1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Draconian

Draconian Templar of Doom

Patch k, I'm playing Perpentach and am allied with Sheelba (AI). On turn 73 the barbarians suddenly decide to attack. There was no popup stating that the peace is broken like in 0.23 and my team is only second in score.
    How did this happen? Is the AI somehow able to declare war on the barbarians? I don't see a way to do this as a player.

2. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Are you sure you ever had peace with them? I'm pretty sure that when You make a permanent alliance you boht become at war with whomever either of you were at war with, so forming the alliance probably made her declare war on the barbs.

I'm pretty sure that you can declare war on the barbs if you move inot the same tile as a barb unit and the box appears asking if you want to declare war, and you click yes.

That reminded me, barbarian trait civs are at a disadvantage if you form them as colonies, since they never get their peace with the barbs but they are stuck with the research penalty. It would probably be nice if they lost the trait when they are at war with the barbs.

3. eekhoorn

eekhoorn Chieftain

Encountered a bug:
    Spoiler :

It triggered at few times, had nothing to do with my actions afaik (i was neither veil nor order)

4. Draconian

Draconian Templar of Doom

I started the game already allied with Sheelba and we were at peace with them for the first 72 turns. I know this for sure because Sheelba hat ruins two tiles away from her capitol. And at turn 73, when they turned hostile a red circle appeared under the Lizardmen at those ruins.
    Before that I was able to move units into the same tiles with barbarians, the box asking if I wanted to declare war didn't appear. Was the box not added in 0.25 or does it only appear for players with the barbarian trait?

5. Peng Qi

Peng Qi Emperor

At least in vanilla, if you attacked an animal, it asked you "Declare war on Barbarians?" If you say no, you attack the animal anyway and can capture it. If you say yes, it cancels your state of peace with the barbarians for the rest of the game.

6. formless blob

formless blob Chieftain

The tower of elements seems to have no effect on fireball or sand lion.

I was able to build soldiers of kilmorph in some cities but not in others, and I cant deduce why. All cities had the kilmorph religion, and even temples.

It is possible to build a lumber camp in a forest, and have that forest turn into ancient forest, but it is not possible to build a lumber camp in an ancient forest.

Using version 0.25k.

7. feydras

feydras Prince

You probably already know this but the OOS errors in multiplayer are happening in unmodded Civ BtS as well. I have a screenshot from a current non-FfH unmodded BtS pitboss game if it will help to see it. That game gets them frequently, usually when many people are logged in at once, but it just happened with only two of us on right after the turn flipped.

- feydras

8. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

None of the events that are supposed to modify your relations with other civs seem to have that effect. I've wasted 20 gold several times now.

Edit: In my current game I got an event where I was forced to pay 200 gold to gt a diplo boost with Capria (the other option was grayed out for some reason), and much latter when I looked at the diplomacy it seems it had registered this time. So, I guess not all of the diplo events are messed up (or at least not all the same way ;) )

9. ZhugeTien

ZhugeTien Enlightened Despot

Yeah, no kidding. -1 for a failed marriage or foolish diplomat doesn't reflect (at least not on-screen).

10. Htaed M'i

Htaed M'i Chieftain

Um, is the Dragon suppose to run around killing everyone? Thought it stayed in it's city. It left it's city with the Dragon's Horde still there. I took it. The Dragon wiped out a few cities before bunkering down in another city.

Orthos just disappeared from my game. No one killed him. He's just not anywhere. No one has his axe either.

Noticing that the AI is building the wrong things on tiles. Building cottages on copper and mana.

After having other civ's becoming Vassals, repeated getting message at the top that Peace Treaty cancelled. Sometimes several turns in a row.

11. ZhugeTien

12. ZhugeTien

There have been repeated problems with Acheron since version .16 in my recollection. I'm sure Kael and the team will correct such things, though it seems to have taken several attempts in the past for each version. Acheron is supposed to do nothing but sit in his city and look menacing. Give them a week or three and they'll have it all straightened out, I'm sure.

13. ZhugeTien

Oh, and for the Orthos's disappearance problem, all I can deduce is that he must have been slain by an animal or some such. In past versions, animals could carry the axe. Not sure about .25 in that regard. Certainly worth looking into.

14. CuteKills

CuteKills Chieftain

Planar Gates don't seem to be spawning critters in my current (patch k) game.

The AC is 49 or so, so I'd expect something in the last 70 turns...

(I have the catacombs & quite a few temples of the veil too.. )

15. kidcarson

kidcarson Chieftain

not getting +1 happiness with the sculpters studio while on nationhood civic

16. jprc

jprc My dog is smarter than me

Malakim, Monarchu, Leaves religion, patch f (but I saw nothing in following patches answering my points below).

Here is a list of questions? issues? misunderstandings? after playing a lengthy game.

1- Mercenaries build by and placed in friendly cities (even in my vassal’s cities) forbid the entrance to all my units, including my missionaries! I need to fight for opening the way. BUT if I build a mercenary and place it in my city, it does NOT forbid the entrance to other foreign units!! Mercenaries should be more neutral when placed in a friendly city, except if this city riots (no more law and mercenaries rules...)

