It was like that in other mods too, and with privateers in vanilla BtS. I'm pretty sure it is a BtS problem related to Hidden Nationality.

Patch i, after upgrading three hippus horsearcher to knights I am still able to get more knights: I can't upgrade more horsearchers in my own land, but if I send them to an allied city with a hippodrome I'm able to upgrade them there.

I can not enter any advisor screen while talking to a leader.
edit- i'm playing with patch j.

def reqFeast(caster):
pPlot = caster.plot()
pCity = pPlot.getPlotCity()
if pCity.getPopulation() < 3:
return False

<=3 would be nice, since feasting size 3 city got nothing. [idea:unless vampires can destroy the city with feast (with some +AC perhaps)]

Playing version i. Didn't see anything that may address this. Good civ. trying to get the AC down and nothing is working!!

I'd second this - razing AV's capital should _always_ lower AC. Razing large AV non-capital city is another thing (small AV cities should too, imho)

I was playing Grigory with 3 evil AIs, all of them AV and I was unable to lower AC at all (got 100+). Grigory is neutral, but they should mind 100+ AC (as I see them)

mine 2c

I found two bugs using Sureshots map (the first one) and patch j.

When I finished researching the Ashen Veil it asked me if I wanted to switch my civic to Sacrifice the Weak. I said yes, but since I had not yet converted my civ the the ashed veil nothing happened except revolution for one turn.

I attacked the Hippus city with disease corps and even after four successful attacks not a singe defender became diseased.

Hmm, it probably needs the same type python requirement as feast; actually, there is no reason why you couldn't just use def reqFeast(caster) for both.

Personally I wish that neither one had this requirement, but that lowering cities below size 1 would raze them (I thought of this long before xaliger, but forgot to suggest it). Of course, I guess that some would say that it would be unfair that only the Calabim and the Sheaim could raze their own cities, but it does fit their theme better than most. It definately seems like something Losha would do.

(Edit: I just got to thinking that some really strong "superspell" rituals, perhaps AV specific, destroying the city that build them would be really cool, and could perhaps somewhat balance the ability of these two civs to destroy their cities)

Fairly minor bug, but the date a religion is founded doesn't show up on the religion adviser screen. I think this has been since BTS.

Fairly minor bug, but the date a religion is founded doesn't show up on the religion adviser screen. I think this has been since BTS.

Kael mentioned to me in a previous post that the Year has been taken out of FFH2 as it was redundant. So therefore it won't show up there either.

However, I'll just be a voice saying it should go back in. I use the event log to look over things that happen, and without it saying a date, or a turn, it makes things more difficult to find certain things I may be looking for.

After applying some changes to on top of patch k, I got the GFC Error.

I had renamed the folder and switched the link to go to the new name, since I figured I would need to rename it before I downloaded the next patch so I could keep it and use the compare tool to bring the changed over. I thought that renaming it now would mean I could still play it later.

When I changed the name and link bach to the default locations, the error went away.

playing on patch "j" as ljosalfar
I had a CTD when i clicked on 3 warriors and tried to upgrade them into swordsmen, I had recieved the event for stronger axeman earlier in game, might have had something to do with it.

also is the forest preserve working, not seeing any trees spreading, it is in my cultural borders with a road to it

Lastly, have the box checked for double armeggeddon effects, first heard the sound in yr 120, counter did not hit "1" until year 198 and had only made it to "8" by year 275 despite many turns where sound went off multiple times

Top Bottom