2- Privateer: even if you remove the hidden citizenship, they are still attacked by other ships without state of war. I think it is the same with captured animals with “promotion: hidden” removed: they can be attacked by others without them declaring war.

3- Nodes: is it by design that a node cannot be destroyed (i.e. returning to a raw mana state?) and recycled?

4- Hero “Typhoid Mary” (plague): placed into the “hero” category, but without hero promotion (1xp/turn)??.. I am also unsure if the Plague effects actually works are in numerous battles I saw no effect on enemies. As it is not a true “hero”, is not it better to make it a national unit for evil civs and with no plague effect if it attacks a civ with medicine?

5- spell Entangle: Having this spell successfully cast on a stack of units (fregates with <can not move : 1>) does NOT stop them to move and attack as soon as you end your turn!!! No other foreign units were nearby for removing the entangle spell (if any exists).

6- Quest: built 8 forges. I succeeded and was offered 3 choices and picked up the 3rd one: having a free engineer. I received nothing. If engineers are not in the mod, such event should be removed, or the engineer substituted with another great person!!

7- If I liberate a city, at the opposite of BTS, I never receive any &#8220;+x you liberated our city&#8221;. Liberation tends to be pointless and lower diplomacy effects.

8- When a High Priest of Leaves (or other with the ability) calls for a Holy war, a civilization vassals of your enemy but with your faith (ex: a civ with Leaves, vassal of an Ashen civ at war with me) should break free and a- make peace if at war with you (hence at least going back to neutral state in a conflict), b- If this civ is not at war and is vassal, nothing should happen (stay in neutral position)

9- In a stack with Man-oWar and barges, attacking fregates target first my weak barges. How comes? Is not it a &#8220;marksman&#8221; option for land units?

10- The &#8220;Lifespark&#8221; can fly, but as soon as it is placed over a stack of ships, it loads a ship! It should not do it without manual action from the player.

11- if a player attacks 1 time with Orthus&#8217; axe, another player in the stack can take the axe and continue the attack adding even more turns with this axe being used. This allows the 1st player to use the axe with +1fire and I think it is an exploit. Once a unit with Orthus starts an attack (physical or spell), the axe should stay with this unit until next turn.

12- Razing the funding city of the Ashven religion before reaching 100should really give a true boost against Armageddon counter! I was at 99 when I managed to raze the city and expected really a nice stop, but only went back briefly to 95. As I was the only "good" civ against 6 evils and 2 neutrals, I was doomed from start for the purpose of reducing the counter to significant levels. I would advocate for a 50% reduction of the current Armageddon counter, with 100 being too late for any effect... OR, have the reduction factor proportional to the balance between civilizations. Example: if 1 Good vs 7 Evil, then the reduction is reduced 6 times more than if eevery civs are balanced (negative civs = positive civs)

13- Great general: it does not seem to exist in FFH as I am now at 1572/30. However it would be nice to use the combat experience counter (in screen F5) for triggering a positive random event each time it is filled up.

(I miss a wonder granting the ability to your civilization to have an existing hero of your choice joining your civ for , say, 10 turns, and if you are at war with this civ! A pop up in the style of the mod Rhyes and Fall where you can choose a city from another civ, in this case, a hero...)

But what a masterpiece!! And done by volunteers, which add a &#8220;I-love-what-I-do&#8221; value to this expansion ( I can not call this a &#8220;mod&#8221;).
    (Drawings -except the in-city icons that are difficult to see...- are so romantic and/or artistics! Some back stories are also so nice that you ask yourself if some stories will have a sequel as you would like to care for what happens to xxx&#8230;)

17. tar

tar Chieftain

Had a situation where I was at war with Perpentach (playing Amurites myself) and had a stack of units in his terrain, including a mercenary which had declared nationality. An event allowed me to make peace with perpentach but the mercenary stayed within his cultural borders even though it wasn't hidden nationality. The other units moved out ok.

18. felwar

felwar Warlord

I'm not so sure. I had this happen in one of my games as well, and Orthus was defending a city in a small area with no animals nearby. I suddenly saw a message that Cassiel had recaptured Midgar, sent troops down that way, checked the world builder... long story short, no orthus, no axe, and it was an isolated peninsula.

And Kael, any word on if the AC rising when you raze an AV city is correct? Would really like to know.

19. Mortenart

Mortenart Steampunk

Had a similar situation. Offered two of my cities to Tebryn in return for peace. Three of my mercenaries (with declared nationality) remained in one of the cities I had handed over. Tebryn had no units in this city, just mine, but it remained his even if my mercs left and re-entered.

20. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

it is by disign, to avoid abuses...

but maybe :please: one day we will have a spell or action from mage/sumoner that can desacralize a mana node, leaving it neutral as raw mana :)
    it would be very useful... and maybe if it is at the cost of the mage's life it would be a bit balanced ??? :please: